Anyone else tempted by the Audio Damage sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Dr. Device (delay, multi-mode filters, distortion, and bit crusher) on every track I do.

I asked for a refund on a plugin within the 30 day period and received a prompt refund.

Integratron wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:AD screwed up my account when they updated their website earlier this year. They lumped some of my plugins into bundles and made others NFR (no reason offered). I have NEVER bought an AD bundle. I wrote to them about it and was told it was my mistake, and I had bought The Studio Bundle second-hand. I did not, and replied showing them reciepts from paypal showing individual purchases. Chris said he would look into it ... and thats the last I heard despite contacting him again when nothing was changed in my account.
I have not had good results with refund. I used Adverb for a long period and had stopped using it in favor of another reverb. I wrote to them and asked for a refund and was refused. The email response was needlessly rude as well. They didn't even offer an alternative. WTFever.
f**king rotters! That's not on! I've got Dr. Randall's phone no. We can make drunken phone calls to him in the morning if you like.

:shock:

I'm hoping I'm not going to need a refund here myself, obviously.

:-o

"Anyone else tempted by the Audio Damage sale?"

Yurp.
[Insert Signature Here]

Yeah, I had to... it was too good. Picked up Automaton, Bitcom and 914 for fun times.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ricochet this time. Not many simple multi-taps (for the Mac) with that type of interface.

I like that the AD stuff is all neatly priced and basically designed around doing "one thing well".

JoeCat wrote:Ricochet this time. Not many simple multi-taps (for the Mac) with that type of interface.
I also got Ricochet and managed to sneak in a little time to play with it on my MBA while I was working today. Very cool little delay! I love delays and I've contemplated buying this for the past few years - now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

...and everyone should have RoughRider in their folder (free unless you go Pro). For me it really comes into play as a parallel compressor for fattening up those clicky digital drum sounds I seem to love creating for no good reason (that's you, Operator).

I finally went ahead and picked up Kombinat Dva...wow can't believe I waited so long. I'll use it mostly on Aux channels for parallel distortion on vocals,basslines, and drums. Sounds great to me. I'm also interested in Replicant and Mangleverb..hmm

DubLifeSD wrote:I finally went ahead and picked up Kombinat Dva...wow can't believe I waited so long. I'll use it mostly on Aux channels for parallel distortion on vocals,basslines, and drums. Sounds great to me. I'm also interested in Replicant and Mangleverb..hmm
I bought Kombinat Dva in spring and I still haven't used it... :dog:

Thanks for the tip with "parallel distortion", I've never thought about that...

JoeCat wrote:...and everyone should have RoughRider in their folder (free unless you go Pro). For me it really comes into play as a parallel compressor for fattening up those clicky digital drum sounds I seem to love creating for no good reason (that's you, Operator).

I got RoughRider in my AD folder. Used it to slam some drums. Nothing else seems to come close. It nearly always works. Sometimes it is too much and you have to slack off, but it's rare.

zerocrossing wrote:Yeah, I had to... it was too good. Picked up Automaton, Bitcom and 914 for fun times.
Bitcom is kind of up there too on the 'next' list. Don't post any youtube vids please..

Automaton is insanely easy to use after you see the video. And what's more, it then lends itself to another myriad of uses. So versatile, so fun. So random. So controllable if you want.

This has been a great kick getting all these plugs in one go.

I feel sorry for the people that find this thread tomorrow and the bargains are all gone.

Then again, for the silly prices AD let their plugs go for, this is just good promotion.

I'm gonna get me some more some time...

;-)

I've used Axon, but have not had good results with it for mainstream music. I use it for my massage sessions at low BPMs, ala FM3 Buddha Machine. It works wonders for my back. It's a great ambient generator. MIDI out to some pads and drones in your DAW and you're good to go.

Why don't y'all just buy Reaktor? Seriously curious. Seems to me it covers it all and has so for years. I'm probably missing something.

To answer the general post's primary question:
Yep.

I figure in about three more years, I'll own all the AD products, if I keep buying them two at a time every Blue Monday.
killmaster wrote:Why don't y'all just buy Reaktor? Seriously curious. Seems to me it covers it all and has so for years.
...because, by design, Reaktor is a clunky, bloated, memory pig that loves to hang every now and again.

AD plugs, on the other hand, are reliable, streamlined and solid.

That's a good point.

Return to “Effects”