New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Oh... a IK EQ. I stopped with purchasing IK plug-ins some times ago and I think this was a good decision :D

Are they ever gonna get rid of that stupid dinosaur picture on the face? I mean seriously. What are we 8 years old?

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

4damind wrote:Oh... a IK EQ. I stopped with purchasing IK plug-ins some times ago and I think this was a good decision :D
It has been explained how this is a sought-after EQ, a holy grail for mastering, not available elsewhere (unless you own the hardware) and you point out you no longer use IK plugins so I apologize that I fail to understand what you are trying to add here? If you have an issue, please do contact me or IK directly and I'd be happy to help.

Edit - I do appreciate seeing our plugins listed on your web site and I hope someday other plugins we make will be there too, so let me know how I can help with what is preventing you from continuing with us and our newer gear and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orbit-50 wrote:Are they ever gonna get rid of that stupid dinosaur picture on the face? I mean seriously. What are we 8 years old?
This suggestion has been made by some, others don't mind/care, so I'll relay your suggestion too. While it doesn't affect the sound or usability, it does bother some and not others and I don't have the raw data so at least you have added a +1 in the "don't like the t-rex" column. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
This suggestion has been made by some, others don't mind/care, so I'll relay your suggestion too. While it doesn't affect the sound or usability, it does bother some and not others and I don't have the raw data so at least you have added a +1 in the "don't like the t-rex" column. Thank you.
Yeah, sorry man. I'm just frustrated because I like T-racks and would like to buy more into it but I stopped using it a long time ago because of the dinosaur thing. I just can't take it seriously.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Hey - that ain't just any stupid dinosaur, that's a T-Rex dinosaur. Mr. T-Rex to you... :hihi:

No matter how you slice it, it's a stupid dinosaur. It doesn't belong on mastering software. Period! :hihi:

.-.

Oooh, wait a minute. Maybe they could make a special edition without the stupid dinosaur? I would buy into that for sure. How hard would that be?

.-.

i don't mind the T-Rex. they make perfectly good stomp boxes.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Orbit-50 wrote:Yeah, sorry man. I'm just frustrated because I like T-racks and would like to buy more into it but I stopped using it a long time ago because of the dinosaur thing. I just can't take it seriously.
This is seriously one of the silliest things I've ever read. Including the Monty Python quotes above.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

You're entitled to spend your dollars as you want, but it seems pretty absurd, caring about a GUI element that has no impact on the function -at all-. Especially when the actual GUIs are well laid out and easy to use. Oh, no, the branding mark! I'd never allow my clients' material to pass through that, though it affects said material in no way whatever, it's just, you know, the principle of the thing!

I would think it would be a little more childish (you brought up 8 years old, please recall) to place such emphasis on something that doesn't matter, eschewing sound quality, fidelity to the item in question, and all the other things that do. But if a t-rex logo puts you off that bad, that's your prerogative...

Ok, being that you think it's silly, why do you think let's just say for instance Waves, Sony, Steinberg, Ableton, reFX, and a bunch of other software companies etc... don't put dinosaurs or any other type of nonsense like this on their software. I really don't think I have to explain why they don't do this because it's quite obvious why. If you don't believe me, just contact any of those companies and pitch that idea to them and see what happens. Having said that, if IK wants that on their software that's fine, but I happen to be a customer who doesn't like looking at such lame logotypes on music production software. Sorry to ruffle you guys feathers, but that's how I feel about it.

.-.

Orbit-50 wrote:Ok, being that you think it's silly, why do you think let's just say for instance Waves, Sony, Steinberg, Ableton, reFX, and a bunch of other software companies etc... don't put dinosaurs or any other type of nonsense like this on their software. I really don't think I have to explain why they don't do this because it's quite obvious why. If you don't believe me, just contact any of those companies and pitch that idea to them and see what happens. Having said that, if IK wants that on their software that's fine, but I happen to be a customer who doesn't like looking at such lame logotypes on music production software. Sorry to ruffle you guys feathers, but that's how I feel about it.

.-.
But that's all, you know? They wouldn't want the T-Racks logo because they have their own logos. You like their logos better. That's fine. You don't like the T-Racks logo. That's also fine. What is less fine is insulting people who either are fine with it or just don't care because it's unobtrusive to the functionality and sound of the product by implying that they're a bunch of children. No, we are not eight, to answer your sarcastic, rhetorical question.

It's okay to not like things, but don't be a **** about the things you don't like.

Orbit-50 wrote:Ok, being that you think it's silly, why do you think let's just say for instance Waves, Sony, Steinberg, Ableton, reFX, and a bunch of other software companies etc... don't put dinosaurs or any other type of nonsense like this on their software. I really don't think I have to explain why they don't do this because it's quite obvious why. If you don't believe me, just contact any of those companies and pitch that idea to them and see what happens. Having said that, if IK wants that on their software that's fine, but I happen to be a customer who doesn't like looking at such lame logotypes on music production software. Sorry to ruffle you guys feathers, but that's how I feel about it.

.-.
I'd definitely put a dinosaur on my firm's logo precisely because nobody else does. Also, I'd use tools regardless if some "big boys" are using them or not, or think of them highly or not. I'd also strive to make music that is not like somebody else's music...The whole idea of staying creative - is not to be like someone else.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Return to “Effects”