New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

kylen wrote:Peter - I'm still enjoying the 432 it is a very good sounding and helpful (workflow) EQ. I noticed last night that after I've set up the 3 bands and shelfs I can use bypass to hear the difference in changes I've made. I'm wondering if you guys might consider a bypass per band so I could better audition the individual changes I've made. I guess my brain isn't granular enough to be able to hear changes that are pretty close in frequency. I can hear the bass and high shelf changes easy enough but a high band and a high shelf change I need to roll the gain setting back to 0 and put it back. Just a minor workflow thing I guess... any interest in that?

Was thinking this myself the other day. This EQ can be quite subtle in its boosts sometimes so some soloing ability for the bands would be welcomed!

4tune wrote:Was thinking this myself the other day. This EQ can be quite subtle in its boosts sometimes so some soloing ability for the bands would be welcomed!
I guess if the EQ topology (or whatever you call band interaction) allows for it I would like it!

kylen wrote:Peter - I'm still enjoying the 432 it is a very good sounding and helpful (workflow) EQ. I noticed last night that after I've set up the 3 bands and shelfs I can use bypass to hear the difference in changes I've made. I'm wondering if you guys might consider a bypass per band so I could better audition the individual changes I've made. I guess my brain isn't granular enough to be able to hear changes that are pretty close in frequency. I can hear the bass and high shelf changes easy enough but a high band and a high shelf change I need to roll the gain setting back to 0 and put it back. Just a minor workflow thing I guess... any interest in that?
I know we typically stay true to the hardware, but this sounds like a cool idea workflow-wise. I will relay it to the right people here. Thank you.

I know we typically stay true to the hardware, but this sounds like a cool idea workflow-wise. I will relay it to the right people here. Thank you.
Great! thanks Peter

4tune wrote:
Great! thanks Peter
You're welcome. The point about the topology may ring true, though, and it isn't typical of what we do so I don't want to get any hopes up but I did relay the idea.

If it's possible to even do I thought a small green led in the center of a knob would let me know the band is on, dbl-rt-click (or something open) and it's off, etc. That way no new real estate is needed.

Crud, no update yet!

kylen wrote:If it's possible to even do I thought a small green led in the center of a knob would let me know the band is on, dbl-rt-click (or something open) and it's off, etc. That way no new real estate is needed.
Yes or just change the white borders of the knobs to grey for the bypassed bands

That could work - even better!

hibidy wrote:Crud, no update yet!
On the M/S issue? It is being worked on. We'll post the new version to your IK User Area as soon as it is tested and available. Thanks for your patience.

I know, I know.....

Week ago I decided to demo some new IKM gear (EQ 432, Precision Comp, White Ch, Tape Echo) and was really happy about that new 14 day demo period, but I guess I should have known better...

Well, I was just going to spend some quality time with those processors but instead of that I got this wonderful pop-up screen "...module is not purchased. Click OK to open the Custom Shop to start the trial time or purchase it." and the modules are already spitting out that irritating white noise. I mean WTF?! Custom Shop IS open and it says "On trial for 7 more days"! This is just ridiculous.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

J4R1O wrote:Week ago I decided to demo some new IKM gear (EQ 432, Precision Comp, White Ch, Tape Echo) and was really happy about that new 14 day demo period, but I guess I should have known better...

Well, I was just going to spend some quality time with those processors but instead of that I got this wonderful pop-up screen "...module is not purchased. Click OK to open the Custom Shop to start the trial time or purchase it." and the modules are already spitting out that irritating white noise. I mean WTF?! Custom Shop IS open and it says "On trial for 7 more days"! This is just ridiculous.
If you report your issue to Tech Support they will be happy to help you and figure out what triggers this behavior on your system. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

J4R1O wrote:Week ago I decided to demo some new IKM gear (EQ 432, Precision Comp, White Ch, Tape Echo) and was really happy about that new 14 day demo period, but I guess I should have known better...

I already ran into this issue after three days demoing the 432. When I started a demo of the white channel it seemed to reset the hissing and pop-up on the 432, and all was ok again. I filed a support ticket but purchased the 432 in the mean time and haven`t run into it again with the current demo of the white channel..

Are you guys who are having that m/s settings not sticking problem using Windows, or Mac, or both?

Return to “Effects”