Quikquak Upstereo Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UpStereo Pro

David, I don't think that we actually need to see "every" ray as could be seen in the current version. Just a "guess-timation" in terms of GUI would be enough. And that could mean: less CPU usage, still working in real time. Or say at a fixed latency - if the host does support PDC.

I remember Odeon, but this tool costs almost 4000 EUR (sans VAT) for the very basic version, or 15k EUR (sans VAT) for the professional version where you can include several stories and what not. I never expect "RaySpace" to pull off as much as Odeon - not to mention that a lot of rendering time would be needed.

But... I'm only talking theory here - I'm no programmer... RaySpace could use individual types of material for different parts of a figure in the room. A room could use a divided floor (to maybe simulate a stage), different parts of the wall could be either an absorber, a diffusor or even just a plain door. As long as we can say "okay, place this here, that material goes there, done".

So far, RaySpace can only do "one" material for the whole room. And in very basic form. I could actually think of a system like an offline tool to create the room you desire, then hit "process", which can then take a couple of hours to render and prepare files that the VST plugin can then access.

The VST Plugin itself could then only access the "finished" room. Maybe you cann add more chairs or something like that, or create a basic room (but with "one global" material, like currently) which can then be further edited with the ofline tool. But that's about

it. The sole purpose of the plugin would then be for microphone placement and speaker placement, automation, general settings. It basically accesses a set of data created from the offline tool - still in realtime, but the main data was generated before already. It'd be semi-realtime, but still not as static to count as plain convolution. Of course, an IR can still be created from that, though it's definitely not the same.

I'm only giving food for thought here.

Actually, Voxengo already tried to dive into that section (room creation, custom types of material), but it remained static (IR). AcousticaAudio Nebula tool the concept a bit further, with actual conrol over in-between steps. But it relies on tons of recordings and it's still somewhat static.

If done right - this could be a killer application, even if it's only 2.5 dimensions (front wall, side wall, maybe floor). But unfortunately, such an idea needs both time and manpower to create.

Still keeping my fingers crossed though.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I can't try it, it needs video card specs!

I sold my NVidia as it conflicted power-wise with my air conditioner being on at the same time.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

quikquak wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote:@ quikquak – but why does the VST work then on the same Mac 10.5.8 ?
For the AU, are you running Logic in 32 or 64 bit?
Thanks,
Dave H.
QQ
Of course only 32 Bit as i cannot run 64 Bits on my Mac, nor use 64 Bit software.

David, I don't think that we actually need to see "every" ray as could be seen in the current version. Just a "guess-timation" in terms of GUI would be enough. And that could mean: less CPU usage, still working in real time. Or say at a fixed latency - if the host does support PDC.
Yeah well it helps to show the rays, but what I meant was about analysis and creation of the impulse response of the room. It be achieved on the GPU using off-screen buffers. But it's a little harder as I don't want to go down the Cuda route, and upset even more people who have incompatible cards and drivers! : )

CUDA for audio IMO was dead on arrival.

Either way... should you consider updating Rayspace... you know what I think about it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:So far, RaySpace can only do "one" material for the whole room. And in very basic form. I could actually think of a system like an offline tool to create the room you desire, then hit "process", which can then take a couple of hours to render and prepare files that the VST plugin can then access.
Really nice idea Compy :tu:

Selfik wrote:
Compyfox wrote:So far, RaySpace can only do "one" material for the whole room. And in very basic form. I could actually think of a system like an offline tool to create the room you desire, then hit "process", which can then take a couple of hours to render and prepare files that the VST plugin can then access.
Really nice idea Compy :tu:
RaySpace is different because it creates the sound while you build the room, and adjusts itself while you move the source and listener. I'm not going to make something where the user has to wait for hours to hear the results. I'm sure there is other software on the market that'll do that kind of offline processing for you.

It was meant for advanced features.

Hi,

anybody else have latency issue even with the latest release..?
Macosx 10.6.8 -Logic Pro 9.1.6

When i duplicate a track with a single drum loop, i insert "Upstereo Pro" on the second track, and the Plug in Latency Compensation doesn't work.. same with "active" button off or bypass..
I need to remove the plug in from the track to have syncro back..

Am i the only one...?

Thanks, I like this plug A LOT.. ( it's the demo verion )

Yeah, I'm also having issues with the latest release (1.01), 64bit on Mac AU in Logic X. It keeps crashing and deregistering, leaving me a with a non-functional bright red screen in the main monitoring area of the plugin, and the only way to 'fix' it is unload the plugin altogether, load it again, and re-register again.

I really like the sound of the plugin, and have been a long-time happy QuikQuak user, so have no doubt this will get fixed soon; it's just normal new-plugin "teething pains." I've already emailed the developer, and am looking forward to the next update!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I apologise for bumping this thread, but has anyone managed to solve the delay issue?

I'm using UpStereo Pro 1.01 x64 on Windows 7.

Example:
I'm using FL Studio 11. Could ASIO have anything to do with it?

Nope, same issue on mac 10.6.8 logic pro 9.1.6
Too bad cuz i really love what this plugin is able to do.. unlike anything else

SneaKa wrote:Too bad cuz i really love what this plugin is able to do.. unlike anything else
Yeh, same here, I'd really love to fix that somehow.

I've tried the free version though and there's no delay. But that one is 7 years old and the Pro version is better.

UpStereo Pro is updated to v2.0:

* Features a new core engine, with better quality and half the latency.
* Increases stereo edge sounds without slurring transients.
* New visual indicators for bass and harsh top end.
* New overall linear EQ gain for making either very subtle or massive changes.

Product page and new videos...
http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_UpStereoPro.html

This version (VST3 Mac 64-bit) crashes Cubase 8 and Cubase 7.5 here (I've sent a support request). The previous version is o.k.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Return to “Effects”