Cableguys FilterShaper 3 Public Beta! Features and pre-sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper

New beta is up! Almost all UI fine-tunings have been done, changed the color from red to orange for better readability, we introduced preset categories in the preset browser, and both filter cutoffs can be linked.

More info and download the beta here:
http://www.cableguys.de/filter-shaper-3.html

Plus the stuff which we added with the previous beta: Linking of LFOs between parameters, a nice fade effect when switching between modulations to illustrate the changing of LFOs.

FilterShaper 3 can currently crash in some rare cases when using the selection tool in the waveform area (click and drag to select multiple points and move them, resize them..). Steffen is working on fixing that right now..

Plus an updated screenshot for you:

Nice! Looking much better to my eye.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

The new beta is so great. The UI looks far better and I really am digging the filter link, works exactly as I had hoped it would :)

Same points still exist as my previous post with the exception of filter link which is there. The CPU usage of this plugin is excellent too, but it's a bit hard to validate that with only one instance.

One additional little FR I propose is the ability to double click to reset knobs (as well as the existing Ctrl+click). Double click is great because it means that you don't need to reach for your computer keyboard to do this task :)

With regards to the filter cutoff range, perhaps consider including an optional "extended range" switch which users may optionally activate. Having the full range is essential for using this as a "filter" plugin as opposed to a modulation plugin.

Not sure how others feel about this :)

May as well ask ...any chance of being able to add the mix amount to it all ?
I know it can be adjusted but can't control it with the envelopes at all.

pauldavid wrote:May as well ask ...any chance of being able to add the mix amount to it all ?
I know it can be adjusted but can't control it with the envelopes at all.
Yes, modulation of Mix Amount would be nice.. but I guess it has to wait for later.

So we're currently finalizing the preset library - it's worth to sync regularly as things are changing there, presets get overhauled and approved.

The preset library should give a good overview of what can be done with FilterShaper, and be a good starting point for own creations or, for the lazy, deliver results fast. What do you think of the current selection of presets? And do you think that there's anything missing there or under-represented?

cool! bitwig style! :lol:

seriously it looks awesome! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

For the more extremes examples with using FilterShaper 3, check these audio demos that KVR member Irion Da Ronin did for us. Hope you like them!

https://soundcloud.com/cableguys/sets/f ... er-3-demos
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great update! Looking even better now and the filter cuttof link feature is very handy :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Very nice plugin, but I can't get any Cableguys plugins to receive midi signal in Ableton Live which is essential. Same with Volumeshaper - not recognized as a midi destination. The Drop and Quad Frohmage works perfectly.

I really like the changes in the GUI, easier on the eye for sure :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

fceramic wrote:Very nice plugin, but I can't get any Cableguys plugins to receive midi signal in Ableton Live which is essential. Same with Volumeshaper - not recognized as a midi destination. The Drop and Quad Frohmage works perfectly.
Oh, it should work perfectly. That's my setup:

You can get the dialog for setting up MIDI in FilterShaper, whenever you choose a MIDI Triggered LFO Type. Hope this helps?

soundpalace wrote:The new beta is so great. The UI looks far better and I really am digging the filter link, works exactly as I had hoped it would :)
Glad you like it!
soundpalace wrote:One additional little FR I propose is the ability to double click to reset knobs (as well as the existing Ctrl+click). Double click is great because it means that you don't need to reach for your computer keyboard to do this task :)
Double-click is already in use.. it opens the modulation panel for that knob (as an alternative to clicking on the modulation icon which is top right of a knob).
soundpalace wrote:With regards to the filter cutoff range, perhaps consider including an optional "extended range" switch which users may optionally activate. Having the full range is essential for using this as a "filter" plugin as opposed to a modulation plugin.

Not sure how others feel about this :)
I gave this another try and recompiled the filters to go down to 20Hz instead of 50Hz. In my opinion, all you get from setting the filter to below 50Hz is that the sound kind of disappears (or, with high resonance values, produces an undefined rumble).

I can see that this is wanted for long filter sweeps - but instead, you can just as well let the filter sweep go down to 50Hz followed by a volume fade.

To illustrate, I've just uploaded a preset "Filtersweep Fade" - you get this if you sync the library. Maybe this provides the effect you're after?

But I might be wrong and just don't get the purpose.. if so, let me know!

Would it help to put a Limiter at the end of your chain in FS. I have to do this for any filter sweep on a track, otherwise when you get to the lower frequency it can get that loud rumble. A simple Limiter solves the problem.
FS is on my radar>

soundpalace wrote:And a new problem (or one I hadn't noticed before):

- When switching to Parallel, even with each channel hard panned L and R, the signal ends up 3db louder than when it started. I'm guessing this is due to the pan law selected? I feel that a pan law which guarantees the same volume when each channel is hard panned would be more appropriate for this sort of plugin tbh.

Cheers! :)
Only answering now due to KVR's maintenance downtime..: Yes, right assumption, that's due to the pan law! Ideally, one could choose the pan law in use, but that would make the UI more complicated. We felt that the pan law we're using is especially nice for moving signals. And for every static signal, you can easily adjust the volume knob.

But I've just changed the Init preset to have both filters panned to the center at -6dB when in parallel filter mode.

Return to “Effects”