eaReckon EARebound (multi-delay) updated to v1.1.0 (AAX, VST3, ..., New GUI)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EARebound

PFozz wrote:Thanks Zeep!

Here are some details about them:

1. EARebound + SD-COMP87:

2. EARebound (2 instances) + SD-GATE87 ("Ducker" mode):

3. Only EARebound + automation of its "Send Level" fader.

(The third solution is surely the easiest one)
Set the size of the sample myself and the Attack/Release of the ducked sound coming back in.
It is not an easy one to achieve but I will think about what's possible (technically, it is an interesting idea).
EARebound may contain too many things to get what you want implemented the proper way. However, a special ducking delay (featuring 2 linkable delay lines + a global one + various things) may do the job.
I cannot promise I will work on it in the next future but will take the time to think about it.
That's all i can ask for. Thanks for explaining it!
I agree a separate ducking delay device is probably best.

Once i get the hang of Max4Life this was always a device i planned to make.

The idea comes from an old hardware multi fx i owned that had a very good ducking delay and reverb build in. Though the device was most known for the distortions! This ducking function was unknown to many.
The Zoom9050. I still have it :)

The Zoom9050. I still have it
Being curious about it, I've searched the second-hand market but this thing seems to be extremely rare nowadays!
I may work on a 2 taps (+ one global line) delay in the future.
However, I want to take the time to think about it (I want it to be "different" and not just a cut-down version of EARebound). I already have some ideas for such a thing.
Well... I also have some other (non-delay related) things to finalize before.
I will keep you posted.

PFozz wrote:
The Zoom9050. I still have it
Being curious about it, I've searched the second-hand market but this thing seems to be extremely rare nowadays!
Really? Wow.
If you manage to find it, the SFX menu is where the ducking delay and reverb are. :)
On the other hand, if you're really serious about some testing/modelling i could send mine over for you to work with, if i just get it back! :) ;) ;)
PFozz wrote:
I may work on a 2 taps (+ one global line) delay in the future.
However, I want to take the time to think about it (I want it to be "different" and not just a cut-down version of EARebound). I already have some ideas for such a thing.
Well... I also have some other (non-delay related) things to finalize before.
I will keep you posted.
Sounds good! Maybe you can implement reverb too, to make it more different.

I will be looking out for your new developments.

WOW!! I got a chance to play around with EARebound and its VERY COOL! Congrats!! Its actually very similar to Logic's own Delay Designer, which I LOVE! In fact, its so similar I'm on the fence on getting EARebound as I've already been doing something very similar with Delay Designer, but there are some cool little things your delay does differently.

For example, Logic's delay designer does not have the ability to saturate each individual delay line. This is very NICE! However, I do wish there was a bit more control over the saturation though, like a separate filter where I can make it so the saturation only effects the mids-highs, and leaves the lows untouched. For example, I tried running EARebound on a taiko drum loop, and I'm doubling a fill pattern in the loop like an echo, and I wanted a little bit of grit on the mids/highs via the saturation, but when I try to do this the Taiko's low end triggers the saturation way too much, causing distortion in the lows before the desired saturation in the mid/highs is reached. I cannot use your filter section to achieve this end, as if I use the high pass it will high pass the entire delay, and not just the saturation, so I'd be missing all the low end on the delay. Thus a few controls on the saturation module would be a welcomed addition, even if they are hidden in a sub menu ala Omnisphere. On the subject, it would also be nice to be able to solo and individual taps in EARebound for very specific tone shaping.

I also love your modulation section, which is GREAT! Again, this is something thats not in Logic's Delay designer. I also think your use of multiple channel outputs is ingenious once you understand how it works (took me a little while in logic to figure out the routing - may want to add something in the Manual about how to set it up, as logic is a bit weird when it comes to this stuff.)

A cool feature that Delay Designer offers which EARebound does not is the Ability to pitch shift/Transpose the delay. This can be used for some cool effects. Also Delay Designer has a handy "flip" button which flips the Stereo image of the delay. So for example if you have a hi hat panned hard left, you can make it so in the delay its flipped to hard right. Maybe these can be added in an update? Also something I wish both EARebound and Delay Designer offered was a way to reverse a single tap of the delay.

Anyway, congrats on the great plugin! I'm still undecided if I will purchase it as I can get 85% of EARebound out of Delay Designer, but either way it is a FANTASTIC plugin!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Many thanks, Jon!

Delay Designer seems to be a great delay, indeed (even if, hopefully, the concept looks quite different).
a separate filter where I can make it so the saturation only effects the mids-highs
The saturation modules in EARebound feature such internal filters but I wanted the saturation to be adjustable via a single easy knob.
Giving access to more saturation related parameters would have killed the current "calibration". However, there are two (x17) unused parameters in EARebound: SatParA and SatParB... I may make some use of them in the future ;-)
it would also be nice to be able to solo taps
I worked on it this week. This option should be included in v1.0.2 :D
took me a little while in logic to figure out the routing
I received some reports from Logic users about it and will work on a document or something which describe how to do it (EARebound as a MIDI Controlled effect + Sidechain).
pitch shift/Transpose
I'm not sure this one will be implemented but I may do some experiments.
reverse a single tap of the delay
I like this idea. Will think about it.
it is a FANTASTIC plugin!!
Thanks again, Jon!

