Voxengo SPAN 2.6 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

great update, the 1/9 and 1/12 settings are just what i've been wanting! still smooth, but with a bit more detail!

Portability question: once the plugin has been installed, can the DLLs be just copied on other systems or are there other dependencies (registry, other folders etc.) needed by the plugins?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote:Portability question: once the plugin has been installed, can the DLLs be just copied on other systems or are there other dependencies (registry, other folders etc.) needed by the plugins?

Thanks,
Mario
I have Span in my portable VST plugins folder, the DLL can simply be copied :)

Cheers
Dennis

Sure, the DLL can be moved around freely.

Thank you very much :)

Downloaded! Thanks! :)
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

Can the DLL be extracted from the installer using a ZIP reader like 7Zip or Bandizip ?
Is there any way to provide both a ZIP and an EXE, as several developers still do ?

sinkmusic wrote:Can the DLL be extracted from the installer using a ZIP reader like 7Zip or Bandizip ?
Is there any way to provide both a ZIP and an EXE, as several developers still do ?
Answer 1 seems not, the installer is packed with Inno Setup, 7zip opens it but doesn't seem to allow access to single files.

About availability of plain DLL, a big +1 from me indeed :)

- Mario

I've just posted an updated Windows installer.

I'm not that much interested in offering ZIP archive anymore, because nowadays a "signed" setup file is preferred. Also while those who want ZIP can "live" with EXE installer, users that dislike ZIP (28% of users do) probably won't install ZIPped plug-in.

Let me know if you have any issues with the installer, like error even if providing a correct installation path.

I have a few questions on the FFT if someone cares to answer :D.

First off I don't really understand why the frequency bin is defined as samplerate/the block size. So if both are for example 1024 you get the "bins" at 1hz and multiples thereof. So basically one FULL wavelength and multiples of thereof can be defined in the sample. It's logical that a sample that is 1sec long can at maximum represent sinewave that is one second long (and multiples of thereof since only those can be periodic). But I don't really understand why can't you still represent a wave that is twice that length (IE. 0.5hz and multiples) as that would still periodic. So to me it would seem that the equation should be half of what it is, kind of similar logic to nyquist being half of sample rate. 1 sec sample should be able to represent 2 second sine. Why am I wrong?

I have also read that the noise floor should drop as you increase the FFT size. That doesn't happen with voxengo, why is that?

Thanks, oh and the installer plus the plug worked beautifully for me and hassle free.

One thing I noticed is that the installer tries to put the 64 bit version into the x84 folder, then when I direct it into the right folder it still puts all the documentation into the (x84) program files folder.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Let me know if you have any issues with the installer, like error even if providing a correct installation path.
Just uninstalled SPAN because it put files in two separate places and I am a neat freak with my folders (I have to be with all that's on there).
I liked old way with everything in VST folder.

I prefer zip package...why changing?
Give us a choice please.

+1 for Zip, i haven't updated SPAN because i wouldn't want that an installer messes up my folders or add various stuff at various places of my HD without wanting to know (i know that DLL can add things to the registry and stuff, but still, a zip will never install folders and sub-folders in my VST folder).
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:users that dislike ZIP (28% of users do)
Does that mean that 72% of users like Zip :?: :lol:

(Anyway, sorry for focusing only on the installer vs zip thing, and thank you for the update of a great plugin !)

Return to “Effects”