Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

nineofkings wrote:I agree on the non-subtle nature of the dirt, but it sounds great on forward, aggressive material. Even not-too-aggressive rock vocals sound good with some dirt, really helps cut through the mix. The dry/wet knob can help dial it back if needed. I'm very happy with this freebie.
I love dirt, when it has the right sound, and unfortunately this plugin did not have it the preferred way. Using the dry/wet knob does not change that.

Nothing wrong with that, but more the reason that it exist so many compressors on the market as it do; they all sound different to an extent.

standalone wrote:A video about the plugin.

http://youtu.be/9jqNXi5W2c4
Nice - Thanks for sharing!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Reposting this as it was lost in the forum upgrade:

I put together a couple of scripts to handle NI's recent push of 10.7 as a minimum system requirement. You can use them to install Supercharger on Snow Leopard.

There are two scripts in this zip file.

Snowify will modify the installer to change the minimum system version to 10.6. It will also make the Service Center install option visible so you can uncheck it to avoid having it updated with one that requires Lion. Updaters typically don't have Service Center included, but standalone installers like Kontakt Player and Supercharger will. The last Snow Leopard compatible version of Service Center is 2.3.3. You can still download 2.3.2 from NI and it will auto-update to 2.3.3.

Just put any installers (the pkg files, not the dmgs containing them) you want to "fix" into the same folder as snowify.command and then double-click it to run. It will unpack eack installer, modify it and place a new Snow Leopard-friendly installer in the Snowified subfolder.

Once you've ran the updates, you then have to fix the standalone apps as these also have 10.7 set as a minimum requirement. To do this, just run fixapps.command. It will scan /Applications/Native Instruments for apps that have 10.7 set as the minimum OS and will change this to 10.6. If you have changed the base NI directory path to somewhere else you'll need to edit the script to point to it.

I'd recommend running fixapps as soon as you've finished installing your updates. I've found that if you view an app that requires 10.7 it won't refresh to show it can now run after editing it. In this situation you need to drag the app out of it's folder and back into it again to force a refresh.

I've tested these scripts with the last round of updates for Komplete and the Supercharger freebie.

If you run into any problems let me know.

Integratron wrote:
standalone wrote:A video about the plugin.

http://youtu.be/9jqNXi5W2c4
Nice - Thanks for sharing!
Yes thanks :D

sprnva wrote:Reposting this as it was lost in the forum upgrade:

I put together a couple of scripts to handle NI's recent push of 10.7 as a minimum system requirement. You can use them to install Supercharger on Snow Leopard.
Thank you very much! I have it activated now! MUAH

Hi there,

i've requested the Supercharger but forget to download.
But i've received the serial, so just the installer ist missing.
I'Ve already contacted support but without feedback since a week.
Has somebody the file available for download?

Great thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat. I downloaded the installer while on holiday in South Africa (crappy connection, onto my phone). Tried to install it this morning, corrupted zip. Great. :(
Eternitysound VST Banks

If you authorize it, will it not set up a dl?

Yes, if you authorize it, i guess then a DL is available in you account.
But i've just received the Serial and not downloaded or installed or autorized it.
The download link in the mal was just valid for 48 hours, and i've missed it!

Nah, you have to install the plugin to be able to register it in the servicecenter.
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ / chaos318: I'll drop you guys a PM soon to see if I can help :)

Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie!!! ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie!!! ;)
hahaha Will be in touch in around half an hour mate, bear with me :)

I also am willing to break the law and up the installer somewhere for a good cause!! ;)
--

I win the race! :party:
ImageImageImageImage

For all other plugins, NI offer demo versions which can be authorised to full versions. I think they simply haven't gotten around to uploading demo versions of Supercharger yet unfortunately.

You can generally create a support ticket to NI requesting the installers in such cases ;)

Return to “Effects”