Three new modules & British Channel GUI update (edit) HERE NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Peter, how about some information on the new upcoming plugins to distract the masses ?
Trust me, I'd love to have a distraction of that magnitude but I have to wait on some things to be able to even HINT at it. :(

Oh well it was worth a try........... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rhythmtechnologies wrote: .. now where did i put that gui design i was working on :hihi:
Right here:
*ducks*

TheoM wrote:and no "being a customer rep on a forum" does not make someone a lower form of human. Can't you see that that's how what you wrote reads??? :?
just wanted to clear this up as it stuck out most to me.

my point was that in the role of a customer service rep on a forum, i felt it was uncalled for.

i certainly didnt mean that i shouldnt put up with it 'from a customer service rep' because they're subhuman!

my missus is customer service rep and despite having a tongue that could slice an apple in two, she's a lovely lady :hihi:
Last edited by rhythmtechnologies on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
rhythmtechnologies wrote: .. now where did i put that gui design i was working on :hihi:
Right here:
*ducks*
funny, now ive had a 'smoke' it doesnt look too bad... :love:

:hihi:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Right here
Peter ?! :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

C'mon I was baiting you with that GUI post... Clearly. Taaaaake the bait.... Since I can't talk about these wonderful possibilities we are working on to get into T-RackS

/clearly bad at distractions today :(

Edit - oh wait you did take the bait ;) Ha. Thank you.

Now you're just fanning the flames.....let it go.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/a-comp ... -ssl-style

Three SSL comps!

My Impressions:

My impression

1 - Fat kick, but it's not sitting in the right place. It's also not a deep thumping kick
2 - Clearer, more relaxed while maintaining better control and keeping the bass deep. Preserves your overall sound the best I think.
3 - Retaining the bass, but adding some distortion and much colouration. It's still good, but it's going to change your sound.

Dry, then comps 1, 2 & 3. All same settings
Attack .10
Release .1
Ratio 4
About 4-5 dB reduction

I did my best to level match of course.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Peter, is IK going to be the first to model the Distressor? Considering the popularity of this unit, and how often I see a model of it asked for, it's amazing that no one's done one yet.

Yet, who HASN'T already made an SSL? I mean I"m up to my virtual ears in SSL Buss Compressors. I say you guys go for the gold and try to be the first to get an accurate Distressor emulation out the door.

Oh, and I demand a Roland Jet Phaser model for Amplitube. You know, the phased out fuzz pedal behind the Who's That Lady? lead guitar part. Another one that I'm amazed we haven't seen yet.

Skorpius wrote:
Iva wrote:I don't like new vintage GUI of the British channel. I think the first GUI was much better, modern looking and very easy to use. i think Ik multimedia shouldn't has change it
Come on, folks! When the British Channel was first released, just about everyone told IK how much they hated that new GUI. Now, all of a sudden, you guys are complaining that you miss that old GUI? :ud:

This goes beyond my comprehension. I usually stick to complaints I once made.
But dude, it looked like a mid-90s rave flyer, isn't that awesome?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Peter, is IK going to be the first to model the Distressor? Considering the popularity of this unit, and how often I see a model of it asked for, it's amazing that no one's done one yet.

Yet, who HASN'T already made an SSL? I mean I"m up to my virtual ears in SSL Buss Compressors. I say you guys go for the gold and try to be the first to get an accurate Distressor emulation out the door.

Oh, and I demand a Roland Jet Phaser model for Amplitube. You know, the phased out fuzz pedal behind the Who's That Lady? lead guitar part. Another one that I'm amazed we haven't seen yet.
I've heard (but have no real experience with the Distressor) that Stillwell The Rocket sound very similar.

djshire wrote:
Skorpius wrote:
Iva wrote:I don't like new vintage GUI of the British channel. I think the first GUI was much better, modern looking and very easy to use. i think Ik multimedia shouldn't has change it
Come on, folks! When the British Channel was first released, just about everyone told IK how much they hated that new GUI. Now, all of a sudden, you guys are complaining that you miss that old GUI? :ud:

This goes beyond my comprehension. I usually stick to complaints I once made.
But dude, it looked like a mid-90s rave flyer, isn't that awesome?
Thats the way it goes man. We like options. Heck how about a neon yellow and pink version? Lets get really crazy.

IK redid my trial. Let me say well done on the White channel its just beautiful. It's very different from the Duende CS, I'd say it's far cleaner, but because of that it's also bigger sounding and less abrasive. It's also a little less characterful though because of that.

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

DuX wrote: I'd rather bring it up GUIless. That's why I'm always asking for GUIless plugins,
Cheers!
well you would love logic then. Honest.. ANY plugin can use the plain jane default AU gui.. just a plain backround with sliders.. just click on button in logic. done.

TheoM wrote:
DuX wrote: I'd rather bring it up GUIless. That's why I'm always asking for GUIless plugins,
Cheers!
well you would love logic then. Honest.. ANY plugin can use the plain jane default AU gui.. just a plain backround with sliders.. just click on button in logic. done.
Reaper offers this too.

Return to “Effects”