GVST Kickstarter for Mac plugins (also x64 and new updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gy wrote:Thanks xybre. I'll definitely be looking at adding an incentive in the next week or two.

And thank you Agreed for the kind words. You're right, the "G" doesn't stand for "gorgeous", it actually stands for "awesome"... No, that's a lie. It actually, genuinely stands for "Graham", which seems a bit pathetic really. I guess I'm just an egomaniac at heart.

If anybody's interested in skinning one of the plugs, then let me know. I'm happy to share the secret recipe.
Hmm. I might take a crack at it. I am not a designer either though, so results may vary. :hihi:
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

I'll write up a quick guide on re-skinning a plug with an example soon. Tomorrow hopefully, depending on how my morning goes.

@fese - thanks for the bug report. I thought I'd acknowledged it earlier, but I just checked back and apparently I didn't. Sorry, Anyway, I haven't actually looked at it properly yet, but I was pondering it just now and I think I know what the issue will be. I'll report back if I get anywhere with it.

Ok, I just put another fiver in your account.

Not in the kickstarter coz they wanted me to register and i hate that shit. It's fair enough, but.

I just used your normal paypal.

Good luck with the project.

And thanks for making what might be the biggest baddest collection of free VSTs on the planet.

Respect.

Sorry it's not more, but I'll donate again in a few months time. I should be able to manage that.

xybre wrote:
Hmm. I might take a crack at it. I am not a designer either though, so results may vary. :hihi:
Didn't the mighty Grymmjack do the gui framework for these? Unless I got it all wrong.

This really works well across all plugins I have tried.

Hell, I might even like to have a go myself.

Graham, can you give some pointers?

Everything works so well so far, but maybe a tad more eye candy might be nice.

;-)

codec_spurt wrote:Didn't the mighty Grymmjack do the gui framework for these? Unless I got it all wrong.
GJ did a skin for an old version of them, thats the skin I used to always use, they're just not compatible with the newer versions.

@gy I realized last night that GSatMax goes up to 11. :hihi:

Good catch.

I thought it was a GUI bug!

Right, here's a link:

http://www.gvst.co.uk/feb2014.htm

There's an example skin for GClip, which is the old Grymmjack skin with some notes on how it works. You could take it as a template and try to create a new look.

@fese - I've made a tweak that should fix the issue you were seeing.
I've put a new version of GClip up at the link above.
I'd be grateful if you could try it and report back.
xybre wrote:I realized last night that GSatMax goes up to 11.
...naturally.

Thanks all!

gy wrote:Right, here's a link:

http://www.gvst.co.uk/feb2014.htm

There's an example skin for GClip, which is the old Grymmjack skin with some notes on how it works. You could take it as a template and try to create a new look.
Neat thanks. If I have some down time this evening I'll have a look.

Hi
Did you ever considered longer rates ( = slower times) for the LFOs in your panning plugin Glfo ?
I like it a lot, but sometimes i wish it could modulate slower...

Hi again...
Do you mind if we make a couple of FR ?
- GStereo : adding a "solo" button for each band.
- all : adding a "changelog / history" file with the downloaded Zip ;)
Thank you for your plugins !

Sorry - just back from a few days away.

Feature requests are always welcome - I have some lists lying around I can add them to. A lot of the requests I get would be simple to implement (not all of them, of course, but most). The thing that usually holds me back is that more often than not they'd stop the plug-in being backwards compatible, and I always try not to break peoples' existing, archived projects.

Parameter ranges are a good example - sooo easy to adjust in most cases, but doing so would mess up settings in historical projects if somebody needed to grab the latest plug-in build from the site.

Better version management and a change-log would help with that of course, but those jobs are a bit of a chore. The Kickstarter's looking unlikely though, so maybe I'll find a little time to create myself a change-log tool - it shouldn't be difficult really, and once it's done it would be easy to maintain. It's just never top of my to-do list.

Return to “Effects”