New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Integratron wrote:So I'm thinking a sale is right around the corner????? :love:

That would be fantastic.. then I could finally get the Bus Compressor. :lol:

Still can't get the old ones to work...

wow - looks like the custom shop now allows purchases without gear credits. A very cool step in the right direction IMHO. The cost seems off though. 120 gear credits costs $99.99. However to purchase an item that costs 120 gear credits is $149.99 in the custom shop.

Also, collections like T-RackS Vintage Compressors Bundle cost 190 credits, but also carry a $149.99 price.

If IK is going to make the move toward world currency, the pricing should have parity with gear credits.

Nonetheless, this is a welcome start.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmontano wrote:wow - looks like the custom shop now allows purchases without gear credits. A very cool step in the right direction IMHO. The cost seems off though. 120 gear credits costs $99.99. However to purchase an item that costs 120 gear credits is $149.99 in the custom shop.

Also, collections like T-RackS Vintage Compressors Bundle cost 190 credits, but also carry a $149.99 price.

If IK is going to make the move toward world currency, the pricing should have parity with gear credits.

Nonetheless, this is a welcome start.
well, gear credits cost less the more of them you buy, so that might explain it. it would be stupid from IK's side to make cost equivalent to the most expensive gear credits you can get.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

But it's also a slap in the face if the prices are that drastically off.

On the other hand, I still find the prices for individual plugins WAY too high. One of the many reasons I stopped buying anything T-Racks or AT3.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

my apologies, i misread the prices. i thought the prices were lower than the gear credit equivalent, but they're actually higher. this is really questionable indeed.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Nice!

Btw, is it already possible to sell my T-RackS Multiband processors?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

I've been in this up until CS Grand. The upgrade to that was pretty fair.

After that the prices have been going up and up and up.

Patiently waited for a sale, but the last one required those gear credit thingies. I guess I'll have to be more patient :D

The whole point of credits as opposed to cash, is that the more you buy, the more you get for your money. So to make the cash price the same as the credit price would totally undermine the benefit of credits. Some people wanted to pay cash, and now they get to, but you can't expect those who have been on board with the credit system all along to suffer for it.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:The whole point of credits as opposed to cash, is that the more you buy, the more you get for your money. So to make the cash price the same as the credit price would totally undermine the benefit of credits. Some people wanted to pay cash, and now they get to, but you can't expect those who have been on board with the credit system all along to suffer for it.
well, they could have at least made them equivalent to the most expensive credits. 149 bucks for the same unit that costs at most (!) 99 bucks worth of credits if you pick the most expensive option?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:That's one change. The plugins are easier to try (and "singles" install directly so you will see them in your DAW plugin list right away) and the trial period is 14 days...
This is awesome news! Perhaps it is time to get back on the IK train again? Yesterday I did download the trial for the precision comp/limiter thing (the neve clone) and it's just as fantastic as I remembered it. A truly wonderful sounding plugin.. so I'm glad to hear that some of my main gripes about IK have been rectified! Awesome! :D

Still don't like the whole shop thing though but I can get used to it I guess. Time to try the new EQ!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

b15fliptop wrote:The whole point of credits as opposed to cash, is that the more you buy, the more you get for your money. So to make the cash price the same as the credit price would totally undermine the benefit of credits. Some people wanted to pay cash, and now they get to, but you can't expect those who have been on board with the credit system all along to suffer for it.
The whole reason that cash was made an option is in response to the general outcry against the credits. Companies like Microsoft also abandoned credit based systems because the general unpopularity. To keep the differential as is would make the cash option illusory and a bad deal for those who want to pay cash. I don't see how you would suffer buying credits, you wound be in no worse position. Some would argue that you are already suffering by loaning your money interest free to IK , but that's another story:)

Most successful businesses, ala Amazom, with one click ordering, try to make it easy, not convoluted, for customers to spend money on their products.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Hmm... they could always make the prices completely equivalent and only do sales on gear credits from now on. Oh wait, then people would also complain that people who actually participate in their rewards-type system actually get the benefits of cheaper prices, while those that refuse to don't... Hmm ;)

This isn't that hard to understand guys. Think of credits as a benefit system for those who are loyal customers. IKM are CONSTANTLY giving people deals and breaks throughout the whole year. They're doing it right now as we speak, ffs. It can't cater to everyone because people complain even when they get something for free (e.g. Variety of Sound). I'm just gonna be grateful for the new changes because they are a push in a good direction for everyone, whether some want to accept it or not.

b15fliptop pretty much laid it out in his post.

More detail about the "Enhanced modules harmonic response and saturation behavior" section of the "What's New" for those that had asked and who are interetsed:

We enhanced how modules behave when significant levels are pushed into them, resulting in a more pleasing saturation and harmonic response. While we applied this to ALL modules as a global improvement, the improvements will be most noticeable on Black 76, White 2A, Model 670, and the Brickwall Limiter. They have a particular signal path model that would be most affected by an hotter signal going into them.

How will this affect your previous projects? In most cases, where a module is used in a more "traditional" fashion (mainly standard compression/limiting tasks with reasonable levels not pushing them too hard) you will notice little to no difference most times. If you hit the front end of one of these modules pretty hard, though, you will notice a marked difference and improvement resulting in extremely pleasing saturation.

Thanks for the additional info. The "What's new" one was a bit short :phones:

Return to “Effects”