Cableguys FilterShaper 3 Public Beta! Features and pre-sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper

Hi there. Brilliant plugin, seems to combine several things from previous plugins. Question: will there be AAX support? Thanks guys for putting so much work into your stuff!!!

ishikah wrote:Hi there. Brilliant plugin, seems to combine several things from previous plugins. Question: will there be AAX support? Thanks guys for putting so much work into your stuff!!!
Glad you like it! There's no AAX support planned at this point.. well we are a small company and directing development to AAX keeps us from doing features.

In my opinion, Avid/ProTools should allow VST/AAX-Wrappers (as the one SugarBytes did).

Ok, tried the AU Version on Logic Pro 10.0.4.on a Intel iMac running 10.8.5…!

- first, i made a presets, saved it through the plugin and everything looked nice, then i wanted to share that plugin with your online Library and the preset was gone after the Library was synced..! :(
So i can't change my profile because this always happen to my latest preset! :(

- second, there is a small issue with the plugin itself, i set a pointer to the waveform with double click or right mouse click, worked, then i want to move this pointer which isn't working, instead of moving the pointers, Logic opens screens in the background of the plugin, i have to click on the plugin again to tell logic, that i'm working on this plugin…!

The Library sync problem must be fixed, otherwise i can't upload any presets.. :(

Frank
Last edited by Xenox.AFL on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:Ok, tried the AU Version on Logic Pro 10.0.4.on a Intel iMac running 10.8.5…!

- first, i made a presets, saved it through the plugin and everything looked nice, then i wanted to share that plugin with your online Library and the preset was gone after the Library was synced..! :(
So i can't change my profile because this always to my latest version! :(
Hmm, the profile and Library sync issue does not sound good.. can you try this: Save a preset, close the plugin (not just the GUI), load the plugin again: Is the preset there then or gone? (Also make sure that no filters are set in the GUI and that the "Selection" entry in the Preset Filter Section is set to "All" or to "My presets only".)

Xenox.AFL wrote: - second, there is a small issue with the plugin itself, i set a pointer to the waveform with double click or right mouse click, worked, then i want to move this pointer which isn't working, i have to click first on the lower tab of the plugin to continue working tell Logic that i'm working on this plugin, when i double-click again on the plug, it opens screens from Logic… I hope you understood, if not, drop my a mail…
I'll ask my colleague Steffen to give this a try in Logic!

Hmm, the profile and Library sync issue does not sound good.. can you try this: Save a preset, close the plugin (not just the GUI), load the plugin again: Is the preset there then or gone? (Also make sure that no filters are set in the GUI and that the "Selection" entry in the Preset Filter Section is set to "All" or to "My presets only".)
Okay, made a small preset, saved, closed the plugin and opened it again, preset is there, when i sync the, the plugin is gone.. Like always, of course the filter in the GUI are on show all and on all…! Hm…! :(

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:
Okay, made a small preset, saved, closed the plugin and opened it again, preset is there, when i sync the, the plugin is gone.. Like always, of course the filter in the GUI are on show all and on all…! Hm…! :(

Frank
Thanks Frank! Have you set the preset to private or public? If you've set it to private, can you do another test with a public preset and sync this?

Been giving that a spin, like the filters so far, but...

I can't really find out how to activate the pan / volume per filter. It's activated in some presets, but starting from an init patch, they remain off, no matter what I try to click and / or modulate? :help:

Xenox.AFL wrote:Ok, tried the AU Version on Logic Pro 10.0.4.on a Intel iMac running 10.8.5…!

- second, there is a small issue with the plugin itself, i set a pointer to the waveform with double click or right mouse click, worked, then i want to move this pointer which isn't working, instead of moving the pointers, Logic opens screens in the background of the plugin, i have to click on the plugin again to tell logic, that i'm working on this plugin…!
Hi Frank, thanks for your report. Does it happen every time you use FilterShaper 3 or does it occur randomly. Second can you check if it makes a difference if you bypass the plugin an then try moving the pointers. What do you exactly mean by saying "Logic opens screens in the background of the plugin". I'm also using Logic Pro X 10.0.4 running 10.9.1 and had no issues so far.

First, i set the patch to public and saved and synced the Library, the patch is now uploaded and visible…! When i set it to private, the patch is gone….

About the other Issue, Steffen…! It's a random problem, i can set 10 points without any problem and the next makes problems...! I mean with "logic opens screen ins the background"... If i have a midi track under the plugin and i want to set a pointer, Logic opens the midi track "Piano-roll" instead of setting a pointer in the plugin...!

Xenox.AFL wrote:First, i set the patch to public and saved and synced the Library, the patch is now uploaded and visible…! When i set it to private, the patch is gone….
Ah, it's super-private then. But uh, interesting bug then. I will check this!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
honzi wrote: - Master limiter / clipper would be handy - driving the filters can make this thing VERY loud.
Yep. Noted for 3.x I guess a simple clipper would do as it's only needed in extreme cases?
Yeah, a clipper would do. Just something to keep the output level reasonable.

