New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

T-Rex....T-Racks.....you people have no sense of humor

Man, if an IK thread doesn't go off-the-rails for one thing, it does for another.

Don't fight the game... play it!

I've got all the t-racks stuff, most of sampletank, and a lot of free amplitube gear.

I don't "need" any of it, preferring our hardware and full suites of Sonnox, Duende, Lexicon, Exponential, and select NI, PSP, DMG, Relab, etc. most of the time.

I am really diggin' the Precision Comp/Limiter and will get the new Master EQ 432 (unless it's more than 100 Quatloos or so).

I also like the three SSL-style plug-ins, 1176/LA2, Fairchild/Pultec and CSRs as alternative selections.

The Opto is decent, too... but I have little to no use for the yellow, silver and red ones.

Oh, the Tape Echo is pretty cool, as well.

Anyway, I think I've got less than 20 bucks a piece on average in each t-racks plug-in and redundant licenses to boot.

Plus, it scratches my itch for Hot Wheels collecting and the like when I was a kid.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

As a suggestion for any EQ product, it would be great to have a dry/wet knob, where the dry signal is passed untouched together with the equalized signal. Parallel EQ bring a hugely common usage pattern, it would be great to do it in the plugin without duplicating tracks.

Orbit-50 wrote:No matter how you slice it, it's a stupid dinosaur. It doesn't belong on mastering software. Period! :hihi:

.-.
"mastering software" can't compete with a professional mastering studio and engineer equipped with all of the outboard gear anyway, with or without dino. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

b15fliptop wrote:You're using coconuts! Where'd you get the coconuts? Found them? In Italy? The coconut's tropical!

they probably have shops in Italy where you can buy stuff. Its a trend thats gone global....

Kriminal wrote:
b15fliptop wrote:You're using coconuts! Where'd you get the coconuts? Found them? In Italy? The coconut's tropical!

they probably have shops in Italy where you can buy stuff. Its a trend thats gone global....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFXG3r_0B8

murnau wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:No matter how you slice it, it's a stupid dinosaur. It doesn't belong on mastering software. Period! :hihi:

.-.
"mastering software" can't compete with a professional mastering studio and engineer equipped with all of the outboard gear anyway, with or without dino. :D
Its the mastering engineer's ear your paying for, not the tools. I refuse to believe professional mastering can't be achieved ITB when you have power tools like Wavelab, Har-Bal, and Nebula at your disposal. Knowing what to do with the tools is the issue.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
murnau wrote:

.-.
Its the mastering engineer's ear your paying for, not the tools. I refuse to believe professional mastering can't be achieved ITB when you have power tools like Wavelab, Har-Bal, and Nebula at your disposal. Knowing what to do with the tools is the issue.
yeah i know: ears not gears, what you said. for premastering ITB is great. i know that the 3-4 % :) on top can only be reached with outboard gear but the gap is getting smaller every year.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I call shenanigans to that.

But then again... what do I know.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

electro wrote:
murnau wrote:

.-.
Ozone5 have been used on commercial tracks.That's not a secret and the same for Waves mastering plugins. I have not read och heard about IK's plugins been used on commercial tracks but it's just a matter of time. I read an interview with one top master engineer here in Sweden and he is working in his house nowadays and use....tadaa... software when he's mastering.

Does it really matter "what" you use?

Or does the actual musical output matter?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Daimonicon wrote:...I have not read och heard about IK's plugins been used on commercial tracks but it's just a matter of time. ...
Exactly. But lots of popular AEs & MEs are already and still using IKM stuff alongside hardware. But it´s also a fact that they have to run a business and ususally don´t lurking around in forums (especially KVR) and talking about what they are using and what not. They need to make money and ususally take whatever works best for them.

If people would know that stuff from 50 Cent has been mixed with some IKM Plug Ins, that some really talented AEs & MEs from all over the world are using them in their productions which you can hear all day long on the Radio, that lots of them no matter if they like the particular device or not most of time always mention that the IKM stuff "sounds like hardware"...dangit, I mean some KVR users are really too stupid using searchengines on their own.

I am really looking forward for this EQ but still need some other devices like the Tape Echo or the White British Channelstrip and the British Bus Comp. I have read so many good things about them from people who really knows their shit that I really don´t care the usual KVR Standard IKM Bashing.

Btw will this one come calibrated to -18dBFS RMS too?

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

-1 for the dinosaur logo. I wish it weren't there.

actually high end mastering gear like antelope audio have a funny animal logo as well. :)

ps. with a little bit of kung-fu mental training (a week or so) you can make that the dino disappear. of course it's still there but not for you anymore! :tu:

Daimonicon wrote: Ozone5 have been used on commercial tracks.That's not a secret and the same for Waves mastering plugins.

Ive heard them, it wasnt a pleasant experience.

Do you think Thelonious Monk would have his tracks mastered digitally????

Dont put yourself thru it.....

Return to “Effects”