RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
Teksonik wrote:A.B.P. Another Bootsie Placebo. :lol:
You're not a fan then?

:D

Teksonik has mustard on his bacon in the morning.

He says: Mmm.. not so hot.

He gets extra chilli powder in his, well, chilli..

Still he say: This is not so hot.

He then parks his car where he should not.
He gets a fine. This bothers him not a jot.
Unphased he says: They should have charged me more
for that spot.

Tek goes to buy crack.
He gets a particularly good rock.
He says to the cracktender 'Mmm. that was a particularly good rock, you should have charged me more'.

That is what you are dealing with, when it comes to Tek.

Those that know him, love him.
Those that don't, sell him crack.

It might explain some things.

:-)
I have no idea what you're talking about and apparently neither do you......I've never smoked crack but apparently you have and rather recently judging by the content of your post. It might explain some things.........:shrug:
This is why I love you man. You are in my top ten to the party. No Tek? No party!
You take the level of the 'straight man' to another level.

On top of that you are actually quite a good guy - interesting, talented, with deep morals.

I think the world of you man!

Back to the rock for me now....

;-)

Teksonik wrote:I always find it hilarious when Bootsie releases one of his Placebos that anyone who doesn't like them must be deaf or stupid or their monitors suck, they're on drugs or any number of other flaws relating to their DNA......... :lol:
Google: The Emperor's New Clothes........ :tu:

Well to be clear, that was not me calling you out for such things.

I can't hear it half the time. I'm sure a lot of other people can't too.

Is it my monitors?

Is it my ears?

Is it my crack addled brain?

I don't need to be able to hear music on that level. I have a very fine and very sophisticated instinct and ability with music. I am sure you do too.

I accept some others might be more advanced. Most listeners aren't. Let's face it - you Mr. Teksonik are pretty advanced yourself, more than most listeners.

So I am agreeing with you. I love your impertinence, your naive ability to stick your golden ears above the parapet and ask with genuine naivety 'why did I get shot down?'.

You are one of life's true Alpha Males.

There are a lot of bootsy's plugs I can hear nothing. You are not alone. A lot of others are very subtle.

My jokes towards you are a genuine term of endearment. Never forget that. I have the greatest respect for you Tek. And if I take the piss it is coz I think you are big and bad enough to take it.

Well ok then ....thank you ? (I think)........ :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well done Plugin Bootsie...#SALUTE #FACT!!!

Agreed wrote:One can go very far in life without being a confrontational prick and calling a bunch of people liars ...
Yeah well ... that's really great.

I was wording my opinion here, but people can't just let it stand and word their own.
No, they can't accept it. They have to start calling people names, if those say something is bad, which they like.

(Also I did not call people liars.)
Anyways. Have fun with this plugin.
bmanic wrote:Eh, so basically what you are saying?: "I explained why I think this plugin is bad yet other people disagree with me. I've decided that they are all wrong so they must all be lying."
No, what I said was, that I don't take opinions seriously, if people can't explain their opinion.
I think the only one, which actually gave a straight answer was Bronto Scorpio. From what he wrote, it sounds like he knows, what he's talking about. And he might actually make some targeted use of this plugin.

It's just that I have seen it way too often, that people praise something, which isn't special at all.
I remember how people raved about those Abbey Roads EQ plugins back in the days ... well turned out, those don't even have symmetrical curves. In fact they have the same curves like 99% of all freeware-EQs (and no saturation).
Still people we praising it without really knowing, what they're talking about. That is, what I meant with "not sincere".

And that is probably what Teksonik meant with "placebo".
It does not mean, the plugin does nothing. It means, that people think it's great because of its GUI and because it's from Bootsie, but not because the plugin is good.
Even if the plugin was good (which I say it isn't), most people praising it wouldn't praise it, because it's good.

Really, you might be annoyed by criticism of the "new free mega mojo plugin".
I am annoyed by unjustified hype.

But then again:
Have fun with this plugin. I don't want to take this away from you.
But if you are allowed to word your praised here, I am allowed to word my criticism.

I quickly threw a stupid 4 on the floor loop together to demonstrate how I would use the plugin. I used quite extreme settings for this.

Here is the dry loop:

Silly Loop (Dry)

And here is the same thing through SlickHDR:

Silly Loop (Wet)

The version with SlickHDR has better defined transients and therefore a "deeper" stereo image, grooves a lot more, everything is "glued together" and has a slightly lower dynamic range as a bonus (Even if it may not sound like it!).

Damn, I hate describing audio with words :hihi:
You'll hear what I mean :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

I don't know much about psycho-acoustics but this plugin is making a lot of folks psycho. :nutter: Just kidding. :lol:

Definitely not a placebo. It's certainly doing something in the demos posted.

Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

This whole debate is, as always, completely bonkers.

Think bootsie's plugins are too subtle? Chain three of them in series and max the settings - you'll hear it unless you're deaf. Problems solved.

Chaining multiple instances off Tessla mk2 to get the dirt flowing is part of my everyday workflow, it's a great plugin, so is SlickHDR.

Hey, just wanted to mention that SlickHDR + Stereoizer3 = Da $hiT :-o
(as is with reverbs, delays and - so it seems - with all spatial processors)
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

foobar2000 --> vst component --> Xlutop Chainer --> SlickHDR --> limiter

Use modest settings (in the green). Works best with great mixes. Over here, it gets 5-10 hours of use every day. Just this morning, I've been eargasming on good old Koxbox and Psychopod stuff.

What's wrong with you naysayers, are you f**king deaf???

Tp3 wrote:Hey, just wanted to mention that SlickHDR + Stereoizer3 = Da $hiT :-o
(as is with reverbs, delays and - so it seems - with all spatial processors)
I agree that the combination of SlickHDR + a spatial processor gives interesting results. Following up on my previous comment about using SlickHDR to clean up boomy, reverby, stereo audience recordings: I have found that using GStereo (http://www.gvst.co.uk/beta.htm) after SlickHDR makes a powerful pair for achieving clarity and a "prettier" recording. The excitement of the concert is heightened, no major artefacts are added to the desired direct sound and boom and reverb are controlled to more tolerable levels.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/HWR%2020 ... oIqCwD-dKA

8 Bars off

8 Bars ON

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/HWR%2020 ... FFRCtKwGjA

The same 8 bars with no processing at all (straight of of Microtoniq + Synth Sequence)

Then 8 bars with spatial help

Then 8 Bars with SlickHDR on Drums and Synth and Master

And now for some humor :

http://youtu.be/krb2OdQksMc?t=3m14s

:hihi:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I like this, just be careful with bass distorting.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Yes, as I said somewhere else in topic, Microtonic creates MASSIVE level fluctuations while generating sequences (I like to create random sequences, then mix and match between them. between 8 instances, to be extact).
I guess I could have done better with a LITTLE more care, it's just that I was very quick (mainly to prove to myself that the workflow can be extremely quick). taking care of a better gain staging would have fix that, and improve (vanish) the slight distortion in the sub bass section.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”