eaReckon EARebound (multi-delay) updated to v1.1.0 (AAX, VST3, ..., New GUI)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EARebound

Found a bug: In Studio One V2.5 64 bit if i hit "random" saturation, modulation and filters etc are never affected. fiddling with the randomizer options does not help.
Finally!

ps: this (behaviour) might be by design, but how can i know which saturation mode is active?!
Finally!

Hi Cyphersuit,

I'm going to contact you by email about this issue (I need more details about it).

Thanks!
Philippe

sorry, i seem to very bad at bug descriptions. just answered your mail and included a screenshot. hope this helps.
Finally!

No problem ;-)
Thanks for your email. I'm going to do some tests right now.
Will keep you informed (here or by email).

thanks for the support. seems it was an user error... (sent you a mail about it).
Finally!

Many thanks for your detailed report, Cyphersuit.
I'm glad everything seems to work as expected.

As mentionned in my email, if something is not intuitive enough in EARebound, then I have some room for improvements ;-)

All the best,
P.

No built-in controls for ducking?

Could you please tell me more about what you would like to achieve?
Thanks!

This delay device looks cool, reasonable price. Coincidentally i want to ask basically the same question as the poster above..

Can it do ducking too? If not, would you care to implement it?

Thanks for your post, Zeep.

Before I begin to think about it, could you please tell me which kind of ducking effect you would like to achieve?
I mean, would you like to lower down the overall "wet" level while the input signal is hot (as would do a sidechain gate/ducker) or do you want to achieve something that seems more complex to do.

In the second case (this is the right one, isn't it? ^^), could you please give me more details about it and eventually provide me a link to an audio example (a song, a video or something)?
Last edited by PFozz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honestly i would always use vengeance multi band sidechain or cableguys volume shaper 3 to do this for me.
Finally!

Here is an audio file with three different types of ducking delay effects (with the same sample being used each time).
EARebound + some plug-ins of the ANALOG87 Series have been used here...

Which type of effect would you like to get (1, 2, 3 or yet another one)?

http://www.eareckon.com/music/EAReboundDuckingTests.mp3

Great that you setup some examples!

Soundwise, number 1 and 2 sound nice. (i mean purely the effected signal)
What i like about number 2 is that it only repeats the end of the phrase. That is the functionality i would want in a ducking delay. And then preferably be able to set the size of the sample myself. And the Attack/Release of the ducked sound coming back in.

I.e.
Vocal: "HelloPeopleThisIsEareckon!" -> delay plays:"reckon-reckon-reckon.."

Then when i set the samplesize larger:
Vocal: "HelloPeopleThisIsEareckon!" -> delay plays:"IsEareckon-IsEareckon-IsEareckon.."

Don't get me daydreaming and begin about adding even more control, like delay tempo changes with pitch but keeping tempo sync. There's no delay that does that except one of the Psp delays.

A ducking effect like number 2 in your example can't be done in Live using a rack unless i automate the input signal. But i'd rather have a great versatile delay tool like eaRebound to Rule them All.

Thanks Zeep!

Here are some details about them:

1. EARebound + SD-COMP87:

2. EARebound (2 instances) + SD-GATE87 ("Ducker" mode):

3. Only EARebound + automation of its "Send Level" fader.

(The third solution is surely the easiest one)
Set the size of the sample myself and the Attack/Release of the ducked sound coming back in.
It is not an easy one to achieve but I will think about what's possible (technically, it is an interesting idea).
EARebound may contain too many things to get what you want implemented the proper way. However, a special ducking delay (featuring 2 linkable delay lines + a global one + various things) may do the job.
I cannot promise I will work on it in the next future but will take the time to think about it.

Return to “Effects”