CRUD, still on the fence with this plugin. If I didn't already have delay designer it would be a no brainer as its a FANTASTIC plugin, and the only reason I'm even considering it is that it does offer a few extras that delay designer does not (like the saturation/modulation on individual delay lines, the multi-channel output, etc). Plus Philippe is a FANTASTIC guy and amazing developer who I want to support!! If money was no object I would have bought it already just for those reasons (actually if money was no object I would wait until after the sale to buy it, lol)

Philippe, please tell me the intro offer is good THROUGH the 17th? And is it only through the 17th in France, or through the 17th here in the US? (its still the 16th here, but I believe its already the 17th in France). BTW, why does it end in the middle of the week? Kind of threw me for a loop as I incorrectly thought I had more time to evaluate this plugin (got a late start, lol)

Thanks again for being you, and keep up the amazing work!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for your kind message!

I will do my best to make the intro price period end on the 17th at 23.59 min for everyone (whatever the time zone).

I will be on vacation from April 20th to April 28th and wanted to have the possibility to easily activate all key files in the case of an eventual promo rush. Actually, it's easier for me to do this from my main computer.
This is why this promo ends in the middle of the week ;-)

Thanks again!
All the best,
Philippe

I have been looking for something similar to Delay Designer to use in Live. I really like this one, especially the sound of the distortion (acid!), but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity. When I saw the screenshot I thought my dreams had come true - I thought you had switchable stompboxes in the feedback chain, but I realized quickly that it's all set. If you could assign different stomp boxes and experiment with the feedback loop this would have been a must-have. I would like to see frequency shifters (like Valhalla FreqEcho), pitch wobblers (tape echo) and of course a resonant multi-filter (Ohm Boyz).
That you left out a resonant filter is really beyond me! And you have to be able to set the distortion to pre/post filters. A crunchy analog delay is incredibly musical and would make this plugin a killer delay-toolbox.

Well, I bought it!! :D

What put me over the top is the multi channel ability, which means you can add your own plugins to the delay lines of your choice!! So if you need those pitch wobblers, frequency shifters, resonant multi filters, etc. you can add your own to the FX output! WAY COOL!! The only downside is you are limited to one FX out (two if you count the low pass but obviously this will only effect the low frequencies). I wonder if its possible code the plugin so it can have more FX outs? Like maybe have an "instrument" option where you can use it like an instrument, which would allow 16 stereo outs in logic? I mean NI codes their instruments like Absynth, Massive etc to be used as effects as well as instruments, so maybe its possible to do this in reverse? Would be great as Philleppe wouldn't have to put EVERY possible effect in EARebound, as the user could now use all his favorite reverbs, filters, distortion, etc on the delay lines of their choice!!

Just a thought. :)

Thanks for giving it a try, fceramic!
EARebound is a fresh product and it will evolve, for sure.
I want to keep it intuitive enough to use (adding too much options could turn the plug-in into a too much complex thing) but I will think about your suggestions. I like some of them, actually ;-)

Many thanks, Jon!
Technically, it is possible to add more outputs.
However, it will not be possible to get everything back in the "Global Delay" line once the other lines processed by third party effects.
That said, in such a situation, it should be possible to add an instance of EARebound (with only one delay line activated) which could then process all other lines (by using an aux return channel, for example).
Well... I'm not sure such an add-on would be easy to understand, though. Should I work on something like this in the future, I may create a separate build of the plug-in.
I will take the time to think about it.
Thanks again!

All the best,
P.

I've just been playing with the Demo for an hour or so I cant really give you any useful for feed back on issues or feature suggestions.

But what I can tell already is for someone like me who's not so good at percussion programming, this Delay is very good news :D

I had lots of success with the Random function and found it easy to change the things I wanted to change.

The 'Mix View' is an excellent addition. I haven't really played with the time line much at this point.

The presets for loops are good - I particularly like the Happy Claps and Back Shadow ones :)

Great job, i'm looking forward to playing with it some more.

My only question at this point it, are there more presets in the Full Version?
Fight Apathy or don't.

I used EARebound today on sources i wouldn't even normally use a delay on... with fantastic results. Love the inspiration!
Finally!

Many thanks for your kind messages!
My only question at this point it, are there more presets in the Full Version?
Presets are the same in the full version.
In the future, I may add some new ones, though (especially in the "Loop Enhancers" section) ;-)

For your information, v1.0.2 is currently being tested. If everything works as expected, I should release it soon after I'm back from vacation (I will be returning on the 29th of April but will still need some days to perform final extra tests).

Thanks again!
All the best,
Philippe

EARebound has been updated to v1.0.2 :wink:

New in this update:

- Solo Mode
Each line (except the "Global Delay") can be soloed for very specific tone shaping.

- More divisions
32th and 64th (+ triplet / dotted) divisions have been added to Modulation and Delay Time Division menus.
32th and 64th sequences are also available from the "Delay Time" menu ("Time Line" view).

- Global Edit modes ("Mix View" only)
By activating one of the two provided "Global Edit" modes, you can now change a same parameter across all delay lines (input and global delay settings are excluded from the global edit process).

- Updated manuals

All the best,
P.

EARebound just got its first award! :party:

You can read the full review in issue #192 of Computer Music magazine (which has been made available today from the Apple Newsstand)

Cheers!
P.

Return to “Effects”