recommend me a reverb as good as valhalla

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly i think that open air (comes with studio one) is totally underrated.

And i have to agree with Theo, EAReverb is one of the best and sounding so natural.
Finally!

It all comes down to your personal preference, naturally (I never got on with Eos, for example), but Eareverb is definitely worth a listen. It's kind of an underdog and doesn't get talked about that much, but the sound is pristine, clear, can be huge as hell, slips easily into a mix, and has a very natural colour. I use it on acoustic instruments precisely because of its unobtrusive natural qualities.

Today I demoed the NI reverbs...but *in my ears* they're not even close to Valhallas. But yeah, personal preference it is.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valhallasound wrote:
bk wrote:If I had only $50 to spend on a reverb, it would be Valhalla Vintage Verb. It's insanely good for the price, and I suspect one of the reasons Lexicon lowered their prices drastically, IMHO.
Lexicon lowered their prices about a week before I released VintageVerb. I had kept VintageVerb pretty much on the "down low," with no pre-announcements, so I doubt that Lexicon had any idea I was going to release the plugin. I also had no idea that Lexicon was going to lower their prices until they announced it on the various forums. It certainly jacked up my stress level for the Vee3 release, which was already running fairly high.

Warp69 released the full version of LX480 around the same time frame, and Exponential Audio and Native Instruments released new reverbs within a few months of VintageVerb being released. I don't think that any of these were linked to each other, other than a bunch of companies doing similar market research during the same time frame. :lol: In my experience, it takes a long time to develop and tune these reverbs, so all of the above plugins were probably well underway at the start of 2012 (except for the Exponential Audio stuff, which would have probably started a little bit after Michael and Lexicon parted ways in early 2012).

Sean Costello
Yeah we saw you entering right at some weird reverb cycle, but with others I thought the Lex price drop was because of the 'low price threat'. But still looks like a one man show has a big impact on the whole business, nice. :tu:
TheoM wrote: Now finally, something rarely talked about for ages, and i guess some people don't even realise there is a mac 64 bit version as well as windows, and a complete excellent gui overhall, is magix varieverb.
Interesting. Is it a natural or coloring verb would you say? I could try the demo but asking first.

TheoM wrote:Now finally, something rarely talked about for ages, and i guess some people don't even realise there is a mac 64 bit version as well as windows, and a complete excellent gui overhall, is magix varieverb.

It is just *that* good, that the demo has completely floored me. It is possibly one of the silkiest natural reverb i have ever heard. However, i am not biting, cause i simply have enough covered. if i was starting again, or didn't have many reverbs, i would seriously look into varieverb, so would also like to give that my absolute thumbs up for anyone looking for a new verb.
Thanks for the heads up! :) I had no idea that this one even existed.. and, having just installed the 30-day demo, I agree with you completely (in its own way, probably as good as the LX480, imho).. but am in the same situation as yourself.. can't really justify getting yet another reverb for the time being.. but it's definitely on my "want" list ;).
(but, I have to say that ValhallaRoom and VVV still hold their own against it very well ;) )
Last edited by vic_france on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

All of the ValhallaDSP plugins are wonderful, and terrific value, but the reverb I use most of the time is Eventide 2016 Stereo Room.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

HcDoom wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:i don't know, but i assume definitely yes. for the same price, no way. reverb and delay are two effects that are entirely 'you get what you pay for' the more you pay, the better quality you get. theirs no good delay under 50 usd either. which would make sense seeing as how delay is so similar to reverb. there is, the diversion fx which has a killer verb for the 5 dollar asking price but its no longer available for those that didn't but the diversion fx cm mag when it was 'cm studio" there is the variety of sound epic verb which is no reverb slouch but its not on the same level as valhalla room but it is close. i never tried it, but i imagine 2c aether is much better then valhallaroom. that said, the cheap version of 2c which is breeze i tried it, and i think valhalla room even thought its 50 usd less is better then the 100 usd breeze but i cant really say as it was just a demo.
So many non sense in this post. :dog:
and how is that? go use toraverb then or buy a cheap delay if you think you can get something better under the 50 usd price tag. it doesn't exist and your just fooling yourself if you believe it does. true though, the vos plugins are great. but epic verb is not as good as valhallaroom. but like i said already, its no slouch either. nasty dla is a great delay though but its not as good as ubermod which takes me back to my first point, under 50 usd wont get you very much and if you want a coded vst then its even worse. in terms of freeware, theres, glaceverb, epicverb, maybe a few other ones but the bad reverbs greatly outweigh the good ones and, its the same for free delays. free eqs, compressors, are different. theres a lot of choice, 'good choice' and many are very comparable to what you would pay money for. thats what ive noticed anyway your free to have a different opinion.

Here's one that I don't think anyone else has mentioned.

Acoustica's Pro Studio Reverb. It's not sold separately; it's bundled with the $149 DAW from Acoustica, "Mixcraft Pro Studio 6."

Very, very good algorithmic reverb. I would also like to see it sold independent from the DAW.

