New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

MickGael wrote:
Agreed wrote:...I spent 500 CS bux about a month before they all went on mega-sale and ended up missing some gear which was a bummer, so now I'm going to be extremely careful to wait until it's on sale so I don't feel like I missed out. D'ooooooh.
This.
I'm not hurt by it, as I recall I GOT said 500 CS bux during a group buy and paid the price for 100 of 'em at the time, so it's hard to say I got screwed - I just didn't get double jeopardy/arbitrage on saving big buying AND spending them. Haha.

Tbh I have not heard about this unit before so I did a little research and I was interested in it myself because I am still looking for an "oldschool" EQ with fixed steps (love that).

The only comments I have found so far (and that were a lot) were praising the HW unit. Looks like some Holy Grail stuff. I am really interested in a shootout with the real deal when this one comes out. But I think people at GS will take care of that. :D

Nice one and I am happy that it is not just another "xyz clone" other companies already released.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote:Looks like some Holy Grail stuff.
That explains it better than I had, thank you.

Y'all should totally do a Massive Passive. I don't care that UAD has one, I want one in my T-Racks. :D

Agreed wrote:Y'all should totally do a Massive Passive. I don't care that UAD has one, I want one in my T-Racks. :D
Agreed Agreed.

IMO there is not a dud in the whole line-up of IK stuff. So, you should do everything really.

API 2500 comes to mind! I think we've been asking for long enough :)

You know what, I'd love to hear IK take on the Vertigo Comp. I ended up selling my Brainworx version, didn't sound right.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: IMO there is not a dud in the whole line-up of IK stuff. So, you should do everything really.
Wow, thank you very much. Also - um, no pressure there, right?? ;)

Aiynzahev wrote:
Agreed wrote:Y'all should totally do a Massive Passive. I don't care that UAD has one, I want one in my T-Racks. :D
Agreed Agreed.

IMO there is not a dud in the whole line-up of IK stuff. So, you should do everything really.

You know what, I'd love to hear IK take on the Vertigo Comp. I ended up selling my Brainworx version, didn't sound right.

Do you think someone can do it proper 2500 its very coloured i don't hear yet this into the algos still comps feels weak ! Eqs getting very good Museq was awesome for example very hardware like, sounds really organic and transparent !

lacandon wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
Agreed Agreed.

Do you think someone can do it proper 2500 its very coloured i don't hear yet this into the algos still comps feels weak ! Eqs getting very good Museq was awesome for example very hardware like, sounds really organic and transparent !
Museq is very good! I am not expecting anything to be just like the hardware, but I would like an API better than the waves version. EQ's too!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
lacandon wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
Agreed Agreed.

Museq is very good! I am not expecting anything to be just like the hardware, but I would like an API better than the waves version. EQ's too!
Sknote and Uad will come with some 2500(its in uad rack),in last comps uad seems seems how to get the colour right, the La 2 its very close to hardware it feels very warm! There is nebula version of 2500 i guess but hell no Nebula compression is dynamic killer ! I like the colour of APi 2500 if they model this its close enough.
There are couple eq's witch sounds very smooth so hardware eq's may not be needed but with compression still i cant feel this bite in the chest ... still sounds a bit weak,slow,small .... mostly for the bus in the mixing stage i think there are few very nice:)
Btw heard some demos in ur soundcloud page ur sound is impressive nice clean i really enjoyed ur packs , to wonder a bit whats ur sound could achieve more then this :-D perhaps this is the passion its like a drugs !

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Halma wrote:Looks like some Holy Grail stuff.
That explains it better than I had, thank you.
You are welcome. I know a lot of Holy Grail stuff but unfortunatley only when we would talk about Vinyl Records. :D

But there has to be a reason that (well serviced if you are lucky) vintage units does one not only pop up that often on auctions but costs you 6k, 8k or even more. And most of the people who where talking and writing about it were doing it in the dedicated sections with the pro & hq sections. All of them appeared at least that they knew what they are talking about.

Just curious: do you emulate a well serviced vintage one with all original parts? Especially all the nonlinear behaviour? Really love the "amp sound" of the 670 so can we expect something similar (perhaps more subtle)?

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Wow. A product that's not a toy for some miniature iOS device. Imagine pros doing bigtime recording on desktop computers again....or maybe I 'm just bitter for buying Sampletank and needing to upgrade my reading glasses to read it on a 27" monitor. I doubt I'll ever even hear all the presets on that steaming piece.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Halma wrote: But there has to be a reason that (well serviced if you are lucky) vintage units does one not only pop up that often on auctions but costs you 6k, 8k or even more. And most of the people who where talking and writing about it were doing it in the dedicated sections with the pro & hq sections. All of them appeared at least that they knew what they are talking about.

Just curious: do you emulate a well serviced vintage one with all original parts? Especially all the nonlinear behaviour? Really love the "amp sound" of the 670 so can we expect something similar (perhaps more subtle)?

Regards
Sebastian
We always use a real vintage unit when we model, and yes they typically cost at least those prices (some recent gear cost more than double that). Add months of time for some units, there's definitely a lot of costs involved but the end results are worth it. We also try to get working units, but if they need any repair we have multiple people qualified to service vintage hardware (in fact we have people who DO this for studios in Italy fairly regularly, and some who hand-build their own units like the Opto Compressor hardware version that it is based off of, and some very unique custom guitar pedals the guys make in the office for each other). I know that the guys in Italy have modeled some of Sonic Reality founder Squids vintage gear and with it came any repair/upkeep the gear needed. :)

Here's a pic of some unique hand-built gear straight from the AmpliTube Project Manager's desk:

You're using coconuts! Where'd you get the coconuts? Found them? In Italy? The coconut's tropical!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

Return to “Effects”