Quikquak Upstereo Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UpStereo Pro

quikquak wrote:Thank-you for the RaySpace comments, the SDK it uses is unfortunately out of date, so it'll need a big re-write. Although I'm wary of making it too complex, as it wasn't designed as a complete room maker, but as an easy to sketch, top down room designer.
But it could still be an easy sketcher for rooms - with additional "Advanced" mode for tweakers? All suggestions Compy put here are perfectly valid, and they make complete sense... ESPECIAILLY if RaySpace is up for a rewrite. Please think about this. :)

quikquak wrote: Thank-you for the RaySpace comments, the SDK it uses is unfortunately out of date, so it'll need a big re-write. Although I'm wary of making it too complex, as it wasn't designed as a complete room maker, but as an easy to sketch, top down room designer.
I've bought RaySpace years ago.
I always wondered why you didn't offer updates for it!
If you will update it - I suppose - it will not work anymore on my system. :neutral:

quikquak wrote:Thank-you for the RaySpace comments, the SDK it uses is unfortunately out of date, so it'll need a big re-write. Although I'm wary of making it too complex, as it wasn't designed as a complete room maker, but as an easy to sketch, top down room designer.
I remember as much, but then again - your concept is unique. The mail I sent you months ago was with another dimension and angled spots (professional tool) - it doesn't necessarily to go "there", but maybe... different materials per shape/walls, room height, maybe at least take floor/ceiling into consideration (best if the floor/ceiling could use different materials in different areas as well).

I wrote so many ideas down, I'm surprised that I can remember half of them.

quikquak wrote:Things can get completely out of hand, and away from my desire to simplify.
EvilDragon is on to something with an "advanced" panel. Maybe even use (say) a 3D room designer like SweetHome3D, create the room there, then load it into RaySpace, edit certain walls,etc.

RaySpace is to me, a sound designers dream (for both mixing music and video postpro). As you wrote yourself "create thousands of custom rooms". Indeed an interesting idea, but only if the room can have custom walls/colums/panels, etc.

quikquak wrote:I was thinking of using my 3D development work and creating the reverb in parallel processing on GPUs, which would be amazingly fast, to the extent that multiple objects could be walking around in real-time.
The thing with GPU type reverbs is, that it only works on selective ones. So far, even projects on NVidia have their issues. ATI users and Intel users would be left out.

Since RaySpace originated, a lot of things happened in terms of CPU generations. Your 3D GUI's also drastically enhanced and barely eat CPU power. Even more processing power for the RaySpace engine.

Then again... I can only dream. ;)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ok here I am for target practice - I'm the duck... :D

I have downloaded the v1.01 stuff for Win32, extracted (unzipped).
Created a directory in my VST folder:
C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\QuikQuak\UpStereo Pro\

The directory contains 'UpStereo Pro.dll' and a folder called 'Skin'.

When I try to use the plugin in Chainer I get an error box: "Mistake in Vertex shader 'Display Panel'.

Reaper just turns white and dies...

I think in addition to the various room designs I would definitely vote for the 3d positioning of instruments. I've been craving and asking for this feature since forever. I'm absolutely certain that there is a great need for a cool, realistic reverb that can be designed visually.

Now that we have TSAR, Phoenix, Relab LX48, Ircam Verb etc, etc the competition for realistic (modern) and modulated (vintage) reverbs is seriously tight but I can clearly see a "very spacious space" for the rayspace.

Mir verb is the only one that offers "true" 3d positioning but it is I.R and by far not as flexible as the Rayspace.

Sorry for hogging this thread but I can see that many people are eager to get this tool. Please, make it happen...Hurry ! :D
Last edited by Tapehead on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

With the delay fixes this thing is absolutely amazing, probably my first purchase of the year.
Duh

Cool plugin, it makes the sound also more ''dry'' ( my impression), and i like it.I leave the technical considerations to others who now more than i do , all i can say is that in some occasions the difference between the sound with the plugin bypassed and then with it on is very noticable, in a positive way. As with every plugin i found that in some occasions you better keep it off.
General impression is positive.

kylen wrote:Ok here I am for target practice - I'm the duck... :D

I have downloaded the v1.01 stuff for Win32, extracted (unzipped).
Created a directory in my VST folder:
C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\QuikQuak\UpStereo Pro\

The directory contains 'UpStereo Pro.dll' and a folder called 'Skin'.

When I try to use the plugin in Chainer I get an error box: "Mistake in Vertex shader 'Display Panel'.
Reaper just turns white and dies...
I don't quite understand, you should just copy the folder 'UpStereo Pro 32' (or 64). You don't need to create a folder.

Anyway the error is very interesting, can you post on my contact page what it says in total, it should give a line number:-
http://www.quikquak.com/contact.html

Thanks,
Dave H.
QQ

Delfinoverde wrote:@ quikquak – but why does the VST work then on the same Mac 10.5.8 ?
For the AU, are you running Logic in 32 or 64 bit?
Thanks,
Dave H.
QQ

Could not get the free version to work with Tracktion 5.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:Could not get the free version to work with Tracktion 5.
The free one was released 7 years ago. You may need to tell me some more information if you want some help getting it to work. OS? DAW? Plug-in version?

quikquak wrote:
Integratron wrote:Could not get the free version to work with Tracktion 5.
The free one was released 7 years ago. You may need to tell me some more information if you want some help getting it to work. OS? DAW? Plug-in version?
Windows XP Home SP3, Tracktion 5, UpStereo v2.0
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

quikquak wrote:... can you post on my contact page what it says in total, it should give a line number:-
Here's what I see...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I doesn't display an error message - it just seems zombified!

Compyfox wrote:
I remember as much, but then again - your concept is unique. The mail I sent you months ago was with another dimension and angled spots (professional tool) - it doesn't necessarily to go "there", but maybe... different materials per shape/walls, room height, maybe at least take floor/ceiling into consideration (best if the floor/ceiling could use different materials in different areas as well).

I wrote so many ideas down, I'm surprised that I can remember half of them.

quikquak wrote:Things can get completely out of hand, and away from my desire to simplify.
EvilDragon is on to something with an "advanced" panel. Maybe even use (say) a 3D room designer like SweetHome3D, create the room there, then load it into RaySpace, edit certain walls,etc.

RaySpace is to me, a sound designers dream (for both mixing music and video postpro). As you wrote yourself "create thousands of custom rooms". Indeed an interesting idea, but only if the room can have custom walls/colums/panels, etc.

quikquak wrote:I was thinking of using my 3D development work and creating the reverb in parallel processing on GPUs, which would be amazingly fast, to the extent that multiple objects could be walking around in real-time.
The thing with GPU type reverbs is, that it only works on selective ones. So far, even projects on NVidia have their issues. ATI users and Intel users would be left out.

Since RaySpace originated, a lot of things happened in terms of CPU generations. Your 3D GUI's also drastically enhanced and barely eat CPU power. Even more processing power for the RaySpace engine.

Then again... I can only dream. ;)
Thank-you for the suggestions. I am fully aware of what RaySpace could become and all the possibilities. You only have to look at existing software like Odeon:
http://www.odeon.dk/development-room-acoustics-software
To see how involved it can become, and that, I suspect, is reflected in its cost.

When I said I may use the GPU for a new RaySpace, I didn't mean for the audio itself. I meant the parallel processing would be used for creating the many thousands of audio rays needed for making the reflection impulse. This will also be needed as the move into 3D ray-tracing causes a massive increase in rays needed for a realistic impulse model. And even then it might not be fast enough for real-time.
Computers are never fast enough! :)
Thanks again,
D.

Return to “Effects”