Blue Cat's PatchWork - Virtual Plug-Ins Patch bay - Now with MIDI Routing + AU Hosting

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Dear KVR Members,

We are glad to unleash Blue Cat's PatchWork, a new plug-in that can be described as a "universal plug-ins patchbay": It can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).

It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently, and create many effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format. Despite the plug-in's name, no wiring or cabling is required: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix.

For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with the session or saved with presets.

The plug-in is available alone or as part of the Blue Cat's All Plug-ins Pack, the complete Blue Cat Audio collection bundle.

A special introduction price (20% off the plug-in) is offered to new customers until December 31st, while existing Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.

Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).

Main Features:
- Configurable VST plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- Available as an effect or virtual instrument.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 "pre" and "post" plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control ("Mix").
- Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully configurable user interface, with multiple sizes.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- PC running Windows XP or newer.

Pricing:
Blue Cat's PatchWork: 47 EUR or $63 (instead of 59 EUR or $79), until December 31st.
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great idea - will definitely be trying this one out tonight.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Looks really useful. I've been thinking about picking up something like Metaplugin or Chainer because the 6 pre-fader inserts in Cubase isn't always enough in these days of tape sims, console sims, VU meter plugins, etc. Gonna give this a try.

try Mux
Amazon: why not use an alternative

... looks interesting.

Now if I could only pull out some controls from the plug-ins onto a 'front panel' (and possibly some particular graphical areas of those plug-ins too). I know that Mux can do that but the knob style does not suit my tastes.

Remember that VAT will be added in Europe.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Been looking for something like this for x64.

Would be even better if you could get it to remember the VST folders. It's a bit time-consuming having to navigate to my plugins folder every time I want to add a VST(i)

@Andy, I guess you are on Windows, right? If you properly setup the VST path in the prefs, you should not have any problem.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:@Andy, I guess you are on Windows, right? If you properly setup the VST path in the prefs, you should not have any problem.
Thanks for that prompt reply, but I can't find a VST path setting anywhere - only a skin file path.

If you mean the VST path in Windoze registry, that's already set up correctly but PatchWork doesn't find it automatically.

Sorry if this looks like a "RTFM" answer :-). You can simply display the preferences pane using this little spanner button (nb 3):

Sorry Blue Cat, I'm an idiot.

I just found it while you were replying.

And you're right - I should RTFM next time.

Cheers

No problem. It just means that it should maybe be made more obvious...

Blue Cat Audio wrote:No problem. It just means that it should maybe be made more obvious...
Now I know where it is, it makes sense. I don't think you need to change that. Maybe though it should be stated earlier in the manual, just after "Installation".

Anyway, I'm gonna try it out now :)

Cheers

Great plugin. Very useful. Can it pass midi information from one plugin to the other within Patchwork (for arpegiators, Thesys, Reaktor ensembles and scripts in Kontakt)? That would be an awesome feature.

Now we need a plugin hosting plugin that can do Dictator-like things as in the Sugar Bytes Turnado plugin!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:try Mux
Unless you cant.
MUX spec wrote:available as a VST plug-in for Windows.
BC Patchwork spec wrote:in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Question : how does this handle VST/i with multiple inputs/outputs?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”