Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

Curious on how soon this rumored product update will take to get out and who has the record for the longest time between up dates for an effect?

any speculation as to what might be included and or what you would want to see included in the way of improvements? I personally want more marshalls fenders and boogies plus at least one from ENGL Soldano HK Cornford and Carvin as well. FX wise the fact we can host them inside of ReValver is cool since I have podfarm elements and amplitube3 among many others.

It's going to have to be a game changer for me. I've got sims coming out of my sims.

I hear you I just got it on sale the other day so it is new to me and I have amplitube 3 as well. I have yet to compare the 2 will do that this weekend. My business just got really intense and I have yet to be able to stop long enough to do anything with it.

hibidy wrote:It's going to have to be a game changer for me. I've got sims coming out of my sims.
True dat, hibidy. Everything that comes out of Revalver seems too thin and fizzy. I think the Van 51 in Guitar Rig is a better representation of a real sounding amp and 5150 model than Revalvers own 6505. we'll see how much of an improvement over V3 it will be, especially considering the long overdue update.

I had guitar rig once and it was something I only used for delays and clean parts. The high gain sounds were awful and unusable but so far Revalver is impressing me every bit as much as the amplitube sims do. I also have the sonar TH2 producer version and the latest podfarm. To me ReValver if it improves with the newer version is going to explode in sales. I just hope we do get a decent price for upgrading and that they really make it into a game changer. All sims take skill in using post eq to make them sound less fizzy and the guitar that you use may have something to do with the results you are getting with regard to sounding thin. I am using ibanez and need to upgrad to a prestige model so hopefully that will be something I can do in the next month or 2.

yessongs wrote:I had guitar rig once and it was something I only used for delays and clean parts. The high gain sounds were awful and unusable but so far Revalver is impressing me every bit as much as the amplitube sims do. I also have the sonar TH2 producer version and the latest podfarm. To me ReValver if it improves with the newer version is going to explode in sales. I just hope we do get a decent price for upgrading and that they really make it into a game changer. All sims take skill in using post eq to make them sound less fizzy and the guitar that you use may have something to do with the results you are getting with regard to sounding thin. I am using ibanez and need to upgrad to a prestige model so hopefully that will be something I can do in the next month or 2.
Have you used Guitar Rig 5? The Van51 is better than Revalver's imo and the Rammfire is much, much better than the recto in Revalver MK 3.5 Also, the Soldano model is pretty great and Revalver doesn't have that. I have both but can't get over how fizzy and fake Revalver sounds when they should be able to get the schematics right since they created the amps. The JSX model doesn't sound anything like the real JSX - thin and plastic sounding by comparision and the 6505 just disappoints. It has gobbs of fizz and no dimension, not something I would compare to a real amp let alone a real 6505 or 5150.

I have both and also have Th2 and would venture to say that Th2's 5150 is way better as well. I've heard some great amplike tones out of Th2 but not one clip one youtube has impressed me or would make me mistake Revalver for a real amp. The non-Peavey amps are even worse. The Revalver ACM model doesn't sound anything like a real amp. It sounds like a buzzsaw cutting through a forrest. A lot of people knock IK but one thing they did was get their Slash model to sound, play, and respond like a real amp. It's exponentially better than Revalver's attempts at a JCM (regardless of whether its going for a 900 or 800 model).

For what it's worth, I'm an advocate for the Torpedo PI since it's impulses are very accurate and their dynamic modeling is a huge improvement so I'm judging based on the preamp section.

Regarding the all amp sims require skill to make them sound fizzy to me is a cop out when you consider that Revalver MK 3.5 retails for $250. You don't have to scoop out "weird frequencies" in real amps and at that price I would expect better. It takes A LOT less post eq sounds to get realistic amp tones in Th2 imo and I can find something more usuable with the newer GR high gain models than Revalver. I've heard some great Th2 clips on youtube and heard them for myself playing but have yet to see anything from Revalver that impresses me.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Peavey fan and the JSX is my all-time fav for high gain but Revalver disappoints big time in my book.

Here's my guess. Peavey will present this at NAMM 2014 and possibly release its first version many weeks or perhaps months later even though they have had well over a half decade to come up with something good or better than what's out there, which is actually better than Revalver as it stands.

Peavey is gonna come up with a slightly better, less fizzy sound but they wouldn't dare create something that responds like real hardware because they wouldn't want to cannibalize their high end products. A bunch of yahoos will buy this software no matter what just to have it and for the peavey name.

They'll probably come up with "better cabs" that will be no better than Torpedo PI's excellent cabinet modeling and add some compressors to it to call it innovative. And then slap on some crappy marketing terms to describe whatever new proprietary technology that they "innovated with" and in the end after a honeymoon phase, it'll be nothing special. Then they'll ask for something outrageous like $299 new and way overcharge for an upgrade path and laugh their way to the bank.

Taking that long to update and support buggy software is insulting to its userbase. Especially at the asking price. Let's see if they can get in linewith the rest of the world. Let's see what they can do. :D I'm not counting on them stomping the competition at all.

TSE X50 is the best 5150 to my ears....

EvilDragon wrote:TSE X50 is the best 5150 to my ears....
Nice post, EvilDragon. I definitely agree that it is damn good. And when you consider the fact that it's free or donationware, it makes it hard to justify paying $250 to $300 for software that sounds inferior.

I do agree with your assessment of ReValver mkIII amps... a loooot of fizz, man, I couldn't get any usable sound out of any of them without judacious post EQ which is tiresome... and I just open X50, add some impulses and it's rocking, right there and then, with all knobs at 12 o'clock. :D

hibidy wrote:It's going to have to be a game changer for me. I've got sims coming out of my sims.
It won't be (a game changer) ;) I hear ya, about "sims coming out of my sims" :lol:

Then that will just save me the cash.

Will probably be getting NI Komplete so I will snag G RIg as well then I will have most of them

line 6, th2 sonar producer version, revalver, amplitube 3. Of course all the free ones as well and I will be adding more of the amplitube models and probably upgrade TH2 and snag scuffham.

Might also be picking up an 11 rack to hold me over till I have axe FX money and a GR55 so I can do the guitar midi and modeling thing. I really think revalver sounds okay but I need to figure out how to import presets to see what other users are doing with it before I say it works or not for me. I have been using headphones only and I am so busy with work that I really have not had much time to test it.

Revalver is the only thing that sounds like my actual 6505, Guitar rig has great effects but i never use it's amps.
Duh

Return to “Effects”