looking for a good flanger vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Enjoy this one for free.

Azurite

Have fun :)

BERFAB wrote:Uhbik is great. Can't imagine having more precise control than this. You need to buy the whole Uhbiks pack to get it though. The rest of the pack is great too.

Metaflanger has a great sound.

I would also check out the Flanger in the Plug & Mix bundle currently on sale. $99 for the whole shebang. Some really great plugs in there. Complementing the Flanger are also a pretty cool Phaser and a couple of Chorus pedals.

Cheers
-B

the *sound* of the plug and mix one is there but it seriously needs an update... if they are not going to provide better sync options than one bar then please provide better control over the lfo hz! I mean it doesn't go low enough, has no typing input, nor fine slider control.

I can't see any use for the modulation plugins in that pack personally and are my biggest criticism of what i consider (and often say) to be a great pack of plugins.

Can't Enigma or MondoMod from Waves pretty much do the same thing as MetaFlanger?

I guess UberMod would also be a good option.
You are currently reading my signature.

enigma can do more phaser type stuff, it's a horrible, uber metallic effect that i have never ever used in anything. Mondmod is more for amplitude and pan from memory.

There's no reason at all to use them in place of meta flanger! Meta flanger has a delicious sounding flange, i just wish it had more conventional sync, and multiplications of.. it has very short sync times - i bar for a full cycled sweep is the slowest..

I really want stuff that goes to minimum 16 bars...

in this case they often have to be lower than the hz values can provide.. they need extra sync options..

32 or 64 is even better.

TheoM wrote:
BERFAB wrote:Uhbik is great. Can't imagine having more precise control than this. You need to buy the whole Uhbiks pack to get it though. The rest of the pack is great too.

I would also check out the Flanger in the Plug & Mix bundle currently on sale. $99 for the whole shebang. Some really great plugs in there. Complementing the Flanger are also a pretty cool Phaser and a couple of Chorus pedals.

Cheers
-B

the *sound* of the plug and mix one is there but it seriously needs an update... if they are not going to provide better sync options than one bar then please provide better control over the lfo hz! I mean it doesn't go low enough, has no typing input, nor fine slider control.

I can't see any use for the modulation plugins in that pack personally and are my biggest criticism of what i consider (and often say) to be a great pack of plugins.
I agree that the sound is definitely there, but I respectfully disagree about the usability of the P&M modulation plugs. I should say that I don't generally use flange effects. More commonly, I use chorus all the time and phase mostly on Rhodes/Whirly/tines stuff. The P&M Chorus is currently getting quite a workout on my projects, and aside from great sound, the experience in using it is very close to using an actual stomp pedal. Except of course you can instantly recall presets and settings.

If you need surgical intervention, then I agree with you that there are better options, and the Uhbiks F is about as precise as it gets. The whole Uhbiks line, actually, allows for very precise manipulation.

Enjoy

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

What type of flange sound are you going for? If you want the old MXR Jan Hammer / Frank Zappa / VanHalen lead sounds for synth or guitar for example, TAL Flanger will absolutely NAIL that for free. Even Uhbik cannot get that sound. I love Uhbik for it's silky smooth character and flexibility though.

I have become addicted to Ubermod. I use it more and more. I haven't tried it for flanging because I use TAL for my traditional flanged lead sounds, but if Dennis says it's good for flanging then I need to check that out! :)
Last edited by Gonga on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

IrionDaRonin wrote:Enjoy this one for free.

Azurite

Have fun :)
Cool plug. x64 definitely a plus. And Free!

But still a chorus unit, not really a flanger.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
TheoM wrote:

Cheers
-B

I agree that the sound is definitely there, but I respectfully disagree about the usability of the P&M modulation plugs. I should say that I don't generally use flange effects. More commonly, I use chorus all the time and phase mostly on Rhodes/Whirly/tines stuff. The P&M Chorus is currently getting quite a workout on my projects, and aside from great sound, the experience in using it is very close to using an actual stomp pedal. Except of course you can instantly recall presets and settings.

If you need surgical intervention, then I agree with you that there are better options, and the Uhbiks F is about as precise as it gets. The whole Uhbiks line, actually, allows for very precise manipulation.

Enjoy

-B
I shouldn't have included the chorus. And that was my mistake. I did mean the flanger and phaser.

That said, of course you are entitled to a differing opinion.

I certainly would not want to put anyone off these great tools, and have made my points clearly known with the P&M team.

Please don't think that i am against this set, that's the last thing i would ever want to portray, and i have posted tons o posts here and at gearslutz on what amazing value it is and how much i overall love the package. I do hope that didn't get lost in my personal feelings towards the *usability* (only because of limited lfo TIME control) of those two modulation plugins.

+1 melda mmflanger
and Ill second Melda Wobbler......it does so much more than filter wobbles, thats just the hook to sell it to the nouveau dubsters
Amazon: why not use an alternative

classic flanger, the old faithful flanger modeled after the boss flanger stomp box.

http://www.vst4you.com/pages/vst%20effe ... anger.html

:tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

djanthonyw wrote:I guess UberMod would also be a good option.
Good guess! It's an UberFlanger and so much more. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Gonga wrote:...VanHalen lead sounds for synth or guitar for example, TAL Flanger will absolutely NAIL that for free. Even Uhbik cannot get that sound. I love Uhbik for it's silky smooth character and flexibility though.
Sweet, I'll have to show that to my vh guitar buddy.

You may also want to give a try to our free Flanger plug-in.

Return to “Effects”