Go-to compressor replacement for SV-315?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To anyone that was using SV-315 as their go to compressor and replaced it with another one, what other compressor did it for you? I'm asking for options besides Compassion as used to have it and I don't think Compassion can sound like SV-315.
You are currently reading my signature.

I demoed it carefully and ended up getting the Arts Acoustic.

Did the sv315 stop working? That's sonalksis best plugin to date. It's still a friggin brilliant compressor plugin.

Isn't SV315 uncolored? Why do you want to replace it?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I guess there are some free or inexpensive options available.

The SV-315 is great, I am just wondering of others have moved onto something else they like as a replacement.

electro wrote:Isn't SV315 uncolored? Why do you want to replace it?
Colored :)

Neuropath wrote:I demoed it carefully and ended up getting the Arts Acoustic.
Arts Acoustic is opto electronic
Sonalksis is VCA-btw it reminds me of EMT 156 compressor

Try Vertigo VSC 2

I did try Vertigo, and I like The Glue better. So, I guess that's my answer, to use the The Glue all-around. :)

DMG Compassion is a very good replacement, and designed by the same guy I believe.
Also has more controls and capability.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Yes, but it just doesn't have the same sound to me. SV-315 is more "airy", has breathing room, whereas I find Compassion to sound very solid and confined sounding.

djanthonyw wrote:To anyone that was using SV-315 as their go to compressor and replaced it with another one, what other compressor did it for you? I'm asking for options besides Compassion as used to have it and I don't think Compassion can sound like SV-315.
I've used the Sonalksis SV-315 for years, it was my absolute favourite on anything and nothing came even close to it, especially on drums (crush preset adjusted to my taste)…..

Until i tested Compassion……that's the only one that sounded better, and then some!
It takes more effort to get something like that out of Compassion, because of all the parameters you can tweak (and get lost in).

Honestly, pm or email Dave Gamble and he might help you with it, if it's not already in Compassion disguised as a British Type 1 or 2 Mod…..

Check out DC8C by Klanghelm. It's extremely versatile and sounds great.

I would, but there is no demo or refund policy. I purchased SDRR from Klanghelm due to everyone's rave reviews and I didn't think it did anything special compared to options I already have, so I sold it.

I thought the tube mode was ok, but Wave Arts surpasses it by a mile. Desk mode is ok as well, but not compared to Satson. The Desk mode does not sound like an actual desk or do what a desk does when you place an instance on every track. Things just build up where as with Satson, you get the space and glue along with the saturation.

I'm reluctant to do that again with DC8C especially considering I haven' t been impressed by any audio demos of any of the Klanghelm products.

Return to “Effects”