New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Can I go to the IK site, pick a single plugin, use paypal and get it running without the whole Custom Shop Mothership and all the Klingons yet? Just waiting for the signal!

Also CD SoundMasters has a "Songtec" 250 but it's obviously not modeled but 'sampled' since it's Nebula.

DaveGamble wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:Yes of course ! Another EQ ! Why not, thousands of EQs !!
Where else is this sought-after EQ modeled? This is a major EQ for ITB mastering (because the real version is a force to be reckoned with), I hope you try it out when available. Thanks.
I did this in EQuilibrium last year. Though I modelled the 250 rather than the 432 (difference is gain range and steps off top of my head). Same topology/design, but you'd need to set the gain range to 6dB to get it to line up. I didn't do the dB step increments though.

I think this is a fantastic sounding EQ. Love it.

Dave.
This time around, a comparison might actually work. No way that IK would model saturation into a mastering EQ, wozld they?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

there bound to be SOME saturation as they're modeling a hardware unit.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:there bound to be SOME saturation as they're modeling a hardware unit.
Just FYI, Sontec specs list THD+N as 0.01% (-80dB from peak). That unit (as were most of them) was definitely designed with avoidance of distortion in mind.
If they're modelling saturation, it'll be something they've added in, not something from the unit.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

We wouldn't add anything. That's not our bag, when we create a new model we purchase the real unit then perform our rigorous process to model the hardware as accurately as possible. This process doesn't include adding faked saturation or "best guess" distortion to the appropriate category of gear, etc like may or may not happen elsewhere (we wouldn't know, that's just not how we work). Having the real hardware and using a process we've perfect over the many years we've been doing it is what sets the gear models apart. I can't wait until folks can it a try when we release very soon, since using it on one's own material should prove helpful to many in hearing the quality of this EQ.

Also, this EQ is said to add great "shine" or "air" as one of the key sought-after characteristics - that should be a good indicator of its key characteristics before you can try on your own material as suggested in my post immediately above.

Check your IK User Area and in the latest Custom Shop - it is there!!! http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trcs
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NM

Great to try Peter, seems a really clean EQ!

Really like the `Big M Bright S` preset on the master.

Bug report?:
One thing I`ve noticed here is that the M/S and L/R mode, gain settings don`t seem to recall or register properly, at least on the GUI.

4tune wrote:Great to try Peter, seems a really clean EQ!

Really like the `Big M Bright S` preset on the master.

Bug report?:
One thing I`ve noticed here is that the M/S and L/R mode, gain settings don`t seem to recall or register properly, at least on the GUI.
Thanks! Could you please submit a ticket with all details so they can troubleshoot and verify? Thanks. Http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thanks! Could you please submit a ticket with all details so they can troubleshoot and verify? Thanks. Http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
The 432 doesn`t appear to be in the dropdown for support tickets yet.

4tune wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thanks! Could you please submit a ticket with all details so they can troubleshoot and verify? Thanks. Http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
The 432 doesn`t appear to be in the dropdown for support tickets yet.
That's ok you can choose T-RackS or other TR gear

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: That's ok you can choose T-RackS or other TR gear
done!

"Enhanced modules harmonic response and saturation behavior" does this apply to all modules?

bishop666 wrote:"Enhanced modules harmonic response and saturation behavior" does this apply to all modules?
Good question, let me verify any details/questions about this point and I'll let you know.

Return to “Effects”