Cableguys FilterShaper 3 Public Beta! Features and pre-sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper

idfpower wrote:I'm having a bit of a problem with the Sync function in Library... everytime I try to get it updated is says that communication needsw to be unlocked blah-blah (you know procedure). However I get no message in my email Inbox. So the acces to the online library is blocked. Is this normal (as in demo or beta limitation) so something that should not happen?

Thing is, I'm already using Curve 2 BE with the same email address registered for the library - so maybe there's a glitch in the system and the email shows as already checked (hence no new email message), but not for this plugin - so in fact it doesn't get unlocked?
You can use the same email address for Curve 2 BE and FilterShaper 3 I think.. have you made 100% sure that it's not in your spam folder and that you entered the right address? Did FilterShaper tell you afterwards that an email got sent by our system?

Yeah, I've tried several times. The good news is the final attempt was a success and the confirmation email finally arrived ;) Maybe the system got swamped for a bit, I don't know...anyway, it's working now (finally) ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I'm just curious: why do (almost) all Cableguys VSTs have nag-screens? I don't think I'd mind too much if it came up once when you first load the plug, but every time I close and reopen the editor? That gets annoying fast. :shrug:
[Insert Signature Here]

The gui in the op is super ugly. That coming from someone loving all other cableguy gui's.
Finally!

bailees7irish wrote:I'm just curious: why do (almost) all Cableguys VSTs have nag-screens? I don't think I'd mind too much if it came up once when you first load the plug, but every time I close and reopen the editor? That gets annoying fast. :shrug:
That's in the demo (and beta) only. The full versions do not have a nag screen of course..

bailees7irish wrote:I'm just curious: why do (almost) all Cableguys VSTs have nag-screens? I don't think I'd mind too much if it came up once when you first load the plug, but every time I close and reopen the editor? That gets annoying fast. :shrug:
I'd rather have that than white noise every few seconds or other "methods" of letting you know you're using a demo ;) I really appreciate their approach ;)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Hey Jacob, firstly, huge thanks for going through and addressing each of my questions and points! :) Further feedback on relevant points below.
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
soundpalace wrote:- I notice the range of the Cutoff knobs is 50 Hz - 18 KHz instead of the extended 20 Hz - 20 kHz. Any reason that this is limited? Even at the lowest cutoff, bass is still coming through which means that sweeps won't be completely able to vanish when the cutoff is all the way down. Similarly for the upper limit.
There's no technical reason to limit the filter frequencies. We just found that this was the most useful range - well and lets say resonance is turned all up and cutoff below 50Hz or above 18 kHz, there's the danger of adding lots of volume without hearing it any more. But would be interested if others are voting for more range too?
I beg you guys to reconsider this as you're effectively limiting a very important control. No other filter plugin (e.g. FabFilter Volcano, The Drop, u-he Runciter, Sonalksis TBK) limits the cutoff range like this. For me personally, it makes the filter far less usable and is also a bit confusing (e.g. new users will wonder why it only goes down to 50Hz and up to 18kHz). Please please please reconsider this one and extend the range :)
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
soundpalace wrote:- I'm personally colourblind and am finding one particular colour choice very hard to see. This is the value of knobs when selected, would you consider a brighter colour instead?
Do you mean for the text below the knobs?
I'm referring to the text colour shown in this image:

I'm guessing the text is red. General rule of thumb that most don't realise, red on black (or other dark backgrounds) is near impossible to see for those who can't see red. It's like looking at really dark grey on black. Perhaps you could either choose a different colour or simply keep the text the original (white?) colour when the user is tweaking the knob?
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
soundpalace wrote:- How exactly do you create curves on the LFOs? I can't seem to figure this out.
You can double-click in an empty are to create a soft point. Right-click on a soft point to change its state from soft to medium to hard to deleted.

You can left-click on an existing point to move it and Left click in an empty are to open a selection area for multi-editing of points.
Sweet, that works! Only thing is that it seems the double click behaviour is a little touchy, the point is not drawn until you release the mouse button.

Try this, double click but continue to hold the mouse button down after the second click so you can drag around the point. The point won't appear until you release the mouse button. This slows you down a little. Can you possibly fix it so that you can hold down the mouse button on second click and immediately start to drag around the new point? (similar to the right click creation of points?)
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
soundpalace wrote:- Combining the two drive knobs on the filters would probably be a good idea as I do find the current implementation a little confusing to work with.
Yes.. I am just hesitating a bit.. listening to some of the presets, especially the new ones from Konrad, they would have a different sound if only one control would be available. On the other hand, it's a real tweaking feature and often overkill. Hmm.
To be honest, this is not a show-stopper and there's certainly no harm in having both knobs. You might just need to make it clear in the manual what each of them does exactly. It's actually pretty unique to see two drive knobs on a filter, hehe :)
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
soundpalace wrote:- I'm finding it really hard to see what value each of my knobs are set to as the indicator is quite small and subtle, especially on the smaller knobs.
Yes. This will get improved.
Just to clarify, I'm referring to this:

Thanks heaps and keep up the great work!! :)
Last edited by fgimian on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

looks great. nice update! no time for beta investigations right now. looking forward to grabbing this once it's ready. long time FS2 user so i'll wait for the upgrade price to go public.

Just a quick update: We planned to release beta 2 today, but got all caught in weird Photoshop scripting behaviors.. so next beta tomorrow I guess!

I just wanted to add that IMO the online library transforms this into a behemoth - I can't believe this approach is not more popular for effects! I mean already the initial "preset" bank had doubled in size, and as more ppl will share their settings this will kill :) Awesome, just awesome, guys ;)

here's a quick and dirty demo video of the current beta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifp6viexYc
still working on getting a high quality sound in the videos. this is a 128 kbps stream.

:cry:
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

nice filter!

So are u saying another beta is gonna be released before the actual release ?..just wondering werether to wait to download this one or just wait .

pauldavid wrote:So are u saying another beta is gonna be released before the actual release ?..just wondering werether to wait to download this one or just wait .
Yes, beta 2 is coming today..

Do current filtershaper 2 users also get the free update? This is looking fantastic guys :tu:

Return to “Effects”