Blue Cat's PatchWork - Virtual Plug-Ins Patch bay - Now with MIDI Routing + AU Hosting

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

...about plugin automation. No need to implement complex parameter remapping, just for example 16 or 32 fixed parameter slot that can be assigned to the plugins would be fine! Like kontakt does for host automation or vienna ensemble pro...It would be great to automate plugins without midi routing and midi tracks (and not all the plugs do support midi learn!!)

Thanks for attention,
Alessandro

ratox wrote:...about plugin automation. No need to implement complex parameter remapping, just for example 16 or 32 fixed parameter slot that can be assigned to the plugins would be fine! Like kontakt does for host automation or vienna ensemble pro...It would be great to automate plugins without midi routing and midi tracks (and not all the plugs do support midi learn!!)

Thanks for attention,
Alessandro
Well, if/when this happens, it would indeed probably be implemented in such a way.

Don't you think would be simple and effective? Is it like that Avid would not encourage seamless integration of vst to this extent? The IF part of the statement sounds so sibilline...
It would be nice to feel transparency between audio developers and final users...
Thanks for your efforts!

So the automation is only an if? silly question, isn't that something considered uber important? To be able to automate our insert effects? :?

It will remain a "if" until it's officially available and released. We just don't comment on future plans and try not to make false promises... Getting automation right is no so simple if you want true full support.

Hello KVRers!

We are glad to announce Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.01, a minor update that mainly brings fixes and plug-ins compatibility improvements:
  • Improved compatibility with plug-ins that do not support sample rate changes (Nebula for instance).
  • Improved compatibility with synths that internally use VST presets banks: the entire state was not properly restored with the session (Nexus or Korg Legacy series).
  • Fixed output gain issue: when using parallel chains, the global output gain stage was skipped.
If you already own the plug-in, you can simply get the updated version from the same location as your initial download (you may have to refresh the web page).

Enjoy!

How are the chances that it supports vst3 really ?
I would like to buy it within the grace period, but as I own a lot vst3 plugins already It does not make sense for me without vst3 support

Alex

rasmusklump wrote:How are the chances that it supports vst3 really ?
I would like to buy it within the grace period, but as I own a lot vst3 plugins already It does not make sense for me without vst3 support
Thank you for your interest. VST3 will probably be supported in the future, but we cannot promise anything today. If you are interested in our software, you should consider what it does today and not purchase it for what it may do in the future.

ok, then no money from me.

Just a quick heads up to let you know that Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.1 is now available, including, among other things, sub plug-ins automation. As usual, existing customers can download the updated version from the same page as the original download (do not install the demo but the full version: it won't let you register otherwise). Enjoy!

New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a "learn" mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Our plug-in's advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.

Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically ("Reson" for example).
- fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
Some plug-ins that required the deprecated "effIdle" VST message should now work properly (Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist for example).

If you add an audio file recorder to this I would buy it - sorely needed on Mac especially.

Couldn't you use a third party VST plug-in that has this feature? Maybe I am wrong, but I think there used to be a couple of free file recorders... You could plug such a plug-in anywhere within Blue Cat's PatchWork to record your audio stream.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Couldn't you use a third party VST plug-in that has this feature? Maybe I am wrong, but I think there used to be a couple of free file recorders... You could plug such a plug-in anywhere within Blue Cat's PatchWork to record your audio stream.
There are none on Mac (except using things like Reaktor's audio recorder but I find that less than ideal) - it's a major problem. Having a record module in Patchwork would be great as you could record from different points in the plugin chain or mix. The windows free ones are all outdated too and have no 64 but versions so there's a big gap.

aMUSEd wrote:There are none on Mac (except using things like Reaktor's audio recorder but I find that less than ideal) - it's a major problem. Having a record module in Patchwork would be great as you could record from different points in the plugin chain or mix. The windows free ones are all outdated too and have no 64 but versions so there's a big gap.
Yet another plug-in idea, then :-)

Hi there,

I just purchased PatchWork and it 's working great for me in PT11, however is there a way to access my Nuendo plugins? I am on a MAC and the N6 Plugins are mostly in the Package Content of the app and there doesn't seem to be a way to get to them with PatchWork.
Is there a way to get this working?
thanks

Return to “Effects”