Revalver 4 announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

My curiosity has the best of me.

hibidy wrote:My curiosity has the best of me.
Me too! :tu:

I have a feeling it's going to be a while though. Remember bitwig :hihi:

They are showing peeks of what it looks and sounds like so they have to be close to letting it out the door.

I wish it was tonight!

hibidy wrote:I wish it was tonight!
Preach it, hibidy! :wink:

You guys will be in for a ride when ReValver4 will be released. According to my sources, release estimate is May-June 2014.

Let's just say that after auditioning the software and having had the opportunity to test drive it, it will be the new amp sim to beat. The pick attack, the dynamic response, the nuances and reaction to the the volume changes, although still a stone's throw away from the real deal, are the best I heard in an ampsim so far.

I am a hardcore fan of S-Gear2 and an avid user of Amplitube 3 as well, but after testing out a still in development beta version, I could see myself easily living with only S-Gear2 for cleans and RV4 for the rest of my ampsim needs...and probably down the line, when more amps are released, only using ReValver4 as my single ampsim.

I also heard through the grape vine that us users will be able to construct, upload and share (even sell) our amps through their custom amps shop! Good times to come. Well done Peavey! :clap:

As a registered user of Revalver since 2008 and a retired user since I first discovered S-Gear, I hope that after the RV MK III.V fiasco (load of bugs and non existent support) Peavey learned from it's past mistakes and is now ready to invest (not neglect!) it's ampsim user base and provide all the means necessary to make it's user base loyal and content.

They have a winner on their hands, so let's hope history will not repeat itself and that Peavey will not become once again Revalver's worst enemy.
Last edited by A3ntar on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So not april? I figured as much.

Oh well.

What are these bugs in MK III.V?
I just jumped on the MK III since M-Friend was having a sale on it for $29.00

Seeing that the upgrade to III.V is another $79.00, it would be nice to have that information before.

A3ntar wrote:You guys will be in for a ride when ReValver4 will be released. According to my sources, release estimate is first half of summer 2014.

Let's just say that after auditioning the software and having had the opportunity to test drive it, it will be the new amp sim to beat. The pick attack, the dynamic response, the nuances and reaction to the the volume changes, although still a stone's throw away from the real deal, are the best I heard in an ampsim so far.

I am a hardcore fan of S-Gear2 and an avid user of Amplitube 3 as well, but after testing out a still in development beta version, I could see myself easily living with only S-Gear2 for cleans and RV4 for the rest of my ampsim needs...and probably down the line, when more amps are released, only using ReValver4 as my single ampsim.

I also heard through the grape vine that us users will be able to construct, upload and share (even sell) our amps through their custom amps shop! Good times to come. Well done Peavey! :clap:

As a registered user of Revalver since 2008 and a retired user since I first discovered S-Gear, I hope that after the RV MK III.V fiasco (load of bugs and non existent support) Peavey learned from it's past mistakes and is now ready to invest (not neglect!) it's ampsim user base and provide all the means necessary to make it's user base loyal and content.

They have a winner on their hands, so let's hope history will not repeat itself and that Peavey will not become once again Revalver's worst enemy.

I'll believe it when I see/hear/try it.

There will also be Kazrog Thermionik to look out for, also Q2 2014...

EvilDragon wrote:I'll believe it when I see/hear/try it.
Of course, no one is asking you to do otherwise :)
EvilDragon wrote:There will also be Kazrog Thermionik to look out for, also Q2 2014...
Indeed. But the problem I have with most of the new ampsims (freeware or otherwise) coming out as of late, is that most of them are high-gain / crunch / metal oriented.

And as of now, the amp sims that can do really good cleans (S-Gear, IKMM AF) have an average high gain emulations.

IMHO, RV4 found a good balance between both beating, to my ears, most metal geared ampsims in their own game, and coming real close to the clean amps as to render them almost redundant.

Now like I said, I will still be using S-Gear for my cleans, but as soon as a decent clean and smooth blues amp is released for RV4, I just might make the switch. Heck, I might even take a crack at building my own.

Btw, here is a demo of RV4 I found on the interwebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=han4fXjbiVI

It is a shame the person who recorded this video did not record direct but decided instead to use the cam's mic.
It gives you nonetheless a small idea of RV4 tonality.

hibidy wrote:So not april? I figured as much.

Oh well.

Hibidy, I asked my source for you today and from what I gathered, I got more like May-June time frame.
If all thing go as expected, it will be a May release.

A3ntar wrote:Indeed. But the problem I have with most of the new ampsims (freeware or otherwise) coming out as of late, is that most of them are high-gain / crunch / metal oriented.

And as of now, the amp sims that can do really good cleans (S-Gear, IKMM AF) have an average high gain emulations.
Thermionik will have both, it seems. Shane (Kazrog) seems extremely dedicated to cover a wide palette of tones, including vintage and obscure amps.

EvilDragon wrote:Thermionik will have both, it seems. Shane (Kazrog) seems extremely dedicated to cover a wide palette of tones, including vintage and obscure amps.
Excellent! Although this is not the impression I got from the "trailor".

If so, I will most certainly be watching the Thermionik release closely as well.

Might be worthy reading through the ultimatemetal forum thread about it. Sure enough, lots of people demand high gain amps like Framus Cobra, Peavey 5153, ENGL Savage 120 etc., but Shane mentioned there will be vintage amps too. And also probably 4-5 amps for initial release, then either custom shop addons or regular updates with more models as time goes by.

Return to “Effects”