Reverb plugin similar to Eventide Blackhole?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a new plugin (I use ValhallaRoom now) for very very deep, outerspace reverb. I'm NOT looking for a conventional reverb nor emulations of rooms and plates. Something more creative and huge, similar to Blackhole from Eventide. But this one is iloked2, which I don't have.

Any ideas and suggestions for something similar to Blackhole?

Thx!

The obvious answer would probably be ValhallaShimmer, which is great (and even comes with a Blackhole inspired preset).
I would definitely demo that one since it does those weird (and endless) spaces so very well. Very special reverb, beautiful.

Valhalla Shimmer and STW Reflex free come to mind.
No signature here!

Toraverb does that too although it's a very acquired taste imo.. It sounds so different to the others so you will either love it or hate it but it does the huge ridiculous size reverb

reaktor has the space one, bloody massive reverb!!!!!

aaah yes spacemaster.. also re incarnet in 112db redline.. and still provides ultra massive rooms if someone likes that sound but don't have reaktor :)

Audio Damage Eos
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Thanks for the reply guys! I'll give them the demo versions a try.

TheoM wrote:aaah yes spacemaster.. also re incarnet in 112db redline.. and still provides ultra massive rooms if someone likes that sound but don't have reaktor :)

Do you have a link or .rar for spacemaster
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

BTW, some of Eventide's other native plugins have gone no dongle, (Omnipressor and 2016 plate). There is a topic on Eventide's site indicating they are working on Blackhole no dongle required. It uses the pace system whereby the computer hardware is licensed or to that effect. I have the Omnipressor compressor and not using an ilok dongle, works great.
Last post from Eventide engineer ........they are working on it.
http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/8 ... aspx#40320

anabkemeir wrote:BTW, some of Eventide's other native plugins have gone no dongle, (Omnipressor and 2016 plate). There is a topic on Eventide's site indicating they are working on Blackhole no dongle required. It uses the pace system whereby the computer hardware is licensed or to that effect. I have the Omnipressor compressor and not using an ilok dongle, works great.
Last post from Eventide engineer ........they are working on it.
http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/8 ... aspx#40320
Very interesting! I think I will email the Eventide guys and check with them if it's really coming (and how soon).

Thanks for this! :D (Blackhole is still the one I'd love to use)

Valhalla Vintage Verb is my favorite "character" reverb. The only other thing I use now is my Strymon BigSky, which is gorgeous.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

mysticvibes wrote:
TheoM wrote:aaah yes spacemaster.. also re incarnet in 112db redline.. and still provides ultra massive rooms if someone likes that sound but don't have reaktor :)

Do you have a link or .rar for spacemaster
It's included in the NI Factory content. It's in the effects section.

Return to “Effects”