Voxengo SPAN 2.6 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tubeman, I usually act to my customers in a polite way. This topic has evolved into something totally different to "customer relations", with your involvement it basically became a public critique of my unwillingness to implement a questionable feature. I do my best to explain why I'm against such feature. It's not a personal attack, I hope you understand this.

.. and it's an attitude I personally admire extremely much! You are straight to the point and forward but never directly rude. Wording can be a bit "harsh" sometimes but at least it's honest and down to earth. I much prefer that than the sugar coated sales-man fake-smile-> "I understand and appreciate your suggestion" (while he thinks: "never going to implement that!" without explaining anything).

Keep up the great attitude! :tu:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Tubeman, I usually act to my customers in a polite way. This topic has evolved into something totally different to "customer relations", with your involvement it basically became a public critique of my unwillingness to implement a questionable feature. I do my best to explain why I'm against such feature. It's not a personal attack, I hope you understand this.
Actually you totally ignored my first question, which had in my opinion nothing to do with critique. Then you just came off as an elitist jerk who could care less about what people think. You totally dismissed both questions as invalid. No offense but maybe you should stay in programming and leave the customer service to someone else.

Bmaniac, I think simple "no" would have been enough. No need to start ridiculing people just because you don't need the feature. -1 customer.
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

Tubeman you are a whiny little nagger. now stfu because i'm not interested in your blubberling any longer.

i want to point out that in no way you speak for other people (me in this case) than yourself.

a happy voxengo customer.

ps. sure you understand this better then alexey's answer.

Tubeman wrote: Bmaniac, I think simple "no" would have been enough. No need to start ridiculing people just because you don't need the feature. -1 customer.
Seriously? Dude you are living in some weird fantasy world where you are the center of it all.

Have you even read your own comments and the replies from Aleksey? How on earth can you somehow take it all so personally? I read absolutely NOTHING dismissive or impolite in his words. He didn't ridicule you in any way.. how on earth you got that idea I have absolutely no idea.

Instead Aleksey gave us all a very precise and thorough answer as to why he doesn't think R128 or A weighting has any real usefulness in a meter like SPAN and even gave you a link to another plugin that does it.. and you yourself know about the Toneboosters plugin, which is awesome btw and costs peanuts, so why don't you just buy that one? There's nothing wrong with using the right tool for the job and Aleksey has maintained that in this case it is not SPAN (which is a spectrum analyzer at it's heart and always has been!).

Seriously.. you need to learn to read instead of "reading into" stuff that isn't even there. :roll:

- bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:
Tubeman wrote: Bmaniac, I think simple "no" would have been enough. No need to start ridiculing people just because you don't need the feature. -1 customer.
Seriously? Dude you are living in some weird fantasy world where you are the center of it all.

Have you even read your own comments and the replies from Aleksey? How on earth can you somehow take it all so personally? I read absolutely NOTHING dismissive or impolite in his words. He didn't ridicule you in any way.. how on earth you got that idea I have absolutely no idea.

Instead Aleksey gave us all a very precise and thorough answer as to why he doesn't think R128 or A weighting has any real usefulness in a meter like SPAN and even gave you a link to another plugin that does it.. and you yourself know about the Toneboosters plugin, which is awesome btw and costs peanuts, so why don't you just buy that one? There's nothing wrong with using the right tool for the job and Aleksey has maintained that in this case it is not SPAN (which is a spectrum analyzer at it's heart and always has been!).

Seriously.. you need to learn to read instead of "reading into" stuff that isn't even there. :roll:

- bManic
The guy is a tool and deliberately causes problems, He has been at it on an unrelated thread/topic. Mate I wouldn't give the person the time of day as it'll go on and on why he is right and will never see it from another point of view.

I firmly believe you have summed up the delusions of the tubeman in your first sentence/question above or put another way using the sample at the start of Guns and Roses track 'Civil War' "What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach..."

All the best as always Nik and thanks for the top notch tools Aleksey. Good dude's time here is really much better spent on genuine, Non trouble making and non-whining fellow dude's

Just my very humble honest opinion and 2 pence FWIW :)

Dean

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
mabian wrote:Are you sure EBU R-128 is being applied to the TV channels you're watching? :)
Of course, I'm not sure of that. But I'm sure TV channels use tech developed by one of those "60 companies that support EBU R-128". Which means this standard controls close to nothing.
Sorry to bump this again but just wanted to say that it's actually 69 supporters according to: http://tech.ebu.ch/Jahia/site/tech/cach ... C4A.jahia1

There are some big names like Adobe, Dolby, RME, TC Electronic, Waves...

Image I am so gutted that my very humble and old FFT analyser will never support EBU R-128. It is now rendered totally useless

and there I was thinking for all these years that despite the old CRT display which isn't exactly pretty to look at nor spacious it has without exception come in so useful time and time again for the tasks/functions it was designed for and the features it will always have.

I was on the brink of hammering off some useless complaint letters and e-mails and so on, So forth.

Then the revelation...If I NEEDED a loudness meter then perhaps I ought to buy a loudness meter!

Tubeman wrote:Yeah, loudness is everything, all we need really is a square wave meter. :lol:

I've heard of amplifiers that have a volume control which can be used to adjust the loudness. I don't know if that's true though...
WHAT? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? :o :hihi:

Pity you don't seem to appreciate what is offered for free.

K-Meter is great, I use it when I want dynamics. Unfortunately my stuff always sounds weak compared to other stuff... but I don't really mind that.

SPAN - thank you VOXENGO for one of the best tools around.
Also - GlissEQ is my #1 go to. It's pretty much the only plugin that shows up in everything I do.

SPAN is the real deal for spectrum analysis. Although I also do feel it lacks in metering. But it's not really a big concern with the newer versions, simply because it can be turned off to save screen space.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Image I am so gutted that my very humble and old FFT analyser will never support EBU R-128. It is now rendered totally useless

and there I was thinking for all these years that despite the old CRT display which isn't exactly pretty to look at nor spacious it has without exception come in so useful time and time again for the tasks/functions it was designed for and the features it will always have.

I was on the brink of hammering off some useless complaint letters and e-mails and so on, So forth.

Then the revelation...If I NEEDED a loudness meter then perhaps I ought to buy a loudness meter!
If you didn't notice already SPAN actually IS also a loudness meter as it has a historic RMS reading. Or loudness in digital space. That is its main function to me as I can check frequency balance with ReaEQ.

It is not true that I don't appreciate what is offered for free. I was asking in friendly tone if there was an EBU or A-weighted options and instead of simply answering 'no' I got a lecture about what is important and what is not and had an offer to get plugins from Waves. Mind you I refuse to touch anything from Waves. :)

Return to “Effects”