released: SlickHDR - Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SlickHDR is a “Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor” which:

- balances the perceived global vs. local micro dynamics of any incoming audio.
- creates a rich in contrast, detailed and clearly perceived image which translates way better across different listening environments.
- provides a convenient workflow by simply adjusting three dynamic processors to show a roughly same load.
- offers further and detailed control about overall tone and release time behavior.

The stunning UI artwork and all renders were done by Patrick once again. Made with love in switzerland – as he said!

SlickHDR is available as a freeware VST audio plug-in for Windows x32 and you can check for more information and to download a copy over here.

There were already lots of questions since the announcement and I expect even more and so I'll set up a FAQ based on all the discussions which will probably arise here in this thread during the next days.

peace,
bootsy
follow me on Image

Wow! I was just checking your website a few minutes ago! I guess I checked it a bit too early :hihi:

I'll try this asap!
Thanks for another nice freebie!

Cheers
Dennis

Thank you! GUI is too big in my notebook, I can't see all knobs (everything under "Tone" slider). :scared:
yzcoruhT

Very nice work!

Visually and sonically very pleasing.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Just the right thing for a relaxing Thursday evening... I'm getting ready to mix a new tune, and will try this out now. I'm really intrigued by the manual... thanks for all your work!

Awesome can't wait to try this one Herbert dude :tu:

Cheers and best as always :)

Dean

Wow! This seems to be something entirely new to the whole audio processing world. At least I have never heard of something similar. Excited to try this!

There is a hotfix available containing an alternative and smaller GUI version for SlickHDR (Just necessary if you had display problems on smaller screens).
follow me on Image

:hyper: can't wait to check out! Now!

thanks man!

Wow!

Hubba Hubba

David Else wrote:Wow!
+100!

1st 10-30 seconds of driving this thing I was like "WOW!" and "OMG!" :o
Possibly the best plugin on the planet atm! :lol: ;)

Def the best plug bootsie unleashed so far!

Thank you very much!! :hug:

Cheers for the BrauerPlug :tu: :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

OK guys, in case you are a bit confused: don't imagine P2 and P3 like a multiband setup controlling the low freqs and high freqs.

workflow example....

(added: set the P2 and P3 controls to minimum) Drive P1 as hard as you can but still getting a good sound.
...as soon as you bring P2 into action it will share the load and sound better...
...set the P2 release in different fashion of setting a usual compressor release, this one is about overall glue...
...top it off with P3+it's release setting,
(set the tone to bright, seems like most my cases), play with low and high detail knobs and finally finetune P1, P2 and P3 if needed.

compensate level for A/B

OK now I'm off to drive it as hard as it can for single tracks to smell it's silky burn! :D
Last edited by 3ee on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”