HoRNet SW34EQ analog modeled equalizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HoRNet SW34EQ

Great plugin. I'm using it on everything these days. The saturation is really nice.

I love this eq. Really works well for some reason with SPL Freeranger. SPL is so clean and crisp and the Hornet is so mellow have been very happy on vocals with the pair, also has frequencies the other doesn't. I agree also with SKnote as a great choice. The Stripbus plug eq is very nice and of course SDRR has very cool eq even though is more of a sat/desk type deal.

Loving this one, too. This and Soneq Pro and it probably don't need anything else. Well until something else arrives. :)

This is surely one of the most under rated plugins ever to be released. I've tried the other Hornet plugins but to me, this one is by far the best and in a league of it's own! Best purchase ever!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:This is surely one of the most under rated plugins ever to be released. I've tried the other Hornet plugins but to me, this one is by far the best and in a league of it's own! Best purchase ever!
I think MultiComp can hang with it ;)

I'm surprised at how nice this EQ is, given that people don't exactly rave about the Otari Sound Workshop consoles.

This EQ has become my goto, unless I just need surgical resonant control, but this one is great.

You thought boosting with it was good? Try only subtractive EQ, holy crap!

And MultiComp is my goto compressor, havent used almost anything else since I got it.

Sale going on at Hornet - 40% off for another hour...I just saw it.
Already have this fine sounding eq (10.7 Euro now) but picked up the Autogain Pro... 8)
EDIT: Sale is for another 24 hours!

Its suprising how easy it is to get this to make anything sound good
Amazon: why not use an alternative

kylen wrote:Sale going on at Hornet - 40% off for another hour...I just saw it.
Already have this fine sounding eq (10.7 Euro now) but picked up the Autogain Pro... 8)
EDIT: Sale is for another 24 hours!

EDIT: OK, I just read about it and understand what it does now.

Maybe I'm obtuse, and not pooping on your decision, but is writing volume automation really that difficult? I'm not being rude or anything, I just really wonder what the use of this plugin is? It takes me like... 4 seconds to do volume automation.

Or does it work like a compressor, and follows the audio?

itneveris wrote:...Or does it work like a compressor, and follows the audio?
Yes, that's it, it has a detector (peak or rms) that follows the audio envelope and writes automation (lots of it). I have the one that Blue Cat wrote and wanted to try out this one to compare. Sometimes I'll get it to listen to a certain frequency range and output automation, then assign the automation to a ratio on a comp or the gain of a band on an eq. Something like that. Fun :tu:

Hi Just a quick reply to let you know that we have updated SW34EQ to version 1.1.1
This version includes:

- SSE optimized saturation
- improved GUI resolution

The update is free for current owners, if you haven't received your download link, get in touch with us: http://www.hornetplugins.com/support/

Thank you
Saverio
hornetplugins.com

Does it do oversampling?

Is it important if it doesn't?

Llast time I checked this plugin (granted, it was the first maintenance fix or so), I didn't see drastic aliasing issues. Just did so with the recent demo (which is actually still 1.1.0), and also no issues from 44kHz to 96kHz.

But one thing surprises me... The saturation was said to only be applied on frequency boost. Yet if the SAT button is engaged, it is active right from the start.

Am I missing something here, Saverio?
Did the concept change?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Are you sure it wasnt the SlickEQ that applies sat to boosts only?

I dont recall reading the SW34 did that

I remember that Saverio either mentioned in a private mail conversation, or at the very first days of the plugin.

Else, SlickEQ is indeed so far one of the rare EQ's that offers this feature. If not the only one that does it that prominent.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Effects”