released: SlickHDR - Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crimsonwarlock wrote:
sidfrancis wrote:This plug sounds AMAZING!
Did you post in the wrong topic? This topic is about SlickHDR, not about this plugin. We all know that this plugin is a completely different beast (and of course unbeatable by any other plugin) :D
No, he means THAT plugin, not this plugin...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

sidfrancis wrote:This plug sounds AMAZING! Unfortunately it crashed Cubase 64/7.5.10 on Win64 several times within the first 2 Minutes. I hate it. Anyone having good results with jbridge in this configuration?
Maybe try it with jbridge. Worked fine for me, but i haven't tested it on the new Cubase Version yet.

Tp3 wrote:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
sidfrancis wrote:This plug sounds AMAZING!
Did you post in the wrong topic? This topic is about SlickHDR, not about this plugin. We all know that this plugin is a completely different beast (and of course unbeatable by any other plugin) :D
No, he means THAT plugin, not this plugin...
Ah, my bad then :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

sidfrancis wrote:This plug sounds AMAZING! Unfortunately it crashed Cubase 64/7.5.10 on Win64 several times within the first 2 Minutes. I hate it. Anyone having good results with jbridge in this configuration?
For me (Win7 64, Cubase 7.5.1 64 and Wavelab 8 64) it runs perfect when Jbridged.

After finally coming around to try SlickHDR myself only now I realize how ridiculous all the nay-sayers truly are.

I laugh in your general direction. You know who you are.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Cubase crashed during a test session with SlickHDR? I haven't had a crash in months before. Coincidence?

CableChannel wrote:Cubase crashed during a test session with SlickHDR? I haven't had a crash in months before. Coincidence?
I tested SlickHDR in REAPER and I didn't have any crashes, so your problem is rather Cubase (or your OS) than SlickHDR... :wink:

Reaper is, in my experience, ABSOLUTELY THE MOST FORGIVING DAW when it comes to plugins that would be tricky in other situations. Has the best bridging, too, at least of DAWs I've used. It is so good that I kind of would recommend that developers pick something else as their "tough test case" for DAW compatibility, 'cause it goes very far out of its way to accommodate unusual plugin behaviors.

I've noticed a lot of plugins that are perfectly compatible with Reaper are fine with most DAWs but have an issue with Cubase (which is kinda weird, maybe being the VST standardizing body they expect exact behavior and don't handle aberrations well, I'm just spitballing here). Live is another DAW that seems to not take too kindly to plugins that aren't spot on, though in my experience there a lot of the time it's weird envelope behavior as opposed to crashing or whatever. Has definitely gotten better over the years, too.

Agreed wrote:Reaper is, in my experience, ABSOLUTELY THE MOST FORGIVING DAW when it comes to plugins that would be tricky in other situations. Has the best bridging, too, at least of DAWs I've used. It is so good that I kind of would recommend that developers pick something else as their "tough test case" for DAW compatibility, 'cause it goes very far out of its way to accommodate unusual plugin behaviors.

I've noticed a lot of plugins that are perfectly compatible with Reaper are fine with most DAWs but have an issue with Cubase (which is kinda weird, maybe being the VST standardizing body they expect exact behavior and don't handle aberrations well, I'm just spitballing here). Live is another DAW that seems to not take too kindly to plugins that aren't spot on, though in my experience there a lot of the time it's weird envelope behavior as opposed to crashing or whatever. Has definitely gotten better over the years, too.
I had some cases where a plugin crashed REAPER or it wasn't listed in REAPER after scanning but I could load it in MuLab without any problems. So in my opinion, MuLab is the most forgiving DAW regarding plugins! (says a REAPER user)

My experience doesn't include MuLab, so you might be right!

Return to “Effects”