u-he Satin or Slate VTM?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Satin Virtual Tape Machines (VTM)

Bah, I prefer HECKMANN AUDIO GMBH!
Urs wrote:And just today we got a neat screenshot of a melting user interface, so any changes to copy protection are a no-no here ;)
Are you saying some of your beta testers leaked the plugin?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Bah, I prefer HECKMANN AUDIO GMBH!
Urs wrote:And just today we got a neat screenshot of a melting user interface, so any changes to copy protection are a no-no here ;)
No, hehe, it was a screenshot from Zebra.

Howard wrote:It's "Urs", not "URS".
Sorry about that, HawurD.

And my apologies to Urs. :)

Nice to know what Urs himself prefers, i will call him u-he from now on. Also my apologies.

To flugel also my apologies, i was not trying to be insulting, demeaning or confrontational in any way whatsoever.

FWIW unless the audio gain is set, satson really doesn't do much IMO, and i am not really a fan of the distortion when driven, but that's just again imo as i know many love it.

Urs wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:Bah, I prefer HECKMANN AUDIO GMBH!
No, hehe, it was a screenshot from Zebra.
Out of curiosity, what do you say / how do you reply to these people?

TheoM wrote:Nice to know what Urs himself prefers, i will call him u-he from now on.
Well, he's still Urs, the company is U-he. :wink:

He just said he prefers u-he.

TheoM wrote:He just said he prefers u-he.
Right then... we can move on to our next new topic :

"Urs or u-He" :hihi:

I heard the U-HE Satin plugin at last year's Music MESSE in Frankfurt and even back then I thought it sounded great (listened on phones). I'm very excited to try it. Our VTM plugin models two very nice machines but I've heard a lot of unique sounding tape decks and we can't model all of them. So I look forward to companies like U-HE offering us more options.

Cheers,
Steven

kudos to the slate appearance. competition makes everyone winners!

donato wrote:kudos to the slate appearance. competition makes everyone winners!
+1
Steven is a nice guy with great products. And like u-he, he frequently appears in public forums. Much appreciated!

Slate wrote:I heard the U-HE Satin plugin at last year's Music MESSE in Frankfurt and even back then I thought it sounded great (listened on phones).
Haha, I can imagine you're also feeling time flies by too fast... but it was in fact *this* year :D
[Crazy, we had booths next door but were all too busy to have a break and talk more.]
Slate wrote:So I look forward to companies like U-HE offering us more options.
Appreciated. Talking Boolean, I'd say OR, rather than XOR :)

We all learn from each other, and that makes it better for everybody.
And, since we're doing music software and not military (and many of us know each other in this small business field), I still find people playing hardball competition alienating. In fact, many users assume rough manners between us devs, but, overall, I've experienced quite the contrary, and that is one of the reasons I still feel comfortable in this game. :)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

paterpeter wrote:
+1
Steven is a nice guy with great products. And like u-he, he frequently appears in public forums. Much appreciated!
+2! And he would be even nicer if he would finally dump Pace and iLok. Maybe even take a look at the U-He CP system? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
+1
+2! And he would be even nicer if he would finally dump Pace and iLok. Maybe even take a look at the U-He CP system? ;-)

/Joachim
+3 :D

Well, I guess that one day I have both Slate VTM and Satin. Now I just have to demo Satin and decide which one to buy first 'cos I can't afford both.

I'd love to demo VTM but I don't want to buy iLok for that purpose. I wish they had demo version that functions without iLok.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

If you're in a financial pinch right now, Satin is a better thing to get because of the introduction price.

Return to “Effects”