Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

sounddesigner wrote:Congradulations Stian on the positive review of your reverb work from Computer Music! Judging by the quoted phrase of their's I'd say they're spot on and have good recognition :clap: .
Thanks!! :)

Hi everybody!

I've finally completed a beta version of "Verberate Surround" which supports all common channel formats up to 7.1 surround (different in / out channel configurations are supported as well). The early reflections uses N x N separate impulse responses for the early reflections and the late reverberation uses four channels to simulate energy fluctuations on both the left to right as well as the front to back axis.

Here are download links to the beta version (demo mode with occasional muted audio):
As always, feedback is highly appreciated! :-)

Stian

Personally, I don't believe in surround formats; I find them to be distracting even in cinema context.

Overall, I think your reverb is definitely interesting and definitely can have its own niche among the best algo verbs.

As of this time I'm happy with Phoenix which has a bit more advanced ER section and it just sounds great. I hope you will continue improving Verberate because few times I came very close to pulling the trigger but having Phoenix and IRCAM session verb somewhat fills my need for natural reverbs.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Verberate!
Tapehead wrote:Personally, I don't believe in surround formats; I find them to be distracting even in cinema context.
Verberate has been embraced especially by the scoring and film post production communities for the clean and natural sound, so surround support is definitely important for us. I see your point, though, and I can imagine that surround productions are substantially more difficult to do "right" than stereo productions.
Tapehead wrote:Overall, I think your reverb is definitely interesting and definitely can have its own niche among the best algo verbs.

As of this time I'm happy with Phoenix which has a bit more advanced ER section and it just sounds great. I hope you will continue improving Verberate because few times I came very close to pulling the trigger but having Phoenix and IRCAM session verb somewhat fills my need for natural reverbs.
After those investements in reverbs, I guess I'll have a hard time convincing you that you need another one... ;-) Reverb is something I'm passionate about, so I'll continue to do my best to improve Verberate.

Stian

Hi everybody!

Just a short notice, that Verberate Surround has been released :wink: : http://acondigital.com/news/verberate-s ... -released/

Best,
Stian

Congratulations on the release, Stian! Awesome!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:Congratulations on the release, Stian! Awesome!
Thanks! :tu:

Dear Mr. Stian,

Your Acon Digital Verberate is incredible. It really suits my taste because I have a penchant for natural sounding and well.... these sound like real spaces. Those halls sound so lovely on vocals, the rooms sound natural on guitars. Even the plates are really good on snares. If I'm being honest, there's a couple of others that I like such as PhoenixVerb and TC VSS3 but those are tethered to dongles (damn you Ilok!) and well for whatever reason, these seem to need much less tweaking than the others for my taste. I'm not even touching the early reflections or tails because I dunno the presets are already just soooooo good. I guess we can thank Uncle E for the heads up on the promotion at JRRShop. Made this lovely bad boy to pass up. But boy was I surprised....

You must have some kind of background with reverb? Because its obvious that this was created by an expert. I wonder if Acon will be adding more interesting plugins to the lineup in the future. By the way, that chorus is bitchin'.

Cheers,

AC

Hi AC!
AC222 wrote:Dear Mr. Stian,

Your Acon Digital Verberate is incredible. It really suits my taste because I have a penchant for natural sounding and well.... these sound like real spaces. Those halls sound so lovely on vocals, the rooms sound natural on guitars. Even the plates are really good on snares. If I'm being honest, there's a couple of others that I like such as PhoenixVerb and TC VSS3 but those are tethered to dongles (damn you Ilok!) and well for whatever reason, these seem to need much less tweaking than the others for my taste. I'm not even touching the early reflections or tails because I dunno the presets are already just soooooo good. I guess we can thank Uncle E for the heads up on the promotion at JRRShop. Made this lovely bad boy to pass up. But boy was I surprised....
Thank you very much, I'm delighted to hear that!
AC222 wrote:You must have some kind of background with reverb? Because its obvious that this was created by an expert. I wonder if Acon will be adding more interesting plugins to the lineup in the future. By the way, that chorus is bitchin'.
I've been working with digital signal processing for nearly 20 years, so at least I've gathered some experience... :) There will be new plug-ins as well as updates of the existing ones this autumn, so please stayed tuned!

Best,
Stian

This reverb sounds pretty good. How is the CPU hit?

The CPU hit depends a lot on the latency you're using.
With higher latencies, it doesn't use that much. At low latencies, i don't use a Verberate instance on every track ;)

camsr wrote:This reverb sounds pretty good. How is the CPU hit?
Not the lowest around. To compare to another reverb, it's about the same as 2caudio Aether when that is in default quality settings and stereo mode. One instance of either in a fresh song would show 10% in Ableton live (which of course is one core and before speed stepping). But comparatively they are the same.

I have the reverb by them from CM Magazine, and I like it.

Built off the same engine?

camsr wrote:This reverb sounds pretty good. How is the CPU hit?
Thanks for the interest! We have given audio quality priority over CPU consumption, so as mentioned by others, the CPU hit is in the upper middle field. The code is highly optimized and make extensive use of vector arithmetics, so the CPU usage will be lower on modern processor when comparing to more traditional designs.

Best,
Stian

itneveris wrote:I have the reverb by them from CM Magazine, and I like it.

Built off the same engine?
Yes, indeed. CM Verb is a stripped version with a strongly reduced set of parameters and a couple of presets.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Effects”