Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

Kriminal wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Awwwww it's free! The price is installing the service center. If you don't want to "pay" that then well, it's going to cost the service center install + $49 if you want to get it later...
wont cost me anything, ever. i was going to try it, but not if i have to install the abortion that is comically called the 'service center'
:roll:

I'd bet you're one of those curmudgeons on KVR that are anti-Facebook too, aren't ya? "Click like?! An outrage!"
[Insert Signature Here]

A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm glad you got it sorted. Really silly that NI doesn't allow the vista installer, I think that is being too optimistic on the updates.

The last time I saw one of those pie charts on who is using what, xp was STILL the largest userbase for windows.
Right, which makes it ridiculous that devs are coding plug-ins that will run fine on XP and then allowing the frigging INSTALLER to dictate that you must have Win 7 or 8.

They could make the argument that MS is about to drop XP support but so what----huge numbers of people will still be running it after that. I don't know when Spectrasonics is going to release their much anticipated next update but I may not have been able to install it but for the workarounds I learned about here. I don't know when I'm going to get time to deal with the perils of going x64 and I refuse to clean install Win 7 twice so I'm not in a hurry to deal with the upgrade.
Even though I've been on win7 successfully for years and years, I agree. If it's working for you, don't bork it.

just to second,the "service center" is actually a very well coded software,it's running smoothly without any hassle for me,in fact i even like it. :hihi:

t3toooo wrote:just to second,the "service center" is actually a very well coded software,it's running smoothly without any hassle for me,in fact i even like it. :hihi:
I can't say that I like it :hihi: but I have no problems with it. It runz smoove as butta!
[Insert Signature Here]

t3toooo wrote:just to second,the "service center" is actually a very well coded software,it's running smoothly without any hassle for me,in fact i even like it. :hihi:
+1

I've never had any issues with it, on numerous machines (Xp/Win7-64bit).

:love: Supercharger interface!!!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

When I first heard about this plugin, I said to some people that I am sure someone will find something to bitch about with this free xmas gift.
'Glad' to know I wasn't 'disappointed'.

rsp
sound sculptist

I just installed Supercharger and since I already had Service Center installed for FM 8 all went smoothly.....in fact Service Center also let me know there was an update for FM8 available. It then downloaded and installed the update with little effort. I usually don't like License Managers and Authorization Managers etc but I do have to say that N.I.'s Service Center has been a pleasure to use here..... :shrug:

Anyway on the plug itself...I A/B'd it against IK Multimedia's Black 76 and while I do like the 76 better on drums, Supercharger does have a nice sound...in fact just for giggles I ran them at the same time 76 before SC and damn....big ass drums suitable for head bangin' metal.....Saved as a Template immediately.

Supercharger is a welcome addition to the arsenal........thanks N.I. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

standalone wrote:
Integratron wrote:I've given up on all NI stuff for now. Their stuff just won't install on XP. I was able to get the latest version of Kontakt installed with the help of another KVRite, but the Drum Lab that I purchased and this compressor will not install.

The Kontakt installer was giving me a message that it must have system 7 or higher. We used application verifier to get around the error message. Oh, BTW, Kontakt 5.3.0 runs perfectly with XP... NI is just made it SOOOOOOOOO difficult for their users these days. I've spent a few hundred $$ on their products so I think this is a really poor way to treat paying customers... just saying!

Now with Drum Lab, I get a checksum error and this compressor install insists that system 7 be installed. I find it odd that I can't use the same workaround for Supercharger as I did for Kontakt. Leads me to believe that someone for NI was following the thread to get Kontakt to run and decided to add even more XP obstacles to the installer.

Yea, I know I need to move up to system 7 but I can not afford it at this time.

I even have some free stuff at the Presonus site that came with Studio One 2 that I'm not going to waste my time on.
Read this (edit included):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 66#5600466

The exact name of the process that needs to be fooled is the one that appears in the window where you are informed of the Windows 7 requirement. In this case, "Supercharger Setup PC.exe", not "Supercharger 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe".

Don't give up, fight the Windows 7 tyranny!
I've got Supercharger running great. I got involved with all this when I was trying to install NI Kontakt 5.3.0 so that I could get NI Drum Lab to install. I was able to get Kontakt 5.3.0 to install but now when I try to install NI Drum Lab I get a "checksum" error...

I've downloaded again and tried unpacking with both WinRar and 7zip but still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Any ideas for a work-around?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

bailees7irish wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Awwwww it's free! The price is installing the service center. If you don't want to "pay" that then well, it's going to cost the service center install + $49 if you want to get it later...
wont cost me anything, ever. i was going to try it, but not if i have to install the abortion that is comically called the 'service center'

I'd bet you're one of those curmudgeons on KVR that are anti-Facebook too, aren't ya? "Click like?! An outrage!"
you would lose the bet.

bungle wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
TheoM wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
You can install the plugin and test it in unrestricted (other than a time limit) demo mode without registering it at all. Service centre however is honestly about the most non intrusive and reliable c/r around. It doesn't do anything to ones machine or run on boot up or stay in resident memory or anything like that.
reliable is not a word i would use to describe it :hihi:

anyway, enough of that, carry on...
Just wondering what your issues where when you had service center installed ?
1. I fail to see the need for it for a free product

2. It failed to 'authorise' any of the products i tried, and crashed too many times to care.

Kriminal wrote:
You obviously completely miss the point " Free until ....."

Then, it will be a regular product, hence the Center need.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

bailees7irish wrote:

It is quite interesting how much it can wind people up if someone simply declares "I don't want this, even if it is free". ;)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Kriminal wrote:

2. It failed to 'authorise' any of the products i tried, and crashed too many times to care.
1 As pointed out it is only free up til xmas

2 That is sad to hear :(
Duh

jens wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

It is quite interesting how much it can wind people up if someone simply declares "I don't want this, even if it is free". ;)
Not what Kriminal said at all, he actually doesn't like/has had bad issues with service center.
So nothing at all like "I don't want this, even if it is free"
Duh

Kriminal wrote:

If I didn't already have Service Center installed for another product I probably wouldn't have bothered for Supercharger, temporarily free or not....and if someone doesn't care enough about a free product to install the Service Center then they aren't likely to ever pay for the plugin either....I like Supercharger but I don't think I would have ever paid for it since I have a ton of great compressors already.....but I am thankful to N.I. for the gift.

I passed on the Waves freebie simply because I didn't want to install their Authorization Manager software....the plugin just didn't interest me enough even for free....

I don't see how that could upset anyone....if the free offering doesn't interest someone enough for them to jump through hoops to get it then that's their choice....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”