New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

I don' have a specific date for the end of intro pricing, but it will likely be when the next update comes out for Custom Shop (starting with new AmpliTube gear) which is pretty soon according to how things are going with testing, etc.

We haven't said anything about credits with SampleTank 3 but we have stated it will not be in Custom Shop upon release so not likely to be a credit purchase (though we have shown a shopping cart icon in the GUI and have no official statement as of yet how this will be used so keep an eye out for more information) . For official SampleTank 3 information, we have this post on our official forum: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=7598

Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them along.

Curious about an IK tech question - Does anyone know the way the preferences are set/default on individual IK instances vs. using IK plugs within the CS shell thingy? In the shell, you can select for oversampling in preferences (the default is the lowest setting) but when you launch the single plug-in, you can't adjust these options like oversampling (i dont think).
So, what are the default settings on the single plug-in instances?
Are they set to the lowest oversampling, or the highest setting for highest quality?

You can adjust oversampling in single plugs as well, and it affects all instances of the same plug. So you can track or mix at lowest latency, and switch to highest quality when rendering.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Peter, thanks for the response. One other thing I should've asked: will there be any advance notice for the end of intro pricing on the EQ 432 (and if so, where will the notification show up)? Or....will I just log on one day (naturally, the day I can finally buy it) and it will be gone? Thanks!

b15fliptop wrote:You can adjust oversampling in single plugs as well, and it affects all instances of the same plug. So you can track or mix at lowest latency, and switch to highest quality when rendering.
You might want to be careful about this, though - definitely give it another function pass before rendering out - oversampling is not free, there's usually some change to the sound itself when using oversampling or linear phase vs. lower latency methods. E.g. aggressive shelving on either side of the audible spectrum turning into something that can show up in the audible mix. I remember an old example from when T-Racks 3 Deluxe first came out and the Brickwall limiter was the bee's knees (still is a hell of a tool imo), people didn't realize that there could be as much as a +/-1.5dB change in some audible frequencies when using linear phase and A/D protection vs. minimal latency mode. That's a big deal, you know? :scared:

Just make sure to monitor before you render so that you don't end up with an unwanted surprise. Oversampling is a very powerful tool when used correctly and IKMM implements it very well, it's just on the user to know that it does require a little engagement on their part to get the best results from it in practice. :tu:

okay, so how do you set the oversampling with the single plug-ins? I have the PDF manual open right now and have thumbed through it and it only talks about changing oversampling modes in CS as well as the resources it hogs when engaging the oversampling with linear phase? is there a global setting somewhere because when I load a 'single' T-racks plug-in on a DAW track, there is NO preferences which would allow this change.

??

***EDIT - if I open T-racks CS from my desktop, click preferences and change the oversampling, does it take effect globally on all subsequent 'single's' uses?

@Agreed, I hear you. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any major changes when switching between modes on IK stuff. Just "More Betterer™" sound. Synthmaster is another story. Patches sound COMPLETELY different at different quality settings.

@sadkin, lower left corner of the plugs, there is a button labeled "PREFS" that opens the latency settings.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:@sadkin, lower left corner of the plugs, there is a button labeled "PREFS" that opens the latency settings.
Hmmm...I see the 'Pref' tab when I drag the T-racks CS onto a track but if I grab a 'single' plug-in, there is no 'Pref' in the lower left corner of the plug-ins UI. Just to be clear, I think it is just a matter of setting it in T-racks CS 'Stand Alone' (launching it from the desk top), making the desired preference changes then closing the CS. Then when using IK plug-in 'singles' in a DAW, the changed settings under preferences are saved 'globally' and any IK plug-in 'Single' used after that change is working/acting with those preference settings. Yes?

Yours don't look like this?
BritCh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

HOLY CRAP?! yes, ....yes it does....except that curiously, there is no 'Pref' tab on Master 432EQ?!I had been dragging 432 over time after time and looking at that plug-in - no 'Pref' tab...buuuuuut given your reply I figured to try another 'singles', and sure enough - others have it?! Just not 432...

whats up with that?

Interesting... maybe it's not an option on that module, given that it's intended for mastering. It would make sense, actually.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

I noticed this, and assumed that it's always over-sampling.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I recently had a WTF thread where it was pointed out that the "plug" and the "shell" that can host the plug have vastly different preferences.

Oversampling is not an option on the T-RackS Master EQ 432. It is always enabled up to 192.

It follows this behaviour:

At 44.1 / 48 oversampling is set to 4X
At 96 oversampling is set to 2X
At 192 oversampling is set to OFF

Peter, will there be any advance notice for end to intro pricing? Thanks.

Return to “Effects”