Three new modules & British Channel GUI update (edit) HERE NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:LOL ok tough guy. Report me. What is your issue? I called you out on an insult and you followed up with more. Well done, I hope you feel that much bigger now.

Vocal minority, actually. I have the actual data to back that up, because I do more than just post on forums to "do favors" for the bosses. Again, nothing is done without thought and you have not a clue because of lack if insight into that so I don't really blame you.

Again, I'm glad you feel awful tough there, big guy. Glad I could help with that. "You picked the wrong guy"... Oh jeez, you must be one of the ones that mods shut down on Gearslutz and even apologized for in PM. Different worlds, I suppose.
actually ive never commented on any IK threads on GS other than the horrendous gui one. so you're wrong there.

you can have all the data you like, still doesnt change the fact that people arent happy with anything other than the actual plugin quality.

and my issue is that you're a moody, jumped up customer service rep that had a go at me for making a joke. if you cant take a joke (that wasnt even aimed directly at you) then thats just another reason why its becoming glaringly obvious that you have no place being on the front lines in business.

from this exchange alone the only people that have lost out are IK. add me to the ever growing list of people that will now buy a competitors equally good products rather than IKs.

Respect given mutually. Thanks for the update. Passing information along where necessary (as always) regardless if delivered by a majority or minority, or with a fallacy that EVERYBODY thinks something :)

come on rhythm techno.. look at it from Pete's side. after dealing with all the aftermath of the gui bashing here, repeatedly, for pages, he obviously is a little sensitive about it. Especially now that IK have listened and made a gui that surely would appeal to *anybody*.. I mean, it's stunning, is it not?

I agree i am not entirely happy with the CS but the individual PLUGINS themselves are almost always good, and Pete one of the nicest reps i could think of.. if i had a company i certainly WOULD want him to be the forum face of it for sure, so i don't think IK are going to listen to you when you suggest they basically get rid of him.

He is HUMAN like all of us and NOT perfect.. TBH i think he finds the correct balance of shit taking and self defence... if i was put in his shoes, i can guarantee i would have blown up at some of the posts here a hundred times by now and DEFINITELY been fired :lol: Pete is a good rep.

Posted for balance.

Also, to remind folks, even though he's a company rep, he's a kvr member too. So while you can complain to him about IK (Sampletank3?), be nice. Kvr rule #2

ive no issue with the gui, if he'd bothered looking at my posts he may have seen that i was one of the first to say it looked great once it was overhauled.

ive never had any problems with the company but yet as soon as i make a joke (that was made in previous threads by others), i get it in the neck from him. ill not take that from anyone, let alone a customer service rep on a forum.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:ive no issue with the gui, if he'd bothered looking at my posts he may have seen that i was one of the first to say it looked great once it was overhauled.

ive never had any problems with the company but yet as soon as i make a joke (that was made in previous threads by others), i get it in the neck from him. ill not take that from anyone, let alone a customer service rep on a forum.
ok you've made your point, let it go, please

Eh, well I understand there was less balance as Theo defines as my usual M.O. this time over here so I apologize for that. I don't think either of us expected the reaction from either direction so it was clearly off-balance which is rife for escalation when communicating through words on a medium that can lead to cross-posting/timing issues at the very least and make full-blown misunderstandings likely to happen. Ready to call it a day and peace love and all that on this one, nothing's worth strong emotion except music, family/friends, and other NSFW endeavors, and so on so I'd happily leave it for those! :D

Sorry, rhythmtechnologies, for a lack of balance and misunderstanding based on that joke. Again, I don't either of us expected a reaction like happened, and it blew up from there. It happens, but if there were beer here (and you drank) I'd have a frosty one for you and hope you'd do the same.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:ive no issue with the gui, if he'd bothered looking at my posts he may have seen that i was one of the first to say it looked great once it was overhauled.

No.. it was the constant barrage of jokes and there is a line.. maybe try and see it from his point of view too? I happen to know he is a really nice person, why not try to see the good in him? I wish some people gave me that same courtesy, TBH. Don't focus on the bad.

FWIW, i would have been insulted at that too. You have to try and understand (well please) that the guy that did the original gui thought it was awesome, and the amount of insult he has over it, shit, come on, the guy may be really hurting inside! And Peter is a little sensitive about it, i think that's OK! he probably has a friend that has been emotionally distraught over the insults, you know!

PS Blue dad keeps on posting and you don't seem to be reading.. He is a mod here and one of the better ones and very fair..let's not get this topic locked.. and no "being a customer rep on a forum" does not make someone a lower form of human. Can't you see that that's how what you wrote reads??? :?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Eh, well I understand there was less balance as Theo defines as my usual M.O. this time over here so I apologize for that. I don't think either of us expected the reaction from either direction so it was clearly off-balance which is rife for escalation when communicating through words on a medium that can lead to cross-posting/timing issues at the very least and make full-blown misunderstandings likely to happen. Ready to call it a day and peace love and all that on this one, nothing's worth strong emotion except music, family/friends, and other NSFW endeavors, and so on so I'd happily leave it for those! :D

Sorry, rhythmtechnologies, for a lack of balance and misunderstanding based on that joke. Again, I don't either of us expected a reaction like happened, and it blew up from there. It happens, but if there were beer here (and you drank) I'd have a frosty one for you and hope you'd do the same.
I think you just proved what i wrote..

:tu:

good man.

bluedad wrote:(Sampletank3?)
2013!!! :D

it better be! :mad:

:tantrum:

:hihi:

So much quarrel over the GUI, and all I can think of is average sounding IK plugins. :( I wish you were all blind for "some" reason, and use your ears to judge plugins. It's ridiculous, don't you get it?

Would you ask TubeTech, George Massenburg, Manley, SSL or Neve to change the look of their racks because you don't like the "GUI"? You just go with what you get. If you don't like it, move on. You have plenty of other companies to buy from. I can personally point you to some companies who make great hippie looking GUIs that kill my eyes instantly. Just PM me. :D Anyway, GUI is the least of my problems with the most of them... unless it's really screwed with hippie looking colours. :D

Just for the record, I love hippies. I lov eall good people. Just not what's considered to be the hippie colours. I would also be weary of bringing up some stupid looking plugin in my studio when my customer is in. I'd rather bring it up GUIless. That's why I'm always asking for GUIless plugins, among other reasons, like unnecessary memory consumption. I don't like to hear "what is this plugin doing" from behind my shoulder, looking at the stupid looking plugin that actually sounds great, you know? I also don't want to be forced into using a poorly sounding plugin just because it looks good. It's insane!

Sound. This is a journey into a sound. Stereophonic, and in most cases monophonic, sound. :D That's what it's all about.

Cheers!
Last edited by DuX on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sorry, rhythmtechnologies, for a lack of balance and misunderstanding based on that joke. Again, I don't either of us expected a reaction like happened, and it blew up from there. It happens, but if there were beer here (and you drank) I'd have a frosty one for you and hope you'd do the same.
not a problem. ive had a herbal rememdy ;) so all is good here..

.. now where did i put that gui design i was working on :hihi:

DuX wrote: GUI is the least of my problems with the most of them... unless it's really screwed in hippie colours.
Which was the major point in the original GUI.....the Hippie Colours......... :hihi:

Ok enough.the GUI has been changed so let's move on. ...

Peter, how about some information on the new upcoming plugins to distract the masses ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bluedad wrote: ok you've made your point, let it go, please
just didnt wanna leave theo hanging :P

Return to “Effects”