Finally found a replacement for Kjaerhus Gate (EAReckon)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:borg:
Last edited by contrary on Sun May 19, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

True KVR style that a troll destroys a thread that was only ment to help people searching a replacement for a deleted plugin...

sad.

Ouch!

My fault, indeed.
I will update the pictures as soon as possible everywhere I can :oops:

Here is a more recent one:

... and for those who missed the information, PR-EQUA87 now have on-screen EQ tips:

Finally, even CS-STRIP87 has changed:

Shame on me :-o
Hopefully, the plug-ins themselves are updated far more often than the website ;-)

Thanks for pointing this out!

well my official request is MIDI control for on / off gating
This one is on my todo list ;-)
However, I have to think about the best way to implement it so it can appear in all currently available formats.
I may work on a specific binary...
I will keep you posted.

Thanks again, Theo!

... and of course, many thanks Rasmusklump for creating this thread!

rasmusklump wrote:True KVR style that a troll destroys a thread that was only ment to help people searching a replacement for a deleted plugin...

sad.
Let me try to help get this thread back on track by echoing your first post. I too was having trouble recently with trying to gate out background noise from a vocal track. My usual tools, including various Waves plugins, were leaving a slight artifact (soft thump when the gate opened) at a noticeable spot, and try as I might, I couldn't get rid of it.

A few days later, I decided to download eaReckon's free bundle, which included a gate plugin. I tried it on the same track. To my amazement, this gate worked brilliantly, leaving no artifacts whatsoever. The "free" part was icing on the cake. It's now my go-to gate plugin for vox.

Note: I have no affiliation with eaReckon, just a happy customer.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

The KVR pic is already updated, so it was easy to confirm. But yes, the website was outdated.

Regardless, now that we know it DOES have a range knob......
My host is better than your host

Hey PFozz, is the signal flow fixed in your channel strip ? Or is it possible to put the EQ before the dynamic section, and vice versa ?

I'm always interested in a nice CS, especially if the gate section sounds good ;)

Cheers !

PFozz wrote:
well my official request is MIDI control for on / off gating
This one is on my todo list ;-)
However, I have to think about the best way to implement it so it can appear in all currently available formats.
I may work on a specific binary...
I will keep you posted.

Thanks again, Theo!
awesome. you give it an instrument input from my understanding Philipe. In vst the host then sees it as a mid controllable effect and the user assigns a midi channel with the output to "SD GAte" for example. In logic it would show up under logic's "midi controlled fx" list.

Also please notice my point about the knobs and range.. it affects the entire analog series Peter and every knob.. from a knob being fully counter clockwise to the first active setting, the jump is huge and there are still tons of setting available between the closed position and the first "jump" which are not accessible with the mouse.

it gives me some problems wit the gate attack and release times for example, and the limiter specifically.

To my amazement, this gate worked brilliantly, leaving no artifacts whatsoever
Thanks Eddie! I'm very happy to know that the FREE87 is useful in the context of your projects.
FR-GATE87 has a limited set of controls but it features the same algorithms than SD-GATE87.
For example, there is only one Threshold knob in the free version but there are two internal threshold values (acting as an "hysterisis" thingy).
Hey PFozz, is the signal flow fixed in your channel strip ?
Currently it is fixed.
Adding an option to change the signal flow is also written on my "ANALOG87 Todo List".
Please feel free to tell me which kind of signal flow you would like to get before the option is implemented ;-)
I would be very happy to get your thoughts about it.
In logic it would show up under logic's "midi controlled fx" list.
This is why I'm hesitating between updating the plug-in or creating a specific binary.
I want to be sure that changing the type of plug-in won't break any project, etc...
from a knob being fully counter clockwise to the first active setting, the jump is huge and there are still tons of setting available between the closed position and the first "jump" which are not accessible with the mouse
I'm not sure it will help but you should have the possibilty to fine-tune parameters by holding the 'Shift' key before (and during) mouse actions.

no that;'s the thing, the shift doesn't help at all. I STILL haven't slept tonight, as i was drifting off, some hooligans in my quiet street started swearing and fighting for two hours at 3 am , sigh, so i am very tired. I called the police and what do you know, by the time they came, the hooligans had moved on and the police looked at me as if i was crazy :lol:

But i WILL make a video for you tomorrow Philipe,. and post the link to see if i am alone with the issue, and at least you'll have a perfect understanding then. Cool?

Hey PFozz, is the signal flow fixed in your channel strip ?
Currently it is fixed.
Adding an option to change the signal flow is also written on my "ANALOG87 Todo List".
Please feel free to tell me which kind of signal flow you would like to get before the option is implemented ;-)
I would be very happy to get your thoughts about it.
I'm quite used to Duende's CS, which is quite customizable in its signal flow. It's pretty flexible, and the way it's implemented is pretty intuitive, so you can try different routings/internal side chain in a couple of clicks.

However, most of the time, it goes :

1 LPF/HPF
2 EQ
3 comp : if any, I almost never compress individual track as I'm quite found of buss compression)
4 gate/expander

et voilà ! :)

But i WILL make a video for you tomorrow Philipe,. and post the link to see if i am alone with the issue, and at least you'll have a perfect understanding then. Cool?
Sure! Thanks Theo.
Looking forward to watching the video.
However, most of the time, it goes :

1 LPF/HPF
2 EQ
3 comp : if any, I almost never compress individual track as I'm quite found of buss compression)
4 gate/expander
It makes perfect sense. Thanks for your suggestion!

rasmusklump wrote:...

If you are in search of a really great gate you should test the EAReckon gate out. You won't be disapointed.

Cheers
Alex
Thank you Alex for the tip.

I will definitely check it out and leave some feedback here. I have to say that I don't use gates the traditional way because I don't work with audio stems. I use them more as an "envelope driven amplitude shaper" for my midi stuff.

Just curious but did you try the gate from Bootsies PreFix? Before I worked with it a gate was a gate for me. Every gate sounded and felt the same. But after playing around with PreFix for the first time I was utterly stunned by it's feeling and it's sound.

So if you haven't tried it out please give it a try. It's really an exceptional gate.

@ PFozz: I took a closer look at your CS because I am looking for one and this one looks pretty interesting because of it's features and the low price. (big fan of CS here :) ). And because you asked for routing options mine would look like the following (SSL style I think):

Standard signal path: Input (gaintrim+phase inv) -> Dynamics (comp with auto makeup gain+gate/expander) -> EQ (LC+HC+4 band EQ) -> Fader

Optional signal path: Dyn Post EQ (Dynamics and EQ switched)

Cheers,
Sebastian

Many thanks, Sebastian!
I will keep this signal path option in mind ;-)

By the way, screenshots of the ANALOG87 Series (on the eaReckon website) have been updated this morning.

Return to “Effects”