Wave Freeby????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even though I already own RBass I just got it again for the free WUP. :-)

I too used to worry about bloating my computer but last year I upgraded my 3.4 GB HD to 2TB so now I'm not so bothered...

It's not about space it's about useless programs whether they run in the background or not. Just don't need/want them.....especially for a simple bass boost plugin. I'm trying to keep my new system as clean as possible. The one I'm typing on now used for the internet is already bloated with crap like the Pace TPK driver which snuck in when installing Pulse........... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Every time I try to download it, I get a "page unavailable, try again later" or something along those lines. Screw it. I received an email a couple of days ago about not having authorized the previous free plugin they gave away (one louder?).
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Teksonik wrote:It's not about space it's about useless programs whether they run in the background or not. Just don't need/want them.....especially for a simple bass boost plugin. I'm trying to keep my new system as clean as possible. The one I'm typing on now used for the internet is already bloated with crap like the Pace TPK driver which snuck in when installing Pulse........... :shrug:
Fair comment about installations.

But RBass isn't a bass boost as such.

Nothing yet. :(
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

samsam wrote:But RBass isn't a bass boost as such.
" *Bigger, tighter bass from any system
*Extends perceived bass response by up to 1.5 octaves"

:shrug:

Maybe Bass Boost is an over simplification but not by much......Anyway I still haven't received an e-mail. I seem to remember the same thing happening last year. Gave them my e-mail and never received whatever plugin they were giving away. All it's meant for me is a year's worth of Waves spam which continues to this day...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Waves has messed something up here.

Before the free RBass was available, you could sign up on the homepage, and it said you will be notified when the plug-in is available.

Id did that, but got no e-mail, so I visited the homepage again on the weekend.
This time it said, sign up to get your free plug-in.
So I entered my e-mail again, and received the serial immediately.

I guess the people who signed up before the weekend, and were waiting to be notified, are "out of luck", because the freebie is gone :(

Another example of a company shooting themselves in the foot with a poorly executed give away......All it's done is make me glad I don't own any Waves Plugins and very unlikely I ever will........ :shrug:

I don't know about "poorly executed." I submitted my request in the middle of the holiday weekend, got the email within minutes and had the plug up and running 10 minutes after that.

Fairly painless, though I have a number of other Waves plugs, so maybe that made it easier?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Just read the posts here from the people who didn't get it...yet anyway...that spells poorly executed in my book. Like I said I seem to remember the same thing happening last year. I don't want to seem ungrateful for a gesture of generosity but really Waves has once again done themselves more harm than good.....in my opinion.

Certainly those who did receive it will have a different opinion. But in the end it's just a Bass Enhancement plugin that requires you to install a bloatware License Manager so no real loss..... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:It's not about space it's about useless programs whether they run in the background or not. Just don't need/want them.....especially for a simple bass boost plugin. I'm trying to keep my new system as clean as possible. The one I'm typing on now used for the internet is already bloated with crap like the Pace TPK driver which snuck in when installing Pulse........... :shrug:
Hi Marc, i can help you get rid of all traces of pace if you want it all gone, just let me know.

Cheers,

T

Novalis wrote:Waves has messed something up here.

Before the free RBass was available, you could sign up on the homepage, and it said you will be notified when the plug-in is available.

Id did that, but got no e-mail, so I visited the homepage again on the weekend.
This time it said, sign up to get your free plug-in.
So I entered my e-mail again, and received the serial immediately.

I guess the people who signed up before the weekend, and were waiting to be notified, are "out of luck", because the freebie is gone :(
Now if that's really true (if I gave them my email address for getting nothing), then I'll never buy something from Waves again... :uhuhuh:

The people who did sign up before the weekend for the RBass, should write to the Waves support.
They got promised a plug-in for signing up, which they never received.
Least you could do is go on their nerves a bit :hihi:

As for the installation procedure: I own several Waves plugs already, so for me it was totally painless.
Once you understood their system, it's really easy and quick to install and activate a new plug-in.

TheoM wrote:
Hi Marc, i can help you get rid of all traces of pace if you want it all gone, just let me know.

Cheers,

T
Thanks I might take you up on that but this computer is still running WinXp which will hit it's End of Life in April. It's a Quad Core Q6600 so I'll probably just upgrade to Win 7 at that time (no Win 8 Drivers for my AP 24/96). My Studio computer is already running Win 7 64 bit and that's the system I'm trying to keep clean and clear of stuff like license managers unless the plugin is really worth it like the Native Instruments stuff (I haven't even installed Retrologue even though I like it a lot because of Steinberg's License Manager).

There is so much other crap on this system after years of collecting that I'm not sure removing the Pace Virus will make a difference (by the way the TPK Drivers even load in Safe Mode). But I'll keep your offer in mind.....thanks. :)

Yes, they were dishonest about sending a notification.

Return to “Effects”