I've also noticed that envelope followers in the sub-modulators (Intensity, Speed) are very short. Cutoff and reso have way longer decay times, while intensity and speed seem to be stuck at minimum setting, with spikes represented with at most a few pixels.

I know you've said that the envelope followers might change before the release - is this issue something you're aware of?

Breeze wrote:Tokyo Dawn's TDR Feedback Compressor II and Klangheim's DC8C both implement adjustable HP filters on the sidechain (TDR has 3 adjustable slopes) but maybe the smartest implementation is Melda's MDynamics which uses both a low pass AND a high pass filter in series, both adjustable from 20-20k Hz; with both you can pretty much narrow in on whatever you want. Also the Attack and Decay values need to be limited to musically useful values, but I'm sure you're aware of that.
Yes, we'll improve the scaling of attack and decay values! We'll try to do it in a way that current beta presets are not altered too much.

I am just thinking more about filtering the input for the envelope follower. It would actually allow so many more possibilities when the EF only reacts on basses, or only on snares, only on hi-hats etc.. definitely something we should consider with an update!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:I am just thinking more about filtering the input for the envelope follower. It would actually allow so many more possibilities when the EF only reacts on basses, or only on snares, only on hi-hats etc.. definitely something we should consider with an update!
Now you're reading my mind... :tu:

soundpalace wrote:- I notice the range of the Cutoff knobs is 50 Hz - 18 KHz instead of the extended 20 Hz - 20 kHz. Any reason that this is limited? Even at the lowest cutoff, bass is still coming through which means that sweeps won't be completely able to vanish when the cutoff is all the way down. Similarly for the upper limit.
There's no technical reason to limit the filter frequencies. We just found that this was the most useful range - well and lets say resonance is turned all up and cutoff below 50Hz or above 18 kHz, there's the danger of adding lots of volume without hearing it any more. But would be interested if others are voting for more range too?
soundpalace wrote:- Is there a way to link LFOs? e.g. One LFO can control multiple things? I understand there's Copy and Paste but this means that any changes to one envelope must be copied to the others each time. This was actually possible in FilterShaper2.
Not yet - but hopefully with the beta tomorrow! (We got something prepared which still has a little bug..)
soundpalace wrote:- I'm personally colourblind and am finding one particular colour choice very hard to see. This is the value of knobs when selected, would you consider a brighter colour instead?
Do you mean for the text below the knobs?
soundpalace wrote:- Is there any way to choose what grid the snap is set for?
Not yet! Maybe we will add another grid, so it can get divided by 3 too.
soundpalace wrote:- The UI is a bit too dark for me too, i think you had the balance of brightness right with VolumeShaper3. Particularly the top half of the interface (where the filters are) is really dark on my screen and the knobs themselves are way too dark too.
The next beta (coming in some hours today) will be a bit brighter.
soundpalace wrote:- How exactly do you create curves on the LFOs? I can't seem to figure this out.
You can double-click in an empty are to create a soft point. Right-click on a soft point to change its state from soft to medium to hard to deleted.

You can left-click on an existing point to move it and Left click in an empty are to open a selection area for multi-editing of points.
soundpalace wrote:- When zooming into the LFO waveform, it would be ideal if all LFO manipulation controls (e.g. shift left, shift right, mirror .etc) remained in view.
You're absolutely right - and they will soon!

soundpalace wrote:- Combining the two drive knobs on the filters would probably be a good idea as I do find the current implementation a little confusing to work with.
Yes.. I am just hesitating a bit.. listening to some of the presets, especially the new ones from Konrad, they would have a different sound if only one control would be available. On the other hand, it's a real tweaking feature and often overkill. Hmm.

soundpalace wrote:- I'm finding it really hard to see what value each of my knobs are set to as the indicator is quite small and subtle, especially on the smaller knobs.
Yes. This will get improved.

soundpalace wrote:- I found myself constantly clicking the preset name in the top middle of the plugin and expecting the preset browser to pop up. Not sure, but should the preset browser pop up when clicking on the preset name?
Interesting idea.

soundpalace wrote:- The ability to link both filters would be great for multiband sidechain effects using the 6db/oct filters as a crossover.
Good point and planned for an update!

soundpalace wrote:- Start a new preset (from init) and switch the mode to Parallel. Now set one of the L or R volume to Off and you'll hear the audio on that channel become all garbed, like its been severely bitcrushed. To hear this clearly, ensure that your input signal doesn't have a lot of high frequencies.
Yes, indeed a bug which I could fix yesteday - thank you for your detailed description. So the fix will be there with the beta 2 in some hours today.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Sync function in Library... everytime I try to get it updated is says that communication needsw to be unlocked blah-blah (you know procedure). However I get no message in my email Inbox. So the acces to the online library is blocked. Is this normal (as in demo or beta limitation) so something that should not happen?

Thing is, I'm already using Curve 2 BE with the same email address registered for the library - so maybe there's a glitch in the system and the email shows as already checked (hence no new email message), but not for this plugin - so in fact it doesn't get unlocked?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Return to “Effects”