Revalver 4 announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

On KVR news

Free version, gear store, separate views for pedalboard, amp, cabs and FX... Amplitube 3 clone much? I hope it can at least do FX loop... Amplitube is at version 3 but i still can't insert a delay between preamp and poweramp!

ACT sounds like that Roland guitar synth thing... GIG mode sounds great, could be very useful!

No word on improved cabinet modeling - looks like it's standard IR's again? Or RIR2 *is* the improved cabinet modeling?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

With ReValver 4 also comes the introduction of the ReValver Amp Store, allowing users to purchase new amps, stompboxes, effects, and ACT content through in-app purchases.
:bang:

I

K

Friggin

Multimedia

MK II
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Also no price info.

Aloysius wrote:
With ReValver 4 also comes the introduction of the ReValver Amp Store, allowing users to purchase new amps, stompboxes, effects, and ACT content through in-app purchases.

I

K

Friggin

Multimedia

MK II
MKIV actually :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

My head hurts :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Was checking out the HSP version yesterday, then went to the site to check out what they have available now and I like its sound better than NI-GR5 and TH2. Still looks kind of pricey though. Of course, I still can't get my Amplitube3 to load yet to compare it too. I guess IKM is not really into answering their support request emails during NAMM...

I see nothing in the form of video/examples/price/availability. Am I missing something?

Probably not the most current, but this is what I checked out:

http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

That's 3.5 which has been out forever. I'm trying to get more info on 4.

hibidy wrote:That's 3.5 which has been out forever. I'm trying to get more info on 4.
Yes I figured that, just adding my .05 on giving the free HSP version a try against GR5 & TH2.

I surprisingly enjoyed the tone and what seems to me to be a more natural decay. But considering that 3.5 is the price it is, I'd have a hard time justifying it. So hopefully, the MKIV will have a more attractive price to it as well. But that seems a ridiculous thing to ask for...

I am actually relieved to hear that I can buy the individual amps separately. Hopefully, the prices are reasonable and more in line with the IK prices for instance. Revalver MK 3.5 is outrageously priced at $250 for what it is imo. I'm very curious to see how could this new ACT technology. A lot of developers these days throw component modeling around like a buzz word but imo very few get it right. Some of IKs stuff I believe is fantastic but I'm most impressed by Yamaha's VCM technology. That would be indeed encouraging if the modeling is on par with their stuff but for amps of course.

Aloysius wrote:My head hurts :)
I'm actually surprised that IK Multimedia is almost always considered as "the" inventors of "Custom Gear" shops.

Actually, Native Instruments kind of started it with Guitar Rig (which didn't go well it seems), same with Line6 (for the POD and GuitarPort hardware, which were driven by the GearBox software, now PODfarm - the "model packs"). And that was years before IKM introduced the Custom Shop to AT3.

Granted, IKM "perfectioned" the stupidity with the Custom Shop and "virtual currency" (heck, even Microsoft finally stopped that "points" nonsense). But they were certainly not the first. And will definitely not be the last.

This system does have it's use - if it's fair priced (Two Notes with their "the more cabinets you buy, the more discount" concept comes to mind), and you know what you get for your invested money. That, and getting fair priced upgrades, crossgrades and bundles. With emphasis on "fair priced" and "crossgrade".

But if every darn module is like 20-40 points, which is like 15-30 EUR (sans VAT, yes - I'm exaggerating here as I don't have the prices in my head), that is(!) a bit steep.

Still, I wish that Peavy would outsource the "amp design" module as seperate device. This way I could (in theory) build my own tube/transistor based preamp, that is not a guitar amp. But who knows... Slate might be up to the task, now that he announced a some sort of "successor" (continuation) of the Antares Mic Modeler concept.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

for what it is worth i just snagedeeed the rv 3.5 the other day and b4 that amp tubed 3 aand so far on usability the 3 wins over the 3,5 and I am deeply disapointed after all the 3,5 hype but perhaps sound is harder to get perfected in 3.5 but still the presets avilable inside it suck [...]

[Mod edit: Vile portion deleted. Think before you post, please.]

by the way they only got me for $45 incuding shipping and that is how I feel afte having been on the exact opposite of the spectrum strictly from reading all the hype.

Burillo wrote:On KVR news

Free version, gear store, separate views for pedalboard, amp, cabs and FX... Amplitube 3 clone much? I hope it can at least do FX loop... Amplitube is at version 3 but i still can't insert a delay between preamp and poweramp!
You can do that with Revalver 3.5 - Load a preamp module, load effects, then load a power amp module.

I use it that way for EQs and Chorus effects myself.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Return to “Effects”