Voxengo SPAN 2.6 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:love: Thank you, Aleksey, for this great analyzer - it's really a pretty tool!
Sometimes it is necessary to *see* the frequency that causes problems -
and voxengo span is very suitable to enable this visualisation.
BTW a ZIP would be even better. But you can open the setup.exe with universal extractor.

Greetings, enroe.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Is it possible to use SPAN in A-weighted mode(s)?

What about the EBU R128 standard?
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

Tubeman wrote:Is it possible to use SPAN in A-weighted mode(s)?

Use SPAN on a seperate mixer track and send to it with the appropriate filter before SPAN.

camsr wrote:

Use SPAN on a seperate mixer track and send to it with the appropriate filter before SPAN.
How do you make a filter for EBU R128?

Tubeman wrote:
camsr wrote:

It's difficult, but if you buy the documents that define EBU R128, you could implement one. This post has some vague idea http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350474

I don't think you have to buy the documents, even though I guess it must not be easy at all to deal with them :)

http://tech.ebu.ch/loudness

- Mario

I tried to install Span on my Mac (os 10.6.8 ) but the installation isn't succesful.
My components folder only shows an old version of Span (from 2011), which never worked.
(it doesn't appear in the Audio Unit Manager of Logic).

camsr wrote:
Tubeman wrote:
camsr wrote:

It's difficult, but if you buy the documents that define EBU R128, you could implement one. This post has some vague idea http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350474
I was just asking about it because it seems to be the future standard for loudness metering and EBU page mentions over 60 manufacturers supporting it already. SPAN also has various K-meter modes so it would be logical to have a standard metering mode also...

The EBU R128 specs and documentation are freely viewable on EBU website mabian linked.

Arrested Developer wrote:I tried to install Span on my Mac (os 10.6.8 ) but the installation isn't succesful.
My components folder only shows an old version of Span (from 2011), which never worked.
What kind of error do you get? SPAN won't work on PowerPC Macs, that's the only usual reason for SPAN not loading in Logic.

I personally doubt EBU R128 or similar standards have any practical use in the field of commercial music production. Even K-metering, which is a direct competitor to EBU metering, can be too limiting for a contemporary music producer. The loudness is everything, and this won't probably change ever.

I do not see how EBU metering is superior to K-metering. EBU having just a single level meter reference mark is less flexible than K-metering.

(I'm not talking about spectral weighting for loudness measurement here)

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Arrested Developer wrote:I tried to install Span on my Mac (os 10.6.8 ) but the installation isn't succesful.
What kind of error do you get? SPAN won't work on PowerPC Macs, that's the only usual reason for SPAN not loading in Logic.
The installer says "installation succesful" without having installed anything.
My mac is a 2 GHz Intel core i7

Yeah, loudness is everything, all we need really is a square wave meter. :lol:

I've heard of amplifiers that have a volume control which can be used to adjust the loudness. I don't know if that's true though...

Tubeman wrote:Yeah, loudness is everything, all we need really is a square wave meter. :lol:
It's hard to argue with the fact most producers try to get the loudest track possible. It's a reality which can hardly be changed by level metering standards.

Arrested Developer wrote:The installer says "installation succesful" without having installed anything.
My mac is a 2 GHz Intel core i7
So, you do not see the "SPAN.component" in the Components folder?

The installer also installs user guides to the /Library/Documentation/Voxengo folder - is it empty as well?

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: So, you do not see the "SPAN.component" in the Components folder?

The installer also installs user guides to the /Library/Documetation/Voxengo folder - is it empty as well?

Hi Aleksey,

as i found out, the problem was the installed older version of the span component, which wasn't replaced.
After i deleted the old component, the installation worked correctly!
(documentation also is installed, this already worked before)

:)

Return to “Effects”