TSE X50 2.0 (built-in TS, preamp/power amp,IR loader)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TSE X50

+1 on wah pedals. Right now I have open either AT or TH2 to use wah for things. I'd love one of these companies to come up with a good wah. I'll pay.

I guess the main issue is that it must be controllable via midi.

onqel wrote:I made this video to show how this software works in action now in it's beta-state.. not the best mix unfortunately, but this is just for demonstration purposes so far for those who are still curious :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqDDpXcBWIo
Classic In Flames is always good to hear, Actually I prefer your demo version tbh - It is much more clear than the original/whoracle album to my ears at least. It shows/demonstrates the plug-in well for me any way and if you say it is not the best of mixes then even better as it should then be capable of sounding even more killer, I just think you are being humble like usual. I'm really looking forwards to this :tu: and again cool demo

Best your way and to all as always :)

Dean

Definitely a +1 on a good WAH pedal.

Hate that thing in Line6's PodFarm - stilla b*tch to control with external gear (though it did change for the better in the last 5 years, since PODfarm took over for GearBox).

And please keep outsourced plugins (read: more recent versions) - Suites are really not great if you want to mix and match (like a lot of people do).

Else, excellent work, onqel. Love your BassDriver clone, love your TubeScreamer clone, love your Peavy head amp. Can't live without the stomps anymore. Your concept is interesting. But it makes matching gear unnecessarily difficult.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yeah, the wah in vandal for example is pretty dreadful. TH2 and IK have good wahs but it's a tad hostile to use them in a chain if you are using the product we're discussing here.

It's not horrible, but it's a bit of a pita. Would love to see a good wah (just do a crybaby, don't make it crazy/sweep frenzy or anything like that) Maybe a couple of CB emus.....

Or throw them all together and create a customizable design. I think that's more versatile than a pure emulation alone.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Maybe, but I find that the cry baby is usually the only one that is worth a damn. Just my humble of course, but when you start trying to emu all those heavy sweeping ones they just usually don't sound very good.

But hey, I'm all for versatility, like having a ZW version of a CB :D

If it were just one then I'd make a case for either the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q or Cry Baby DB-01 CFH as either would cover pretty much any wah sound a person could want/need whilst still being very easy to use. The control via MIDI being the main thing that could make or break it.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/535q-c ... -multi-wah
or
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/db01-d ... nature-wah
Although I do really like the Morley GLW2 Dragon II George Lynch Wah too :)

There you have it then!

maybe we could all chip in and buy a dunlop cry baby for onqel to model :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Compyfox wrote:A major turn off for me is the "all in one suite" thing yet again.

I like to mix and match, not go by suites!
Therefore I hope that this is:
a) low on CPU
b) I can turn off whatever I do not(!) need
c) that the individual plugins will still see maintenance updates

and if it's a suite
d) hope fully better impedance interaction between stomps, heads, cabinets and rack FX

I hate suites - but everyone wants to have everything handled "within one plugin". Why?

So far Line6 is the only clever company that offers a suite, but makes it possible to still load each stomp or module individually WITHOUT the large suite.

Pity... liked the TS clone and the 5150 just for what it was (independent!) - but if it's like that...

Let's hope LePou doesn't go the same route.
Well said! I agree 100%

I don't. I like the idea of one plug with everything there.

If you don't use anything else, then yes - I agree.
But if you want to mix and match, it's overly complicated.

Yesterday I installed several guitar type suites and plugins on a Youth Club studio rig. And I realized "man - that's a lot of suites - and pretty much all of them have the same plugins". Which also made me think "why I can't I load them as I feel like, and rather have to use this 5% eating suite for that stomp, and that 10% eating suite for a headamp, and that 0,5% eating suite just for a cabinet"

Line6 already made it possible to load individual plugins with PodFarm 2 - but the development halted there. NI Guitar Rig has a ton of amps and stomps (saw that yesterday with the demo of GR5 Demo), but it's highly unintuitive if you don't know what the rack stuff is all about, or what models what. IKM, Overloud, Peavy/Revalver, Scuffham... they are all suites.

Though Scuffham seems to be the only one that does interaction (impedance) with stomps, heads and cabinets (according to a fellow KVRian through PM).

Really... this is what made the Custom Shop idea interesting, but ultimately non usable in software form. You could find your personal favourite stomp, head, power amp, cabinet, rack module - whatever. But instead of using it individually - you are forced to use it within a suite. And that one clutters everything up, sometimes you can't even turn off certain aspects of the suite (fixed amp and cabinets for example in PODFarm prior to v2.x).

So... not really intuitive in my opinion.

Else - I'm all for new ideas.
But please:
- Make it possible to load the plugins individuall still (the shell concept)
- no crazy custom shop, especially not with micro payment systems.

wow, that's a lot of posts since I last visited :P

I started making this suite because I wanted to make a plugin metal suite to keep everything available when you load up the first plugin, as a personal challenge also, but at the same time I'm trying to not push too much in there. It's just a basic setup with essential effects such as EQ and delay. Personally I don't mind the all in one thing when I'm satisfied with how everything sounds and that's a personal preference, I know, but everything is bypassable if you only want to use the TSE808, the X50 preamp/poweramp, or just the delay etc.. I will expand everything to single plugins in later updates like I have made before, but right now it's a rock/metal suite.

The (zero-latency) IR loader is basically modeled as a speaker, fully interacting with the poweramp. The speaker's impedance effect on the global negative feedback, as well as the physical non-linearities of the speaker driven by that poweramp. It's all frequency dependent and the nonlinearities are more prominent on the speaker's resonant frequency. As i didn't have a better name I named this model/phenomena simply "movement", because it's the speaker's imperfection when it comes to movement of the cone when pushing the volumes I've tried to model with this.

there will be no 'custom shop' or mini-transactions, just separate products.

stay tuned ;)

- John
TSE Audio - Lead Developer

onqel wrote:I will expand everything to single plugins in later updates like I have made before, but right now it's a rock/metal suite.

This is all I wanted to hear, or at least suggest a "shell" version.

But if the plugins will be available in an updated form (code) separately at a later state, I'm all game.

Except for still looking for a good Wah pedal, and a BigMuff stompbox clone that is not part of a bundle.

It's January, they are updating the website, I'm excited for this!

Return to “Effects”