Quikquak Upstereo Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UpStereo Pro

Just a head up to let know that Quikquak just released an enhanced version of UpStereo, a stereo widener / maximizer.

I like the free version a lot (used lightly), so this one seems to be a nice improvement with a rather fair price ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG4G8tQ7lBM

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_UpStereoPro.html

Doesnt even scan under Win 8 x64 Pro, x64 VST version
Reaper X64
Renoise X64
Maschine X64
Duh

bungle wrote:Doesnt even scan under Win 8 x64 Pro, x64 VST version
Reaper X64
Renoise X64
Maschine X64
The same here.

I also think that the Rayspace plugin is really great and I wish it was at least updated for x64 systems.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Inform the dev, he has it running fine in X64 apparently, so the more input he gets, the easier will be to track down the issue.
Duh

I could never get any response from him. No idea why...I'll try again.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

scans and runs fine in reaper x64 for me - I've got UAC off and my vst folder is outside c:\program files

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download ... x?id=30679

I had to install that to get it to work on x64, now that i have tested it i find that it is completely unusable anyway, it adds such a huge delay that everything put through it is completely out of sync, even with PDC.
Looks to be exactly what i am looking for other than this terrible delay issue.
Duh

the delay has to be down to the linear phase eq side of it - it's nice that it's there, but would be cool if you could bypass it and leave just the width side running (which I presume would add no more delay than the free non-pro version)

Thanks for the feedback guys. The latency isn't huge by plug-in standards, it's 2048 samples at 48kHz. The whole thing is sent through the same Fourier process, so nothing can be separated out, including the linear EQ.

This project took months of R&D, and uses knowledge gained from my pitch shifting work and the MashTactic plug-in.

2048 samples IS quite a huge latency compared to most other plugins, though.

2048 is quite a lot :o

I hope that this works in Cubase 7.5 with no problems (UpStereo free does not).
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Your DAW should adjust with the latency, there are many plug-ins that use spectral processing that have the same and more latency than that.
It uses spectral processing which must use Fourier transforms, it cannot be avoided and I've worked hard to bring that value to as low as it is.

The 64 bit version now includes the run-time libraries.

Nevermind the free. I bought the Pro. it has exceptional something to it, that I can't recall getting from the other plugins I have (both free and commercial).

Cheers, D. !
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

quikquak wrote:Your DAW should adjust with the latency
In that case there is a serious issue with the plugin, there is a huge delay not being compensated for by the PDC, it throws any track that this is put on out of sync with everything else.
Also the 'Active' button does not bypass this delay either.

It is very very easy to replicate
1 Create two tracks
2 Put the same drum loop on each track
3 Put Up stereo pro on one of the tracks
4 Listen to it go off beat (Even easier in the demo because when it goes silent it goes back on beat)

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed, because it is a very nice sounding process other than that.
Duh

I'm doing just now, with Reaper 64, and there are no problems. What's your host?

Scratch that, I've found the problem, I'll post a new version in a short while.
Dave.

Return to “Effects”