Quikquak Upstereo Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UpStereo Pro

The 32bit demo (downloaded 10 minutes ago) crashes Reaper 4.591 32bit Win7.
There is a readme file that says copy the upstereo folder to the vst directory. The website says just to copy the .dll, I tried both and got a crash each time.

The .dll crash gave me this in the event log in case there's info in there:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2/13/2014 1:14:34 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: PC
Description:
Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 4.5.9.0, time stamp: 0x52d9a11e
Faulting module name: UpStereo Pro.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52fa2ebd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003f65a
Faulting process id: 0x162c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf28e766b3209a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\UpStereo Pro.dll
Report Id: b02ea709-94da-11e3-a1c4-001636e6a853
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-13T18:14:34.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>68724</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Ratze-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>4.5.9.0</Data>
<Data>52d9a11e</Data>
<Data>UpStereo Pro.dll</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>52fa2ebd</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0003f65a</Data>
<Data>162c</Data>
<Data>01cf28e766b3209a</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\REAPER\reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\UpStereo Pro.dll</Data>
<Data>b02ea709-94da-11e3-a1c4-001636e6a853</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Tp3 wrote:Nevermind the free. I bought the Pro. it has exceptional something to it, that I can't recall getting from the other plugins I have (both free and commercial).

Cheers, D. !
yep, I tried it a/bing against IK's quad image, and it absolutely blow qi away

can live with the high latency (the IK stuff in linear mode is similar) - it's only something I'd use at the final mix stage, not tracking

as for latency - just checked, splineq 2496 samples so about the same (as I expected), and IK lin eq a massive 18624 samples

Version 1.01 is now online:-
Plug-in delay compensation errors corrected.
Runtime libraries included for 64 bit Windows.

You need to copy the whole unzipped folder (including the skin folder) into the plug-in directory. I've update the download page to reflect the newer plug-ins.
http://www.quikquak.com/downloads.html

Thanks again for the feedback.
Dave H.

Any chance to see an update of RaySpace?

I just got confirmation that "Impulse Modeler" by Voxengo won't see an update in the forseeable future. But RaySpace looks (and works) like an outstanding sound design tool. But it's unfortunately a bit outdated.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes, while we have the developer's attention, I also would like to ask for the x64 RaySpace. Preferably with an updated engine, oversampling etc, etc...I'm very surprised it was not further developed.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

What is the visual display showing me that warrants it being there and Can it be switched off ?

Tapehead wrote:I also would like to ask for the x64 RaySpace. Preferably with an updated engine, oversampling etc, etc...I'm very surprised it was not further developed.
Me too. x64 RaySpace would make the cash fly out of my wallet.

That, and the inclusion of all the FR's I filed months ago (custom material per wall, angled rooms, room height being included in the equation, open spaces, source/destination placement, better 5.1 support, etc).

There is room for more - and RaySpace is a one of it's kind.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Holophonic wrote:What is the visual display showing me that warrants it being there and Can it be switched off ?
The display gives you fast feedback on the peak loudness, and tells you when it's clipped.
I've have found that it's gives me a memorable limit range that can be quite useful.
Although perhaps you could ask, why does anything have a display? : )
There will be other choose-able display types coming in the future.

Compyfox wrote:That, and the inclusion of all the FR's I filed months ago (custom material per wall, angled rooms, room height being included in the equation, open spaces, source/destination placement, better 5.1 support, etc).

All of those would be :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The AU Version 1.01 + previous 1.00 crashes at start on MAC Leopard 10.5.8 host: Amadeus Pro. It does not pass AU validation in LOGIC Pro 9.1.5. :eek: It works only on DSP-Quattro 4! :scared:

Compyfox wrote:That, and the inclusion of all the FR's I filed months ago (custom material per wall, angled rooms, room height being included in the equation, open spaces, source/destination placement, better 5.1 support, etc).

Thank-you for the RaySpace comments, the SDK it uses is unfortunately out of date, so it'll need a big re-write. Although I'm wary of making it too complex, as it wasn't designed as a complete room maker, but as an easy to sketch, top down room designer.
Things can get completely out of hand, and away from my desire to simplify.
I was thinking of using my 3D development work and creating the reverb in parallel processing on GPUs, which would be amazingly fast, to the extent that multiple objects could be walking around in real-time.

quikquak wrote:Version 1.01 is now online:-
Plug-in delay compensation errors corrected.
Runtime libraries included for 64 bit Windows.

You need to copy the whole unzipped folder (including the skin folder) into the plug-in directory. I've update the download page to reflect the newer plug-ins.
http://www.quikquak.com/downloads.html

Thanks again for the feedback.
Dave H.
Wow, that was Qui(c)k (Quak) :)

Thanks, D.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Delfinoverde wrote:The AU Version 1.01 + previous 1.00 crashes at start on MAC Leopard 10.5.8 host: Amadeus Pro. It does not pass AU validation in LOGIC Pro 9.1.5. :eek: It works only on DSP-Quattro 4! :scared:
This plug-in was developed using Logic 9 as a test bed, in 32 and 64 bit modes.
Can people please contact me through my web site with details like, OSX 32 or 64 bit, and what it does. It could be that OS 10.5 is too old for the plug-in to work, but I really need to know what its doing and it's more useful to keep contact as email.
Thanks all.
Dave H.

@ quikquak – but why does the VST work then on the same Mac 10.5.8 ?
You should test better before releasing, or at least state it on your site that it might not work on older Macs! Thank you.

Return to “Effects”