Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

There could be a setting for "user folder" that could be stored to Verberate1.prop file.

EvilDragon wrote:There could be a setting for "user folder" that could be stored to Verberate1.prop file.
Yes, that would at least an easy solution for me... :-)

Stian

subterfuge wrote:In my portable install, I created a separate folder called "My presets" within the Verberate Presets folder. When I open Verberate, I can see that folder and save into there. But that folder will (naturally) appear under Factory presets in the preset list.
I'm aware of that problem. I wouldn't like the user presets to mixed with the factory presets either.

Stian

About the preset name not showing up when instantiating Verberate - hopefully also an easy fix? :)

Hmm...value adjusting causes nasty cpu spikes.
How about if we touch a knob internal processing of the plug disables and re-enables after we set the value.
Not perfect but can this be made as a workaround?
I tried bypassing the plug, setting a new value and re-activating but spikes still occur.

CPU is down in the latest version. I'm now seeing 12-15% on lives meter with the default! rather than 20ish. Still would love to see it lower but nice to improvements.

Cpu is improved but observe the cpu meter while adjusting knobs...crazy spikes.

EvilDragon wrote:About the preset name not showing up when instantiating Verberate - hopefully also an easy fix? :)
Yes, that would be an easy fix... :-) I'll get that sorted out.

Stian

Selfik wrote:Hmm...value adjusting causes nasty cpu spikes.
How about if we touch a knob internal processing of the plug disables and re-enables after we set the value.
Not perfect but can this be made as a workaround?
I tried bypassing the plug, setting a new value and re-activating but spikes still occur.
I am aware of the issue and I'm working on a solution. Hopefully, disabling the processing won't be necessary. ;)

Stian

Echoes in the Attic wrote:CPU is down in the latest version. I'm now seeing 12-15% on lives meter with the default! rather than 20ish. Still would love to see it lower but nice to improvements.
I'll try to continue optimizing when I see a chance for it. I'm also trying to even out the load over time which is important for ultra low latency situations. Right now, the CPU load jitters when using large room sizes.

Stian

Crash Report

Hi stian

I tried this in Sound Forge 11 yesterday and it crashed the program when I tried to adjust a slider.

It's fine in Studio One, Cubase & Reaper though.

Sound Forge can be a bit temperamental with certain VSTs anyway.

I just thought you should know.

Andywanders wrote:...But this is something else. It puts the music IN the space. Other verbs don't do this so naturally. It's hard to explain.
I think you put it very well, and this is how I feel about it as well. The pristine and uncolored sound really fits a dry and dynamic sound I'm trying to develop now. Try this reverb on Monark once and hear it come to life!

The only gripe I can think of is that the handles on the EQ could be easier to grab.

Andywanders wrote:I tried this in Sound Forge 11 yesterday and it crashed the program when I tried to adjust a slider.

It's fine in Studio One, Cubase & Reaper though.

Sound Forge can be a bit temperamental with certain VSTs anyway.

I just thought you should know.
Oh, that's bad, I'll investigate that ASAP. Thanks for reporting your findings.

Stian

vastarray wrote:I think you put it very well, and this is how I feel about it as well. The pristine and uncolored sound really fits a dry and dynamic sound I'm trying to develop now. Try this reverb on Monark once and hear it come to life!

The only gripe I can think of is that the handles on the EQ could be easier to grab.
Thanks! :-) I just noticed that the low and high pass filter handles are especially difficult to grab. I'll extend the hot spots to make it easier to hit.

Stian

Happy New Year, everbody! It's good to have the forum back again... :-)
I've uploaded a beta version of Verberate with AAX support:
Changelog
  • AAX support (32 / 64 bit)
  • Reduced CPU spikes
  • Fixed issue that prevented the true stereo processing in some AU hosts from working
  • Several minor bug fixes and improvements
Stian

Return to “Effects”