valhalla vintage or v.room ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

which do you like best and why ?

fwiw - my studio's other currenly available verbs are Fusion Field, XOXOs Glitter and LIVE

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Sort of like do I drive the Porsche 917 today or the McLaren P1.

I can't make my mid up which to use on a synth so I just go through all the presets on both until I find one that fits.

I'm going to make some music for Kerbal Space Program as a modder defo going to use ACE or DIVA with VVV reverb keep it all vintage and Blade Runnerish.

If I want something a little more natural, I'll start with Valhalla Room. If I want something more polished and slick sounding, I start with Vintage Verb. I think Vintage Verb is probably the better choice if you could only have one since it covers the last 30 years of algorithmic reverbs pretty darn well.

New VVV reverb algo on the way too. The reverb on the big boom in the Blade Runner intro.

I use most of the time ValhallaRoom. If I remember correctly, Sean stated that the algorithmns of the Room are more complex and the reverb is a bit "thicker".

ValhallaRoom sounds more like a real room, but I much preferred the sound of Vintage Verb. I would use convolution for a real room.

Its just a matter of your personal taste, I want my digital reverb to sound like an effect. Sanctuary in 80's mode is my favorite from Vintage Verb!

It entirely depends on the type of track I'm working on.

That said, VintageVerb gets more use.

I own Valhallaroom but would trade it for Vintage - what do you say Sean? 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Both are very very good. I use them depending on the material. VRoom is more character reverb and use it when I want to get unpredictable results within its decay tails. VVV, in the other hand, is all-around reverb and would suit in any occasion. Easier to use as well. They accompaniment each other, really. The only needed combo for me.

Also, I found that on unfiltered saw basses and leads VRoom is amazing. It's just really well mixing the dry and wet signal, almost making them inseparable. The decay tails on this kind of material are more like the repetition of the dry source.

Mister Natural wrote:which do you like best and why ?

fwiw - my studio's other currenly available verbs are Fusion Field, XOXOs Glitter and LIVE

peace

I like VVV best by far. For me, Room is a lot more subtle and harder to dial in. But maybe those more experienced with reverb would disagree.

I would definitely say if you have to ask this question, then get VVV for sure.

Then get Room when you know what you are doing and what you are looking for.

codec_spurt wrote:
Mister Natural wrote:which do you like best and why ?

peace

Then get Room when you know what you are doing and what you are looking for.
That's the right order!

excellent advice(as always) - thanks gents !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Fortunately, I was able to buy them both, along with Shimmer and Ubermod. I love them all. I think they're all some serious bang for the buck. I don't intend to use any other reverbs in the future with the possible exception of Steinberg's convolution reverb. That's unlikely, as I don't really care about true spaces in my music.

As for which first, I'd be on the fence as well.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I have both. I think Room is a little more useful more of the time, but they're both ace.

Although ValhallaRoom is very smooth and dense, I just find that VVV is the right sound so often and I don't turn to Room much. I know it's meant o emulate real spaces more but I personally don't find it to sound more realistic than VVV (on now settings). I use use 2caudio stuff which I find does nice realistic spaces. VRoom does have some pretty cool spacey verbs though. I am quite surprised I don't use it more.

Return to “Effects”