While I'm mentioning Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, it's interesting to take note of the Acoustica "Pro 31 band Graphic EQ" and a truckload of G-Sonique plug-ins. The collection of MemoryMoon VA synths, Lounge Lizard Session, and iZotope mastering Essentials.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

valhallasound wrote:
bk wrote:If I had only $50 to spend on a reverb, it would be Valhalla Vintage Verb. It's insanely good for the price, and I suspect one of the reasons Lexicon lowered their prices drastically, IMHO.
Lexicon lowered their prices about a week before I released VintageVerb. I had kept VintageVerb pretty much on the "down low," with no pre-announcements, so I doubt that Lexicon had any idea I was going to release the plugin.
That may be, but my story sounds better! :wink:

VSL Hybrid Reverb. Not available by itself however.

Honestly the Valhalla verbs are the best sounding ,value for money plugins on the market
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

V'ger wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Lexicon lowered their prices about a week before I released VintageVerb. I had kept VintageVerb pretty much on the "down low," with no pre-announcements, so I doubt that Lexicon had any idea I was going to release the plugin. I also had no idea that Lexicon was going to lower their prices until they announced it on the various forums. It certainly jacked up my stress level for the Vee3 release, which was already running fairly high.

Warp69 released the full version of LX480 around the same time frame, and Exponential Audio and Native Instruments released new reverbs within a few months of VintageVerb being released. I don't think that any of these were linked to each other, other than a bunch of companies doing similar market research during the same time frame. :lol: In my experience, it takes a long time to develop and tune these reverbs, so all of the above plugins were probably well underway at the start of 2012 (except for the Exponential Audio stuff, which would have probably started a little bit after Michael and Lexicon parted ways in early 2012).

Sean Costello
Yeah we saw you entering right at some weird reverb cycle, but with others I thought the Lex price drop was because of the 'low price threat'. But still looks like a one man show has a big impact on the whole business, nice. :tu:
TheoM wrote: Now finally, something rarely talked about for ages, and i guess some people don't even realise there is a mac 64 bit version as well as windows, and a complete excellent gui overhall, is magix varieverb.
Interesting. Is it a natural or coloring verb would you say? I could try the demo but asking first.
it's definitely on the more natural side. I need to extend my demo period (they give you an option for 30 days if you register) as the initial 5 days or so ran out, and check out all the different modes of which it has plenty.. i kind of just got lost in the first 2 algos !

i always praised it but it was an unstable POS in Sacha's days at Magix. it's all been cleaned up and i can finally recommend it wholeheartedly. Note, Sacha did the algorithms so besides the fact that for some reason for years it never got a single update and suddenly it has, (who knows what really went on there), i have to give him kudos for it. This is a very expensive sounding, very advanced reverb and i think the 199 usd tag is completely justified. And TBH, i would choose it over phoenix for that price for sure.

I am doing a post soon that i have been constructing for a while covering all the magix effects, as it kind of includes mini reviews for each one and pros and cons, and i was hoping to get it done in time for the sale but i missed it.. they had all the effects on sale for $475 till April 15, which is alot of money but basically gave the user light on effects a complete package from a-z. They magix stuff is absolutely superb basically. The pricing structure is vey strange though which i will describe in my upcoming topic.. they need to sell individuals. Variverb is the only one you can buy on it's own for 199 but since they don't seem adverse to sales i wouldn't be surprised if they had a half price sale for 99 at some point, as the 475 sale was 50% on the lot, they might do individual packages here and there for 50%. I am, sending them an email encouraging them to do so. Others please feel free to do the same if you'd like to see that. Oh, for $99 i WOULD buy it even with all the reverbs i have. That puts it into impulse territory for me.

Also don't forget overloud do bi annual 40% sales and even more. I got breverb for just over $100, and it is worth every cent of that if someone is looking into it, patience will definitely net you a killer price.

AstralExistence wrote:ohh, you so like shimmer the best? thats different story. in my opinion, the free reflex vst http://www.stw-audio.com/products/reflex-free/ is better then valhalla shimmer. of all the reverbs ive tried, the size of reverbs it can create are insanely huge. i think in terms of deep huge space reverbs, not even valhalla room/shimmer can be as large as reflex. its synthmaker, but so what. imo, if you want huge cave like reverbs, reflex is the best and its free. im not sure how many people actually know about reflex, but its an awesome tool for adding ambience.
Thanks for the heads up on this one - have never heard of it before but it sure helps to add erm... shimmer(!) to synth lines.

zentatonic wrote:ArtsAcoustic and Exponential Audio verbs are worth a shot. I have all of the Valhalla verbs, and still my go-to's are the Phoenix and AA verbs.

And as mentioned the 2C Audio stuff is awesome.
"best" has no meaning intrinsequely for me, thus ....

Exponential Audio reverbs are awsome. And Aether is definitely different. Lexicon is also over the top and Lx480 touches the sky.

The the Ni reverbs are very good also.

I only use Exp Audio, Aether and sometimes AAR these days ( as algoruthmic reverbs ). Perfectly match my expectations regarding no compromise quality reverbs.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I demoed a number of reverbs today, including Breeze, which was touted to be light on CPU, and actually took a bigger hit than the AAR reverb did. VVV sounded really nice, but the winner for CPU turned out to be the Max for Live Convolution Reverb Pro. It's not quite as nice as the algorithmic AAR or VVV, but ultimately? It's already paid for. ;)

I'm hoping Fabfilter makes an algorithmic reverb one day as I'm a huge fan of their products, but until then, what I already have is fine.

Return to “Effects”