Waves Metafilter - Finally something interesting from Waves

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MetaFilter

Works fine on my S1 V2.6. (Mac)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Works fine on my S1 V2.6. (Mac)
Must be A-OK on Mac OS we can deduce. Could be a Win 7 32-bit Live install issue. We'll see. All I have to do is load the plugin and click anywhere on the Metafilter interface and it crashes so hard I can't even get the cursor back. I have to go immediately into Windows Task Mgr to close the Ableton Live process. :dog: Anyone else using Live in 32-bit mode?

snigelx wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
snigelx wrote:Hmm,...the demo is crashing Live 9.1.1 and the latest beta. Fun :dog: oh well, there's always sleep. good night sweethertz
No problem here with Studio One and Live 9.1 all latest revs. Its not revolutionary but sounds great and more importantly is rally easy to get around, very easy workflow and well thought out, a bit of a CPU hog though. Will eat up 10 % of Live CPU with one instance so you wont be running loads of these without freezing.
That is good to hear. Are you using 32-bit Live like me? or 64-bit? Also Mac OS or PC (like me..Win 7). Well, Waves have kicked out their nice auto demo check-up support email this morning to see if one should need assistance and I have contacted them. We'll see what they say to this. Cheers!
64 bit Mac for Studio One and Live
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I did not have any problems with it in the most recent version of Live 9 checking it out yesterday. Using the VST version on Mac 10.9 here

hibidy, I.ll bet it would be a cool effect for guitar

Judging from the product video on youtube this is a toy for newbies, right?
Finally!

bill45 wrote:hibidy, I.ll bet it would be a cool effect for guitar
I was thinking the same thing.

Seems familiar to me though, doesn't camel already have something like that (maybe not as advanced? )

cyphersuit wrote:Judging from the product video on youtube this is a toy for newbies, right?
I was NOT impress with the viddys. I don't know about toy for newb though, so maybe you could elaborate and tell me what/what is better?

Their YouTube Ad is very well produced. Almost hypnotic!

cyphersuit wrote:Judging from the product video on youtube this is a toy for newbies, right?
Most audio companies videos suck, check out NI demos for example, doesn't make them bad products.

Why you would think this product is a toy for newbies IDK, sounds very condescending, are you on some higher plain of enlightenment that you prejudge a plugin from a video rather than demoing it and making a valid judgement, very strange.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I can't find a way to make it sync properly to tempo. It goes at the right speed obviously but I can't find a way of keeping it in phase. It's essentially a crap shoot each time you press play as it's free running. I like the sound, though.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I'm not sure with this filter... it's a effect filter but there is already Fabfilter Volcano and some other plugins can do filter modulation/sync stuff too like the LFOTool...
The good thing: it's VST3 which makes side chaining very easy on a VST3 host like Cubase. But hmm... for effects I think tools like Effectrix are better.
Anyway, the filter sounds good.

Sendy wrote:I can't find a way to make it sync properly to tempo. It goes at the right speed obviously but I can't find a way of keeping it in phase. It's essentially a crap shoot each time you press play as it's free running. I like the sound, though.
Is anyone else having this same problem? I'm using Cubase 6.5. I've tried different settings in Cubase to no avail. Beat sync is useless without phase retriggering and I'm kinda staggered that something that's VST3 isn't basing it's LFO's phase on song position.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

woodsdenis wrote:
Most audio companies videos suck, check out NI demos for example, doesn't make them bad products.

Why you would think this product is a toy for newbies IDK, sounds very condescending, are you on some higher plain of enlightenment that you prejudge a plugin from a video rather than demoing it and making a valid judgement, very strange.

The video targets djs and shows weak ducking effects. Did you watch it?!?

Edit: i was talking about the video called metafilter plugin tutorial. The short trailer rocks.
Finally!

I was finally able to try the demo and it sound decent, but no better than The Drop. It actually uses more CPU than The Drop on HD mode as well. The GUI is also a bit sluggish in LPX while my other plugins run fine. I'll be passing on this one. I guess The Drop is really all I need anyway.
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Effects”