Anyone else anticipating the new Cerberus Audio thingy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Surely a couple of dry and wet samples would shut us all up.
Baffled as to the complete refusal to do so.

Reading the description it makes me think of SKnote Grasso, another none compressor/EQ that belongs in the dynamics family.
Grasso is some kind of dynamic saturator with a transient dependent EQ added on.

This thing is described like nothing I've ever heard of before in audio processing. And yes, the refusal to put a loop of some kind through this thing that will give any indication whatsoever of what in the world it does is odd, if not suspicious.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

baconpriest wrote:Q: "Comb filter" may seem to imply that perhaps Epoch is a mangler, mulcher, stompbox?

A: No, Epoch is not a mangler. I hope that the product announcement is clear regarding that.
Yeah, not sure it is. My first thought seeing a complex comb filter was sound mangling, that's why I was surprised when the Flash ad on the site seemed just to be referring to mastering applications. That I am not interested in, I rarely master stuff, but am interested still if this can be used more as a creative effect, as Cerberus did say to me it was not just for mastering. I'm fine with not having demos yet but the trickle of minimal information is frustrating given there is a cutoff for the offer. Also tbh even Volt is not that well described, I'm not really very clear how I would use such a thing in practice.

I'm hoping Cerberus is learning that this is a good example of how not to do things in product marketing.

If you want to put a tease out and then refuse to elaborate on what you are actually offering, fine, but when you attach what COULD BE a very attractive, but very time limited sale offer to it, and then still refuse to elaborate further on what your product can do (not how it does it, you've explained that, but it just raises more questions) I'm sorry, that's just rude, particularly when you come back with rebuttals to people's questions that don't add up in terms of rationality.

I ask for an audio demo. You talk about the need for beta testing. I point out that your plug-in should be processing audio just fine on YOUR system (enough to render an audio demo file) before any beta period even starts, and you say it's hard to license audio to test. I point out that royalty-free loops are a dime a dozen, and some are even free, and you come back in my face with non sequiturs like "Have YOU ever tested a plug-in under OSX??" :?

I'm wondering by this time if this is a language barrier issue because you have responded so poorly to the specific and reasonable skeptical reactions people have had on this forum. If you had just said: "We are doing last minute refinements and aren't quite ready to post audio yet, but we will as soon as we can" then I never would have argued with you. I would have said "I hope it happens before the sale ends, but if it doesn't, that's the breaks. Best of luck in your development efforts."

Unfortunately, it didn't unfold like that and it is largely due to the tone and content of your response posts.

I started this thread seeking clear and direct information about this product, and I assumed that if the developer chose to participate, thy would work to provide that, or give a rational reason as to why they couldn't, in spite of putting out a pre-release offer for a commercial product that has very unclear capabilities. To be honest, I've been a bit shocked at what myself and the other people reading this thread have been given in terms of your input.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Pretty sad to see where all this is going... All people wanted is a bit more infos and demos, that's all :?

i cant even imagine how many sleepless nights and brooding days KVR has given developers over the years
miedex

I see this as a good deal if you are interested in buying volt. If not just wait until we can try the demo of the new product.
I'm interested in volt and I will try the demo to see if I like it. If that's the case I have nothing to loose if they give me the new plugin when it is ready.

Loving the 360 degree phase knob. This could be used for quite some interesting spacial effects. :love:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:Loving the 360 degree phase knob. This could be used for quite some interesting spacial effects. :love:
Does this differ to phase rotation in other plugins?
Is it equal across all frequencies for example?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

HunterKiller wrote:Loving the 360 degree phase knob. This could be used for quite some interesting spacial effects. :love:
thanks for your support in this thread. there's a new beta up for those who have licenses (same url as before).
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Does this differ to phase rotation in other plugins?
it's not an emulation of an analog phase rotator (such as the little labs ipb).
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Is it equal across all frequencies for example?
yes, linear at all settings (at a cost of higher latency and cpu consumption).
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

cerberus, just wanna chime in on the wonderful User Guide you guys have put together, under Section 8 Updates, are those two links in the correct order or should they be swapped around?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

good eye, hunterkiller. fixed now. our newest team member's efforts will show up there first. please stay tuned.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share some exciting news here at Cerberus Audio.
We're currently working hard on Epoch, since April we've implemented several new features that Epoch users and beta testers are currently taking advantage of - It bangs.

We've been exploring the use of Epoch as a gate, we've created a couple of videos of this being used in practise, which we've also shown to our users.

Epoch is scheduled to be released this month (July), so I'll update you with audio in the near future.

We'd like to thank TheoM, who reported a bug to us last week regarding Volt, which we fixed within 2 hours of receiving. Our users can now enjoy the new version of Volt.

Tasty little plug,having loads of fun... :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

cerberus wrote: Have you created any software or hardware yourself? Does it run on OSX and Windows? Does your software have many users? Will you be offering VST3 this time around? Do you fix your own bugs? Show us how you run your audio software business, please.
I think the issues AMGold brought up are valid and the above is _so_ not how you should talk to potential customers, that is if you want to turn potential customers into actual customers. Sorry. There's just about nothing more childish (or old) than the argument that any criticism is invalid because the person critisizing couldn't do a better job himself... *sigh*

My 2c to Cerberus Audio: learn some marketing 101 and forum behaviour from companies here like Voxengo, Slate Digital, Spectrasonics, Camel Audio etc. The people are so nice that I feel like throwing money at them just for that reason alone - and I have.

Hi Liero,

AM Troll has been golding us for a couple of years. We are very nice to our users, he just isn't one of them yet.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

Return to “Effects”