Wave Freeby????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you run the latest ilok manager uninstaller it will actually however remove the tpkd.sys which is the main culprit.

You need to do a system search for the words tpkd, ilok, interlok, and pace ap.

I have no choice anymore, as I can't find a replacement for certain plugins (and believe me I have tried, desperately).

But I would personally rather be rid of it too. I did some tests that way on windows, and I was able to get rid of it.the very best way for anyone in future, is simply do a restore point before installing any new plugins. If they sneak the ilok on there, run the ilok uninstaller, then go back to that restore point. There won't even be a single registry remnant left, it will all be gone. Pace use to break system restore and not allow to go back to previous, a few years back, which is when I agreed at least on windows it was a virus as that interferes with core OS. But they fixed that now.

So their advertisement email "Black Friday starts now" was the notification email?

And I should have given them my email address once more to get Renaissance Bass?

:o :-o :shock: :help:

They didn't write anything about that in this email, it wasn't even called "notification" or something like that.

I'm really disappointed. I thought I have to give them my email address and then I'll get a notification email with a download link & registration instructions.

All I got were 4 advertisement emails from Waves. :x

Exactly.
They really screwed up with this one.

If I had not entered my e-mail again on the weekend, I also wouldn't have received the license for RBass.

Is nobody from Waves registered here?
As I see they have no forum here.

Strange, so many developers here, but nobody from one of the biggest plug-in companies and "industry leader"? :roll:

Novalis wrote:Strange, so many developers here, but nobody from one of the biggest plug-in companies and "industry leader"? :roll:
I've never seen any representative from Waves here. They're too big for KVR, apparently. :(

Novalis wrote:Exactly.
They really screwed up with this one.

If I had not entered my e-mail again on the weekend, I also wouldn't have received the license for RBass.

Is nobody from Waves registered here?
As I see they have no forum here.

Strange, so many developers here, but nobody from one of the biggest plug-in companies and "industry leader"? :roll:
Hmmm.... what rubbish from Waves. I signed up too, and have not received the serial and download - guess I never will.
Mac Pro 12-core•48GB RAM•10.12.6•Logic 10.4.0•Soundcraft 12 MTK•NI_Softube_Tone2_Spec's_FabFilt_EWQL_PSP_Waves_UVI_Slate etc

Wow. I thought I maybe typed my email address wrong, because I never got it either. Strange, I got the one knob louder last year just fine. Oh well. Less WUP I guess!!
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

I did not receive anything too.

And I contributed involuntary to this unhappy marketing trick by making an article on my site. Hello, Waves, my readers are asking for the Bass Enhancer freebie!
www.flstudiomusic.com - free downloads, news, reviews, music production tips and more
Submit your news: contact[at]flstudiomusic[dot]com

You guys who didn't get the plug-in should really write to Waves.

Complaining just here obviously won't help, because nobody from Waves seems to be bothered to be on KVR.

They promised to noitify us when the free plug-in is available - which they didn't.
So it's just natural to write to them and remind them of their promise.

Waves rBass is the best bass enhancement plugin in existence despite a few oddities (fixed point dsp for one which makes gain staging important when using this). If they are giving this away, anyone who doesn't have it should jump on it for sure.

If you are having issues getting a link contact waves. I have been a user for over a decade and they have one of the best support staffs I've encountered. Also their copy protection since they ditched ilok is incredibly non intrusive and reliable (at least it is if you use a usb key as your authentication device).

I can't see how people not getting one of the best plug ins around for free slower then they feel they should is an issue. It's free after all. I would bet most of the missing downloads have been weeded out by spam filters.

Again: contact waves. they will get you sorted out and you will have a plugin that does things that you can't do with anything else on the market for free. Or don't, block waves from your email to stop their marketing emails, miss out on a very generous offer, and stop bitching.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Sorry, guys, but it clearly stated that before, you could only provide your e-mail so that Waves could notify you when you can actually sign up. It was intended as a reminder for the actual sign-up which started at a defined date in time. You didn't understand it that way and think it's stupid anyway but that's what the form said.

You didn't receive this reminder which can be due to several reasons, many of them out of an e-mail's sender's reach. Waves does stand by their offer, so how is this a scam or poorly executed?

As others said, if you still want it, do sign up now for the actual product. Since you already provided your address, it doesn't make matters any worse giving it again. I mean how is giving it twice worth more than giving it once?

If you're only receiving advertisements for a year and don't want that, you can opt out with a link at the bottom of EACH mail you received. Just click and unsubscribe. Waves does respect unsubscriptions. It's really easy!

And if, after you actually signed up for the product, you don't receive it, contact their support who are really great. Just because you're receiving marketing mails doesn't mean you have to receive the others sent out as well. Usually, marketing uses mail distribution services who keep you out of blacklists when you're bulk-sending to all subscribers, whereas the serial number links are customer-specific and most likely sent directly from Waves themselves.

Customer support can the try other means of sending you the serial manually.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: You didn't receive this reminder which can be due to several reasons, many of them out of an e-mail's sender's reach. Waves does stand by their offer, so how is this a scam or poorly executed?

Waves DID NOT send any notification e-mails to anyone.
Neither to the guys who actually got the plug-in (like me, because I signed in again on the weekend), and obviously not to those who didn't get it.

So the poor execution was that they promised to notifiy everyone who signed up, which they, for whatever reasons, didn't.
As others said, if you still want it, do sign up now for the actual product.
The offer is long gone, mate.

Well, after this experience I'll do what I did before - trying to avoid Waves. There are a lot of developers out there who need my support more than Waves...

I have neither time nor interest to discuss with them about what's a notification email and what isn't. For me these were advertisement emails (which I got 4!) and not a notification email about the free plugin.

For those who missed out on the freebie: you aren't missing out on much.

I'd long been interested in RBass due to the many positive reviews I'd read, but when I got it I was terribly disappointed. I was unable to find a single project where it actually improved the sound of a bass (or kick) track. If your bass tracks need some body and punch, check out Voxengo's LF Max Punch, which is vastly superior to RBass. Or, if you've got the cash, FabFilter's Saturn.

Novalis wrote:
medienhexer wrote: You didn't receive this reminder which can be due to several reasons, many of them out of an e-mail's sender's reach. Waves does stand by their offer, so how is this a scam or poorly executed?

Ah okay, I was pretty sure this mail had notified me:

..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:
Novalis wrote:

Ah okay, I was pretty sure this mail had notified me:

This is the usual advertisement email, not a notification email for the plugin.

If they would have written "Notification for your free Renbass: Please click here AND ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ONCE AGAIN to get the download link & the instructions..."

- this would have been a notification email!

But I thought why should I give them my email address once again? I'm waiting for the download link, I've already given them my email address!

Return to “Effects”