New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

hibidy wrote:So, again, anyone want to talk about the actual plug?
Or my new campaign, that's cool too! "Let Your Peter Be The Decider in 2014" errr... I'll think of something better.

Sure...let's talk more about the plugin! Here's the first (I think) video review with some more demos of the plugin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjodClMioMY

Thanks Audioguy, that was enjoyable (I'm glad to see rap was only used in the beginning though :hihi: )

Yeah, I'm pretty sold on this. I've now gone through every project I have loaded on this computer (which isn't more than about 20) and it has extremely practical uses. One thing about this video that hits home is when he mentions the time taken. I think If you understand frequencies it's a really fast way of achieving results. Doesn't take a lot of time to get things right.

On the other hand, though it works fine, I think the NI "passive" eq takes far more work and has less desirable results.

Still two questions:

Confirm/Deny "output" is not mouse controlled and if that is normal.

I'd still like someone to touch on why with PDC the samples are important.

thanks again.

Can't believe 120 credits is only the "Introductory" price, and that it will go up.

I have all the TRacks CS modules. As I recall 100 credits was the standard price for a while. Then the British and White Channel plugins were originally at 120 credits, then after public outcry, were lowered to 100 credits.

So of course I'd hate to rush and take this "Introductory" price promo bait only to find the cost gets lowered soon to 100 credits, and on the other hand, if this is serious and the TR modules including this one will soon be raised to say 150 credits, then I'd hate to miss out and not get it now at the 120 credits Intro price.

I'm hanging on to my credits in case they can be used towards SampleTank 3, either it itself or for sounds that get sold for it via Custom Shop.

From the demos I've heard I'm inclined towards and like the new 432 EQ, but want to hold off to see if my credits can be used towards ST3 stuff, but don't want to if the 432 price goes up to 150 credits from the current Intro price of 120 credits.

I'm a little sticker shocked but I have to look at it this way. Though I'm not into squeezing and mushing a mix, I do prefer something like this. What I've been surprised about is how effortless it's been to make "anything" sound better.

I bought the british bundle when it was 50% off (75 bucks?) and though I like the channel strips, they are not the most awe inspiring eq's imho. With this, it's like "oh, wow, that really makes a positive improvement" So, I have a need for it personally.

A real Sontec does magic, this is very close in terms of sound to a real Sontec. Kinda starts and ends there for me. Have you priced a Sontec 260 or 432 lately? :o

There are other options if you prefer competition, of course; some of which go the "we can do that AND" route, but this is a dead on emulation of precisely the interactions that occur in the specific unit modeled and have you tried it? It sounds so good I'm starting to actually get mad that they don't have a Massive Passive or Distressor, or a CL1B or an Mpressor or... I could go on.

I mean they have one of the best Fairchild's around, imo, so they have the capability to successfully emulate tube mu-amps, so how about a Manley Vari-Mu emulation? Pleeeeaaase

PLEEEEEAAAAASE

Here's a bit of trivia:

The MES portion of the hardware equalizer stands for "Massenburg Engineering Systems".

I've never heard of sontec before I started cruising this thread. I don't buy things on hype and mystique, I try shit out and make a decision based on price/performance/need.

I don't care what it's modeled after (though it's a cool backstory)

hibidy wrote:I'm a little sticker shocked but I have to look at it this way. Though I'm not into squeezing and mushing a mix, I do prefer something like this. What I've been surprised about is how effortless it's been to make "anything" sound better.
I already gave in and bought this because of this very reason! It is quickly becoming my favourite IK plug even though I`m a big fan of the precision compressor. I know it will probably go on sale in the future etc etc. but it seems with this one I can just set it quickly and get a lot closer to mastered reference tracks than with anything else I`ve got, so worth it IMO.

My one particular issue is the M/S recall problem I mentioned earlier in the thread (link below), so working around that by using voxengo MSED and energyXT as a wrapper for now.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5656583

edit, n/m, I see now

edit, nope it's everything.

hibidy wrote:Yep, I see it now. It's on the gain controls of the channels. The other things I've tried so far work. Ah, I'll send in a report unless it's confirmed already.
Thanks, thats great to have that confirmed on another system.

I put in a support ticket last Wednesday and IK got back to me, but the rep I spoke to couldn`t re-create it, I have sent one of the pictures I put in this thread with more explaination since, but am yet to hear any further since Friday.

I`ll update here if I hear back some more.

4tune wrote:
hibidy wrote:Yep, I see it now. It's on the gain controls of the channels. The other things I've tried so far work. Ah, I'll send in a report unless it's confirmed already.
Thanks, thats great to have that confirmed on another system.

I put in a support ticket last Wednesday and IK got back to me, but the rep I spoke to couldn`t re-create it, I have sent one of the pictures I put in this thread with more explaination since, but am yet to hear any further since Friday.

I`ll update here if I hear back some more.
Did you have the problem in the demo too or only after you purchased it?

dbender wrote:Did you have the problem in the demo too or only after you purchased it?
Yes with the demo aswell, but purchased in faith that it will be sorted as the other singles I tested work fine in this regard. Also I can work around it in the meantime with the sake of a CPU hit .

I sent a support ticket, it happens with L/R also, the long story short is that the settings are not recalled properly independently. (you'll move the shelf on the "L" and the "R" one has moved even though you didn't intend it.

It's about 90% of the time. Sometime it works, which can fool ya!

Return to “Effects”