Glaceverb 32 bit only?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On their page it says

"Native 64-bit and 32-bit on Windows"

yet when I install it I only get a 32-bit plugin.

There's no 64-bit version of it. It's SynthEdit.

It seems to be a common 'feature' listed for software that is misleading - noting that something works in 32 or 64 bit Windows but in an ambiguous way. I'm really not sure why that's so common, but I've read that and thought a plug is 64 bit when it isn't.

As EviDragon said - it's SynthEdit, so not likely to make it to a 64 bit version anytime soon (if at all).

Yeah I noticed that too. At least they often choose to put it like "works on Win 32 and 64 bit". My rule is, if it doesn't say explicitely VST 64 bit (often with an icon) then it isn't. Glaceverb was the first to break this rule for me.

EvilDragon wrote:There's no 64-bit version of it. It's SynthEdit.

Hey, Dragon. Did you ever found any trouble using it on a 64 bit system? I really like this reverb but i am affraid it could cause problems cause i am using a 64 bit windows&DAW(Fl Studio).

A 32-bit plug on a 32-bit DAW on a 64-bit OS is technically "works in 64 bits," but it's really a bit of a lie; while a 64-bit OS can run a 32-bit DAW, a 64-bit DAW can only run 64-bit plugs, unless you have a bridge plug (jBridge seems to be the king, but a few DAWs, like Reaper and Sonar, have their own built in). In short:

64-bit OS, 64-bit DAW, 64-bit plug? Good to go.
64-bit OS, 64-bit DAW, 32-bit plug? Needs a bridge.
64-bit OS, 32-bit DAW, 64-bit plug? Needs a bridge.
64-bit OS, 32-bit DAW, 32-bit plug? Good to go.
32-bit OS, 64-bit DAW? Ain't gonna happen. Well, maybe a mad hacker with an emulator fixation.
32-bit OS, 32-bit DAW, 64-bit plug? Needs a bridge.
32-bit OS, 32-bit DAW, 32-bit plug? Good to go.

SynthEdit, SynthMaker, SynthCamelCaseAnything? 32-bit.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

<delete>
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Effects”